change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E. Gadd Industries

WOW XDD That's greatness

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 01, 2017, 10:30:35 AMSeagulls are anywhere there's food tbh.  You don't have to live near water for gulls to be there
...huh. Well, I guess it isn't time to move to El Paso just yet, then.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

InsigTurtle

Quote from: Dudeman on January 01, 2017, 10:42:04 AMyou're freaking out over two seagulls and I'm just sitting here like "Ivar's"

I need a Seattleite to back me up on this
Ivar's is that seafood restaurant, right, by the waterside?

I remember one of my teachers going ape about "seagulls" not existing, and that the correct words are "gulls" or "seabirds". That being said, nobody gave a fuck, since the field was completely covered with seagulls and snow geese.

EFitTrainr

I like food.

Dudeman

Quote from: InsigTurtle on January 01, 2017, 03:44:08 PMIvar's is that seafood restaurant, right, by the waterside?
Ding ding ding

It's practically flooded with seagulls 24/7
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

WaluigiTime64

My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

InsigTurtle

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on January 01, 2017, 10:55:57 PMOh no he's onto me.
You goddamn spaghetti-eating Italians can't hide from us. If you even think of coming near me, I'll serve you the best goddamn pizza pie you've ever had.

WaluigiTime64

My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Tobbeh99

I've lately been thinking about the future and what to "go for" in the future. I thinking about whether I should try to stay in my workplace and have a stable job, and maybe even go further and higher up and get an even better profession within my company, DHL, in the transport and logistics section. Or if I should think of starting studying music again. I have though a lot about starting to study music again and what jobs and "stable jobs" there are as a musician as it's the core question that first comes to mind. If I, in the future, want to start study music seriously I have to find a way to/know how to get a living of it. And one musical profession that came to mind is church musician. The benefit being that that I like classical music, and I also play the piano (so I might be able to learn the organ fairly easily), and I also like other musical ensambles that are befitting playing in a church such as: Choirs, Classical orchestral intruments, and "acoustic" instruments in general. The profession might also be a bit "broad" and "flexible", which could allow me to perform some of my, and other peoples, arrangements. And arrange and compose music to perform in a church. Which are the things I like. The challenges I could see in it are 1) The need to be social and play with other people (I'm at times a kind of shy guy, and sometimes do bad in some social situations), 2) I'm not that religious person (even though I'm not super-atheistic, I still consider myself an atheist) and 3) The profession may not be what I thought it would be or not as good as I thought it would be (like not the "dream job" I thought it would be so it might be as fun and the same as the job I got now). So that's a thought I had going on.

Another music profession I've considered is music teacher. That with the benefit of 1) Having maybe more flexibility in the genres of the music (as I listen and enjoy pretty much all kinds of music, from metal to classical), 2) Teaching people musics and therefore contributing in making people more "musical" and making them have a better understanding of music. But having gone in school and seeing different music teachers, I got a bit of sense of what the job could be like. And it feels like it could be a lot about teaching the people to be... nice or something, and not only about the music. Sometimes you might get annoying students which gets you really annoyed. And sometimes you might have to follow a certain "way" of teaching, like x songs, or x subjects etc. So there are drawbacks with that as well.

But in the end I got to say that it's tough to have music as a profession in general, or at least it seems so. I got a friend at work who went at a high school with a like wood-working/practical work studies. And he said something that he like studied for like a year or two and after that he just got a job, it was that easy. While I got a cousin, who studied aesthetic studies, with focus on art and design, and used to joke about that it is "studies to unemployment". So y, it is kind of hard and that's why, if I consider studying music seriously, I want something that can lead to a reliable profession and not something that "if you're really good, or lucky, you can make a living out of it", that feels to much of a gamble or some sort of "you-have-to-put-all-your-energy-into" studies/work.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

EFitTrainr

If you're actually passionate about doing it, or doing anything really, you're going to have to work really hard to get there.
You can get that degree in music, and try to get a job with it, but you probably won't at first. You might have to take a shitty job working in a cubicle office type shit, but you gotta stick with it. If that's really what you want to do, you've got to dedicate your whole life to it.
I like food.

Tobbeh99

Y, if I ever get a music profession, I want a moderately good one. Not like being a great pianist traveling around the world, or some big artist or behind-the-scenes-guy or something like that. I want a decently good job, so that if I get a family, maybe in the future as well, I can both have a good and fun job with a good income and also have a life with my family and with my friends. And not just either everything or either nothing, but a very stable, but also fun, life.
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

ThatHiddenCharacter

I'm actually planning on becoming a choral teacher, but I agree with egg guy: If you're passionate about it go for it, but it will be hard.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

Tobbeh99

Y, I'm going to take some time and think about it. No need to rush. But it's also important to "take the chance" and not "wait to long", I mean every year that goes is basically a year of your life and a year of your "talent and passion slipping away". I think the best approach to this is trying to get in touch and talk to some people already there in the profession, I think my grand-mom actually has some contacts as she likes to listen to music in the church. So maybe try to squeeze in some time, in between my usual working scheme, and try to talk with some musicians and see if it seems promising.

10/10 tobbeh

E. Gadd Industries

In a crazy turn of events, I have no school today! Which means I'll spend all day fixing up Tear Drop and working on a special surprise for the forums and YouTube!
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Sebastian

Tobbeh99

So apparently my work-colleague Martin (and his girlfriend) went on a vacation, which meant that I had all the responsibility for the position I work at this day. It's good to have him by, because he has more experience and good knowledge so if I have questions or issues, I got him there to ask about them. But during the time I've gotten better at this position I work with now (which is to take care of packages that couldn't be delivered for some reason, like the company was closed or the receiver was on a holiday etc.). So I had all the responsibility with that now (even though I got more colleagues to help me out), and it went pretty fine I'd say. Very calm day, somewhat to calm during the noon, and later maybe a bit more stuff to do (yay!), but still easy and calm. I took it easy and was focused so I wouldn't miss anything, and I hope it well. I've made some mistakes during my time working there, and even though Martin also work there a bit, he has great trust in me, which is why not even he notices my errors, even though were 2 people and 4 eyes (I guess you could say) which should be better than just 1 person. So I think it went pretty well working alone, and it's nice with a longer week-end with Friday a holiday. Might be able to do some stuff, and relax and have some fun maybe, :).

10/10 tobbeh