The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

I'll be honest, that's my ultimate goal with everything.

The new LDS temple in Philadelphia looks really pretty
unmotivated

FireArrow

Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

mikey

Normally yes but the temple makes it pretty
unmotivated

Bloop

My piano teacher suggested me to play an etude from Chopin.

I think she wants me dead

Nitro Indigo

I only learned today that When You Wish Upon a Star is from Pinocchio, not Cinderella.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: Bloop on September 19, 2016, 10:58:02 AMMy piano teacher suggested me to play an etude from Chopin.

What're your strengths? If you play to them (pun intended), you can make it a little easier on yourself.
what is shitpost

InsigTurtle

My piano teacher has always joked about suddenly assigning me a Chopin étude to play hands together for the next class.
And then she actually did it.

mikey

unmotivated

Bubbles

Quote from: Bloop on September 19, 2016, 10:58:02 AMMy piano teacher suggested me to play an etude from Chopin.

WHICH ONE my faves

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Op. 10/6 is without a doubt the easiest of all 27 to play well (the TN etudes are often difficult to interpret, the F minor especially, and the D flat is much more demanding than the first two), if you're looking for something easy but gorgeous.
Outside of that, Op. 25/2, 25/7, and 25/9 are probably the most approachable. 10/9 also isn't horrible if you've got decently flexible hands (note that I said flexible and not large).
what is shitpost

Maelstrom

Bubbles

10/12 (Revolutionary Etude) was a little diffi to get the hang of but once it's all just muscle memory it's a lot of fun to play :-)

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Bloop

Quote from: Bubbles on September 19, 2016, 05:00:19 PMWHICH ONE my faves
10/3, the E major one. It doesn't seem as hard as some other ones, but I just like to joke about Chopin etude torture

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on September 19, 2016, 02:36:19 PMWhat're your strengths? If you play to them (pun intended), you can make it a little easier on yourself.
I think I'm fairly alright in polyphonic play/playing the upper voice, which is kinda the point in this etude, so I think I'll survive