The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Altissimo

Update: I got done with the music theory diagnostic exam. It was a little tougher than anticipated, especially as there were a lot of questions about form, etc of a piece and I've never been good at identifying that. Otherwise though it went well - my identification of chords, non-chord tones, cadences etc was pretty solid, and I'm very confident in the part-writing.

Later I have some aural + keyboard skills tests with the interview. That's what I'm /really/ worried about.

Oronoco

Quote from: Yellow on October 13, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.

Olimar12345

its al about confidence. after u anser every question, say "gg easy"
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Altissimo

Update #2. I'm at lunch with the other grad candidates and a handful of current grad students. We went to a wings place and i ordered fish and chips and they didnt have fries and they didnt have fish either, gj. Anyway so we were talking about our theory interests, and one of the other grad candidates mentioned video game music. So I said "Do you play video game music?" *nod* "On piano? Do you use NinSheetMusic?" and she smiled and said yes and the guy next to her chimed in, "I have that bookmarked!" and I just grinned and said I'd started arranging for them/y'all

BrainyLucario

I've always wanted to  meet a bunch of non-NSM members who actually use the site! That must have been really awesome!
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Latios212

I always wanted to meet someone who gets music from NSM so I can suddenly be like HEY I WORK THERE
still waiting though...

Quote from: Altissimo on February 01, 2016, 10:06:11 AMi ordered fish and chips and they didnt have fries and they didnt have fish either, gj.
but did they have chips??
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

BrainyLucario

Quote from: Latios212 on February 01, 2016, 11:01:46 AMI always wanted to meet someone who gets music from NSM so I can suddenly be like HEY I WORK THERE
still waiting though...
but did they have chips??
And were said chips barbecue or cheddar cheese  flavored?

braix

Quote from: Latios212 on February 01, 2016, 11:01:46 AMI always wanted to meet someone who gets music from NSM so I can suddenly be like HEY I WORK THERE
same
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Altissimo

they had greasy potato chips which were either bland or v salty

anyway i got done and uhhhhhhhh well i found out i got like a 92 on the diagnostic test? and the piano sightreading + analysis was not difficult and i did ok? and i think i did ok when i had to teach V7? but like, there were like ear analysis things and thaaat was not as good, i knew this was gonna happen because for all my skill at arranging i'm not super competent at hearing shit like that oh god ; ; nooooo i'm so nervous fuck

Olimar12345

still waiting though...

I've gotten mistaken for Deku before. It was awkward lmao.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mikey

unmotivated

BrainyLucario

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 01, 2016, 12:39:06 PMI feel like brainy didn't get the joke
I did. Chips in England are called fries in MURICA. Altissimo said fries as well as chips.

mikey

in that case you took the joke too far.

I said the word archetype too many times and now it's not a word
unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

still waiting though...
There are no words to describe how true this statement is. This is something that NEEDS to happen to me. #bucketlisthappenstancegoals
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Magic Mole

Someday in a utopian future where I'm actually motivated to arrange things frequently and I have a bunch of sheets on-site:
*some guy/girl talking about video game music*
"Hey, you ever heard of NSM? I think you'd love it."
"YES! I get like all of my sheets there, it's amazing!"
"Oh cool! I'm Magic Mole." 8)
*eyes widen and mouth falls open*
Alternate Route
"Oh cool! I'm Bespinben."
*flinches in terror and lets loose a primal shriek while doing everything they can to hide their mangled fingers*
[close]