News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zunawe

Twilight Princess isn't that dark. You could argue that Majora's Mask is darker than Twilight Princess.

I think TP is better because it still has the adventurous Zelda feel. You can watch the landscape change as you move to different areas. Skyward Sword, even though the areas themselves were fairly expansive, felt more like a level progression. You move into a new zone after a dungeon and restart the exploration. Basically, I like being able to explore the world and then slowly unlock areas and secrets (i.e. OoT bombing rocks, unlocking areas with songs, going new places with the hookshot, etc...). The best word to describe Skyward Sword's world to me is "closed".

Twilight Princess' story was better driven too. You slowly discover Zant's plot and then Ganondorf is introduced part way through. Zant's character is developed too. In Skyward Sword, for the most part, you only know that there's some mysterious evil you don't want to let out, and Ghirahim really wants Zelda for some reason. And even though there's a twist with him at the end, he's pretty static through the entire game, and we don't learn much about him.

On the other hand, Skyward Sword had a ton of little nostalgic throwbacks that made it exciting to talk to people and pay attention to the world. Twilight Princess separated itself from a lot of the other games.

That's a longer post than I've made in months.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

mikey

unmotivated

Winter

Hehe, I put in a very fitting custom title on my profile :3

Sebastian

Haha! Thanks Guys! I wanted to get one of the Wii Zelda's and couldn't decide...
I have Ocarina of Time and I want to get Wind Waker for sure!

BryantSonis

Quote from: DrP on February 15, 2014, 12:28:19 AMYou forgot weed... weed is good.

(actually, a cigarette surprisingly sounds good right now.. I have no clue why because I don't smoke
ecigs)

Weed is surely good.. I have quit analog smoking as weed gives me lot more pleasure.;.

Yugi

Quote from: BryantSonis on July 04, 2014, 11:02:49 PMWeed is surely good.. I have quit analog smoking as weed gives me lot more pleasure.;.
On the 5th of July, 2014, Bryant Sonis created an account on NSM to post this.

Bless his soul.

Ruto

Watched the fireworks today in the East River. Omg so many people and we waited 4 hours to get spaces right in front of the barricades.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

FierceDeity

Quote from: mariolegofan on July 04, 2014, 04:45:15 AMHaha! Thanks Guys! I wanted to get one of the Wii Zelda's and couldn't decide...
I have Ocarina of Time and I want to get Wind Waker for sure!

Here's an idea: get both. (Also I honestly prefer TP on GameCube. "Waggle-palooza" gets a tad obnoxious after a bit.)

KefkaticFanatic

Somewhat yea, but I just cant stand the single-stick aiming scheme you're stuck with with old Zelda games, and will take the mildly superior solution of wiimote aiming when I can.

me irl
[close]

Bubbles

I don't know where else to post this and I don't really want to create a topic, so I'll just post it here

I randomly remembered a scene from a book I read a long long time ago and it's been driving me crazy since I can't remember any more of the plot or even the title. I think it was a fairly popular book, but nothing like Harry Potter or the Hunger Games. All I remember is that the main characters were trapped in a prison-like room by an evil organization I think? They waited until a special time where they could open a portal to a weird dimension to escape, but the portal was past the place where a bunch of evil dogs (hellhounds?) were living and they had to run past and almost got eaten. The escapees were a human and possibly a non-human, and while inside the portal the human couldn't let go of the non-human or she would be lost in the dark void. One of the dogs followed them inside and became a sort of pet, but I don't think it lasted the whole time since it didn't stay with the group. There also were white ghost monsters in the dark place that tried to break them apart since if a human stayed there long enough they would become a ghost too.

I think the writing style was first person focused on a boy and a girl who might have been brother and sister? The writing was very informal and tried to make it seem like the teenagers were writing the story themselves

I read the book when I was in middle school so it was probably something young adult...I'm not sure how much of this is totally accurate, but I didn't really know how to google something this vague.

SlowPokemon

I never finished this book because I thought it was awful, but it sounds like James Patterson's Witch and Wizard series.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Bubbles

thats it oh my god thank you thank you

Wow reading the plot summary that was a pretty weird book wasn't it

Sebastian

Just finished Banjo-Kazooie :) Pretty fun!
Here's my question: Should I bother getting the next the one, Banjo Tooie? Is it any good?

K-NiGhT

Quote from: Bubbles on July 07, 2014, 08:24:43 PMI don't know where else to post this and I don't really want to create a topic, so I'll just post it here

I randomly remembered a scene from a book I read a long long time ago and it's been driving me crazy since I can't remember any more of the plot or even the title. I think it was a fairly popular book, but nothing like Harry Potter or the Hunger Games. All I remember is that the main characters were trapped in a prison-like room by an evil organization I think? They waited until a special time where they could open a portal to a weird dimension to escape, but the portal was past the place where a bunch of evil dogs (hellhounds?) were living and they had to run past and almost got eaten. The escapees were a human and possibly a non-human, and while inside the portal the human couldn't let go of the non-human or she would be lost in the dark void. One of the dogs followed them inside and became a sort of pet, but I don't think it lasted the whole time since it didn't stay with the group. There also were white ghost monsters in the dark place that tried to break them apart since if a human stayed there long enough they would become a ghost too.

I think the writing style was first person focused on a boy and a girl who might have been brother and sister? The writing was very informal and tried to make it seem like the teenagers were writing the story themselves

I read the book when I was in middle school so it was probably something young adult...I'm not sure how much of this is totally accurate, but I didn't really know how to google something this vague.
Yeah, James Patterson has a strange way of writing, but I kinda like it.

Though, I never really liked Witch And Wizard...I much preffered the Maximum Ride series. It kinda got a little shippy toward the end but in the beginning it was awesome.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness