Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

Dude

MaestroUGC

The Yearbook: "Most Likely To Dance with the Devil in the Pale Moonlight."
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Dekkadeci

While we're on the topic of "most", I caught a baby's/kid's YouTube educational series, BabyBus, with guns (shooting plungers, but with actual muzzle flash) in one episode. (My baby nephew is learning Chinese; that's why I was stuck watching this.) I tried wrapping my head around that fact, and my thoughts eventually came to the topic of "most likely Kirby character to sell guns to the protagonists". Somehow, my mind stuck onto Magolor as the most likely character.

To be fair, Magolor's a final boss in a Kirby game who manages to survive that battle. The claim is that he has repented, but he's got a pretty dark sense of humour, and he easily refers to his ambition in other games. He also sells weapons to the protagonists in another game.

LeviR.star

From the Super Castlevania IV Wikipedia page:

"Masahiro Ueno only considers Super Castlevania IV a remake of the original Castlevania to some extent."

I don't understand this. How can a game be a remake to anything lower than a full extent? I thought it was common knowledge that a game either is a remake, or it isn't. If anything, Akumajō Dracula/Castlevania Chronicles is more of a remake, even if some major parts were changed.

While we're talking about Castlevania remakes, I still don't understand Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth. It doesn't seem like a remake at all; the only specific connection I've seen so far is the inclusion of Christopher Belmont as the main character. The bosses are different, the stages are different, and so far the only track I've seen remixed is the first stage theme, Battle of the Holy, but it isn't even used in-game.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Dekkadeci

Given that a game can be an enhanced remake (e.g. Kirby Super Star Ultra, now with 4 new sub-games/modes, new music, new characters...) or a demake (e.g. Super Smash Land), I can easily believe in non-full-extent remakes. Admittedly, I find those easier to imagine for movies and TV shows, since they may not adhere to the old plot too closely.

swimswamit

Anyone tried the superstar saga remake yet? I completely forgot about it till now

Dudeman

As appealing as it is (that game's a HUGE piece of nostalgia for me), I'll always appreciate that gorgeous sprite artwork from the original over the 3D models they use now.

And, y'know, UNIQUE TOADS AND GENO IN TOAD TOWN PLEASE
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

SlowPokemon

They aren't 3D models haha. They're just very detailed pixel art. You can read about it in the Iwata Asks for Dream Team. And yes, the game is very good and the Bowser's Minions side is surprisingly addictive if you stick with it (and has some hilarious extra scenes)
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

LeviR.star

As much as I loved playing the original as a kid, I will say that the remake is so much better. Even with some of the minor changes made, it's an incredibly faithful remaster.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

swimswamit

Quote from: Dudeman on October 08, 2017, 07:10:34 PMAs appealing as it is (that game's a HUGE piece of nostalgia for me), I'll always appreciate that gorgeous sprite artwork from the original over the 3D models they use now.

And, y'know, UNIQUE TOADS AND GENO IN TOAD TOWN PLEASE
this is what I was thinking, hopefully the rest of it makes up for it. I loved that game to death, if the remake is even a smidge better I'm gonna love it.

I really want to hear the ost too

LeviR.star

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 08, 2017, 07:52:27 PMThey aren't 3D models haha. They're just very detailed pixel art.

Ah, I'm glad I found someone else that knew.

For anyone other than Slow:

BIG
Keep in mind that this is not all of Mario's battle sprites. There are tons more here
[close]

Maelstrom

Huh. I still like the pixel art from the GBA game more, as it's even more over the top.