News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrainyLucario

When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

mikey

Ok so does that mean me and dekka are like really similar people (istp and intp) or is that Not how it works
unmotivated

Dudeman

I guess you're fairly similar with your main difference being what you pay attention to and how you remember things. From the Myers-Briggs site:
Sensing (S)
Paying attention to physical reality, what I see, hear, touch, taste, and smell. I'm concerned with what is actual, present, current, and real. I notice facts and I remember details that are important to me. I like to see the practical use of things and learn best when I see how to use what I'm learning. Experience speaks to me louder than words.
Intuition (N)
Paying the most attention to impressions or the meaning and patterns of the information I get. I would rather learn by thinking a problem through than by hands-on experience. I'm interested in new things and what might be possible, so that I think more about the future than the past. I like to work with symbols or abstract theories, even if I don't know how I will use them. I remember events more as an impression of what it was like than as actual facts or details of what happened.

Going through these descriptions again, I'm pretty sure I'm still ISTJ without taking the test again.

EDIT: Okay nope I take that back, definitely ISFJ now.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

unmotivated

braix

I got ISTP-T ("Virtuoso")

Dislike Commitment – Long-term commitments are particularly onerous for Virtuosos. They prefer to take things day-by-day, and the feeling of being locked into something for a long time is downright oppressive. This can be a particular challenge in Virtuosos' romantic relationships.

a sad excuse for a human being and proud
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mikey

Woahwoahwoah wait

Istp A or... Was there a ddifferent letter behind it

Oh I see I can't read whee

What's the difference between t and a then
unmotivated

Dudeman

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on September 01, 2017, 02:40:50 PMWhat's the difference between t and a then
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

EDIT: After a little research, the T and A extensions are unique to the 16 Personalities site's model and indicate if you worry or react to stress (T), or not (A). I don't think I'm a huge fan of this; the way the site presents it makes it seem like -A personalities are better than -T personalities by virtue of being more content with their lives.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

WaluigiTime64

yeah because i got an A at the end and i'm so frickin stressed all the time
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Zunawe

I'll spin that and say it might mean A might tend to have more trouble with meeting expectations and deadlines where T has a better grasp of reality and understanding of consequences. American culture (and others) is obsessed with the negative effects of excessive stress. But "reacting to stress" doesn't mean better or worse.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Zeila

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on September 01, 2017, 01:34:55 PMOk so does that mean me and dekka are like really similar people (istp and intp) or is that Not how it works
If you really want to get technical, ISTP have the functions (dominant to inferior) Ti, Se, Ni, and Fe, whereas INTP is Ti, Ne, Si, and Fe. So it's not just a difference between S and N, but what represents them.

There's a greater difference between something like INFP and INFJ where they have different cognitive functions altogether, thus processing the world entirely differently even if there's only a one letter difference

Maelstrom

I got some weird results. I'm INTP-T which doesn't surprise me, but I was kinda close to ISTP. It's weird, but makes sense. I seem to flip flop between being way too logical and being ADD. It's weird, tbh

E. Gadd Industries

*whew* speed reading training is more extensive than I first imagined... however, I will push through! My goal: reach 450 WPM. Right now I'm reading about 310.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

mikey

the difference between A and T is that zorro will amount to something and I won't
unless I get lucky

is that accurate?

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on September 01, 2017, 07:29:43 PM*whew* speed reading training is more extensive than I first imagined... however, I will push through! My goal: reach 450 WPM. Right now I'm reading about 310.
woah wait where do you do this I want to try

EDIT: found one online that said I read at 2097 wpm with a comprehension of 45% lol
unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

2097 WPM????? JEEZ
Uh
Here are links:
https://readspeeder.com/lessons.html
That's what I'm using to train.

Also helpful:
http://phrasereader.com/
You can copy/pasta any test into the box, select "Parse", and then adjust the rate at which you want to read it, and it'll split the text into phrases and auto-scroll for you at the desired speed. Reaaaaally helpful for breaking down large blocks of text from textbooks and the like.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

mikey

well basically I went to a site that had a "start" button, I pressed it and read the page as fast as I could, then it had some generic questions you'd find on an exam

but I guess I read paragraphs out of order
unmotivated