The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

They called the other games' stories dull as well though. I mean, PMD games aren't the best but they don't even acknowledge the cult following. Bad? Maybe. 4.5? No.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

KefkaticFanatic

A review isn't supposed to talk about what other people think of the games, it's about a personal critical opinion.

And most reviews about that game are along the same lines anyway :x

me irl
[close]

blueflower999

Is the story on par with the other two games?
Bulbear! Blueflower999

SlowPokemon

Quote from: blueflower999 on March 27, 2013, 01:02:48 PMIs the story on par with the other two games?

Same story pretty much. No worse or better.

Yugi

See, the problem with you is that you look at IGN.

Stop that.

blueflower999

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 27, 2013, 01:56:24 PMSame story pretty much. No worse or better.
If this is true, what's there to complain about? Unless they screwed up bringing PMD to the third dimension, this entry should be fine!
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Yugi

SlowPokemon

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on March 27, 2013, 10:51:36 AMA review isn't supposed to talk about what other people think of the games, it's about a personal critical opinion.

And most reviews about that game are along the same lines anyway :x

No they aren't. Metacritic's page has a 66 with only one review worse than that one and a good many of them being in the 70-80 range.

Quote from: Yugi on March 27, 2013, 02:06:12 PMSee, the problem with you is that you look at IGN.

Stop that.

Yeah. I really should. They've become Nintendo fanboys. I don't know when I can trust a review by them. I mean, half the time Nintendo's games are amazing and deserve their scores (I firmly believe that games like Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 deserved their awesome scores), but then you have Paper Mario Sticker Star and Mario Tennis Open, which were pretty poor games (for me) yet earned not bad scores. And then you have a game like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, which is far more enjoyable and gets 4.5.

It's like half the time I think Nintendo pays them to write decent reviews of their games.

Nebbles

Sticker Star was... well, it had a good sound track.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SlowPokemon

That it did, I agree. I just didn't enjoy it enough for me to play very far in it. It's one of those I'll probably get around to playing all the way through eventually, but it's not at the top of my priority list.

Nebbles

blueflower999

Bulbear! Blueflower999

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Nebbles on March 27, 2013, 06:40:49 PMI just have to beat Bowser.

What would your rating of the game be, on a scale from one to ten? Since you've played it through. I'm curious as to whether I misjudged it or not. From what I saw, I'd probably give it around a five or six, that's mostly because of the charming art and music.

Nebbles

Hm... I'd give it a fair score, since I still had some fun playing it. It didn't have very good direction at times, and battling was tedious. But the writing was still good and the soundtrack was amazing. So an average score.

FSM-Reapr

Quote from: blueflower999 on March 27, 2013, 06:42:03 PMBowser's the final boss?! No way!
Also hear this!

He actually kidnapped a princess! :O Can you believe it?!