News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

The Deku Trombonist's Arrangements

Started by The Deku Trombonist, August 28, 2009, 11:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Deku Trombonist

Woah, I actually did something!

[N64] The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
  • Hyrule Field - Mus

I'm mainly looking for feedback on this one. Parts of it I'm just messing around with combining parts etc so I'm not sure exactly how good they sound. Feel free to tell me if a certain section just doesn't work.

SlowPokemon

This is great and all--really it is! But Legend of Zelda is most of what you have been arranging... maybe you'd consider fulfilling my Anville Town request... it's a great song for Pokemon Black and White...and a way to get your name on the BW section.

Hyrule Field is probably my favorite song from LoZ btw. :D
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Bloop

...Who wants to play this 9 minutes long? I do if I can play this :P.

But you're sure about no Key changes?

Olimar12345

Great piece!! one suggestion:122 and 124 the runs up could be an octave higher...
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Sekter77

Olimar's suggestion sounds good.
Other than that you did a pretty good job balancing out the different instruments. I forgot that the end adds a lot of parts in.
Anyway, constructive criticism time: maybe look at Measures 153-159. The bass sounds a little weird, but maybe the chords are dissonant on purpose. I can't really tell.
Also, maybe you could put in the flute part at Measure 126 just before the next bar.
I think the left hand chords at Measure 143 are off a little bit too. It sounds like the high note should be above those in the preceding measure, not even with them.
And my last nitpick will be to say that the right hand G which starts Measure 143 could have a grace note on it.

Good job though on a long and difficult song! It's good to see one of the classics finally get the replacement it so badly needed. Thanks for putting so much work into this arrangement!
Guitar and video games.

The Deku Trombonist

Key Changes: Couldn't be bothered and I'm not really sure where they'd go.

Runs @ 122 & 124: Fixed.

L.H. @ 153-159: The clarinet(or whatever it sounds like) plays the top notes in this bit and then I just added the chords from 137-144 seeing as that's where the section borrows some stuff from. But this changes some of the harmonies (ie Cmaj becomes Cmaj7 and Cmin becomes A half-dim7 etc) I personally don't mind them, it sounds kinda jazzy.

Flute @ 126: Done.

L.H. @ 143: I didn't write the chords where they were in the original because: 1) Any lower and chords start sounding crap & 2) It flows quite well where it is.

Now with added dynamics!
  • Hyrule Field - Mus

Korados

I'm not a pro, but I think it's G Major from m. 37 to a far measure, maybe even to the end of the piece, besides that it's wonderful, thank you very much!

The Deku Trombonist

Korados

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on March 13, 2011, 01:12:42 AMPerhaps I should just put the whole thing in G Major?

In the first 36 measures there are many f naturals, so I guess it's better to use G Major from m. 37 and on. :)

DonValentino

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on March 11, 2011, 07:33:48 PMNow with added dynamics!
  • Hyrule Field - Mus
I was wondering... will Ocarina of Time 3D have a better quality music? Anyways, I can´t wait to hear it on my 3DS!! Oh, BTW, great arrangement, as usual!  :)

The Deku Trombonist

Jub3r7

Wow, that sounds nice.

I personally don't see anything wrong with it, although I haven't compared it with the original, so I wouldn't know.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Sekter77

This is a very well composed song!
The arrangement is very good too. The only thing missing is a repeat.

Good to see some new arrangements anyway. This place finally started picking up a bit over the last week or so.
Guitar and video games.

The Deku Trombonist

I didn't really feel like making it repeat, hence the nice arpeggio in the last bar  ;)

Sekter77

Oh, that makes sense. I guess if the player was familar with the song they could go ahead and repeat it on their own anyway.
Guitar and video games.