News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

The Deku Trombonist's Arrangements

Started by The Deku Trombonist, August 28, 2009, 11:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WiiMan96

OOH!!!! OOH!!!! PICK ME TO CORRECT AGAIN!!!!

I did my research, and I'm sorry to say that this is what I found.

The title makes sense, because segue is a term used to describe a way to smoothly transition from one topic to another, or in this case, a level.
Maybe DK Island Swing is the first level?

EDIT: Up to you, Mr. Deku. :D

Sekter77

Well, the soundtrack I downloaded had DK Island Swing as the map theme. YouTube does corroborate your claim though so I guess I'm wrong.
DK Island Swing is the first level according to the OST, but there's another very similar song called Jungle Groove on the OST as well.

Deku:
Don't worry about the names honestly. It is more convenient to just use "Menu" or "Title Screen." But when it comes to levels, the proper names should be used cause they're usually descriptive enough. And if the City theme is really hard, I don't mind it going on the shelf. I'm requesting a lot more than I'm arranging so I don't think it's fair to dump a lot more work on your shoulders.
However, with the Kirby's Air Ride section, Magma Heat is the same song as Magma Flows and it's definitely not as good so it can probably be taken down entirely. Angel Valley is supposed to be the alternate song played on the track called Celestial Valley. This song is actually the Forest music from Kirby's Adventure which has a sheet under Nightmare in Dreamland (a remake of Kirby's Adventure). You can compare Air Ride to Adventure to Nightmare. You can decide if the differences are enough to warrant separate sheets (I personally don't really think so) and then remove or change names as needed.
As far as requests go, I'd rather see more Donkey Kong fixes (3 Country's and 64) cause they have some of the worst examples of formatting/arranging here and because I love the songs and want to see them properly presented.
EDIT: (Shameless self-plug: if you have any suggestions for my new arrangement I'd appreciate that a lot.)
Guitar and video games.

Nakah

Also, feel free to take a break from replacements for a while if you'd like Deku. I would rather here something you were really motivated to do rather than something you felt pressured and forced to do. Music is best when it comes from inspiration.

The Deku Trombonist

Nah, I'll press on. I'll give the Credits from DKC a go next and after that, just tell me what you want done. I actually don't have a 'priority list' or something similar. I always just wing it.

Sekter:
Someone requested that I do a solo piano version of Magma Flows, so that one will get replaced. Angel Valley sounds like it should go, but I'll take a proper look at it later.

The Deku Trombonist

[SNES] Donkey Kong Country
  • Credits - Mus | Midi - (Replacement)

Should I drop the chords into the left hand and attempt to include the 'twinkly' bits in Measures 5-8 or leave it as is?

dahans

Concerning Nebula Belt: It is really a good arrangement, no doubt about that. But I think arrangements for two pianos are useless. It would be much better if you could change them into a "4-hands" arrangement.
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Sekter77

Yeah, I'd try the twinkly bits. And the OST name for this is "Credits Concerto" if you want to change it ("credits" is still in the name)

Another thing is that this song has that echo-y effect on the notes and sometimes it kinda feels like the notes should be repeated more instead of just held down. Measures 12 and 16 are fairly strong examples of this. However, the rhythm can easily be altered by the player and may not need to be inserted into the sheet itself because the notes aren't changing. And the key signature should probably have F#.

After that, Treetop Rock or Cranky's Theme desperately need some fixing up.
Guitar and video games.

The Deku Trombonist

[GCN] Kirby Air Ride

This is the last new thing you'll see out of me for a while (Actually, I've had Station Fire sitting there for about a month so it's not really that new). I want to spend some time working on a little something, or perhaps it's a big something. Who knows? :P  Hopefully, it won't take me more than a month.

I know I didn't get around to fixing up the DKC Credits, I'll try to get it done in the next day or so. In the mean time, I'd appreciate if anyone wants to/can be bothered to look over my old stuff that's still sitting in the opening post and tell me what needs a redo/fixing up.

Sekter77

Again, good job with the Air Ride arrangements! Except aren't you going to put a repeat in Magma Flows? But a new project sounds awesome too!

I don't mind taking a look at some of your old sheets and I'll even go through some that are already on the site. I know I won't be able to do all of them, but I can check the important stuff like Mario, Zelda, Banjo, and games like that. If there are any corrections or suggestions should I just post them here or PM you?
Guitar and video games.

The Deku Trombonist

Ah crap, now I'm forgettin' stuff. Alright, repeat added. Cbf uploading it.

Don't waste too much time looking at my stuff, put anything that you want to arrange as a priority. I suppose you could PM them. Or do whatever, I don't care.

Sekter77

I'll just PM them. I'm going to put together a Word doc with notes and send it off. I'll try to keep it organized and specific so you won't have to waste too much time on fixes.

And what do you mean "put anything that you want to arrange as a priority"? If you just want me to focus on arranging instead of corrections don't worry. I can't arrange any until the weekend and I should have quite a bit of time today and tomorrow. And besides, corrections don't take very long because I don't have to know what a note is, I just have to know it's incorrect.
Guitar and video games.

Korados

Wonderful Air Ride arrangements! May I be so bold and request "The Lighthouse Light Burns"? That's my favourite song from the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtTRlWhHWoo

Thank You very much! ;D

DonValentino

Just wanted to say how awesome are your arrangements! I love the "Petalburg" and the "Luigi´s Story" from PP:TTYD.
You´re the best!  :) :)

The Deku Trombonist

Thanks man  :)

Korados: Whoops, just realised I forgot to say something about your request. I'll give it a go after I finish my little project. I'm not arranging anything new (aside from maybe the odd replacement) until I finish it.

Korados

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on February 06, 2011, 03:41:41 AMKorados: Whoops, just realised I forgot to say something about your request. I'll give it a go after I finish my little project. I'm not arranging anything new (aside from maybe the odd replacement) until I finish it.

No problem, take your time. Might be off-topic, but: Recently NSM seems to be frozen, no new arrangements and such, it starts to become a bit boring over here, doesn't it?