The Deku Trombonist's Arrangements

Started by The Deku Trombonist, August 28, 2009, 11:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Deku Trombonist

[GCN] Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
    • Glitz Pit - Mus | Midi - (Replacement)

I'll hopefully have some better stuff done tomorrow; I didn't quite get everything finished that I wanted to.

Sekter77

YESSSS! ;D

Paper Mario TTYD music!
    Definitely one of my favorite soundtracks. Thanks Deku!
    Guitar and video games.

The Deku Trombonist

[Wii] New Super Mario Bros. Wii

[GCN] Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
    • Petalburg - Mus | Midi - (Replacement)

[Wii] Super Mario Galaxy

Some more substantial stuff today.

Sekter77

Excellent! Good to hear Petalburg get its revision and also see Dusty Dune finally get put to bed as well.
    Guitar and video games.

Korados

Concerning Petalburg: It's E flat major, please change that, then it's fine!

Concerning Dusty Dune Galaxy: WHOA. NELLY. Do anyone know how to apply a non-linear key signature? As this piece is in the style of a raga, and indian music tend to be... unusual, we need a key sig. that isn't in the circle of fifths. From m. 1-36 we need just a g# key and from m. 37-52, we need a c# and a# key. In m. 53-60 it's c major.

To the critics: Please don't say "let's just keep it in c major, that non-linear key sig. thing isn't necessary/is to hard". I'd really like to see it with the non-linear key sigs imo.

SlowPokemon

I will definitely check this out as soon as I get home from school (where I am now).

Your arrangements are fantastic, DekuTrombonist, and I have a very high opinion of you... I hope these arrangements don't mess that up! ;D
    Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
    Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Sekter77

I do have a couple of suggestions for Petalburg. In the last two measures, there is another bass part if you want to add more notes so it's not just the left hand playing. Also, in measure 16, could you make that last Ab an octave higher? And as a final suggestion, maybe you should double all the note counts as well as the tempo. For some reason I always counted those sixteenth notes (semiquavers?) as eighth notes (quavers? I want to make sure I have the terminology down). Of course, these are just my opinions so if you're happy with the arrangement then by all means keep it! I won't complain.
    Guitar and video games.

The Deku Trombonist

Ooooh responses. Goody, goody.

Korados: I can do non-linear key signatures so by no means am I going to say tht they are difficult. But after playing some pretty cool/out there recently pieces, I've come to realise that key signatures don't really mean that much. It's only really useful if you've got some sort of siginificant transposition from C Major/A Minor. And seeing as this is kinda atonal according to the Western system of tuning/keys which we use here, I'm kinda reluctant to put one in. But if you really want me to put one in, I could, but perhaps not for the version that ends up on the site.

Shit, I forgot to put the key signature in Petalburg? Oh well. It's usually the last thing I do and sometimes it gets missed :P

Sekter77:Don't worry about using the correct terminiology, I can make sense of either one you decide to use. Having said that, you did get it right :D.
    Measure 16 Ab - Done.
    Re-doing note values - Done.
    Last two measures - *scurries to find mp3* - Done

Links will be updated in a couple of minutes.

Sekter77

Thanks so much!
    It's really cool that you take all this feedback!
    I just want to say that the Ab that I was talking about in the currently-measure 32 was in the right hand melody, not the left hand accompaniment. Sorry that I didn't specify that!
    Guitar and video games.

Korados

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on September 30, 2010, 02:52:18 PMAnd seeing as this is kinda atonal according to the Western system of tuning/keys which we use here, I'm kinda reluctant to put one in. But if you really want me to put one in, I could, but perhaps not for the version that ends up on the site.

Ok, understood, so normally you use non-linear key sigs when the piece should be some sort of atonal. The piece is faaar away from atonal, it only got an indian feeling, I only thought that as a cosmetic change to the score, as the piece has so much sharps.

The Deku Trombonist

Whoops, sorry Sekter77, I'll fix that up now.

Korados: I didn't really mean atonal, I'm well aware that atonal music is entirely different (I actually quite like it), but I couldn't really find the right word to describe it either. And I personally don't see any issues with having accidentals.

The Deku Trombonist

[NES] The Legend of Zelda

[SNES] The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past

New stuph.

Sekter77

Awesome. The fanfares can be just as much fun to play as full songs! Flute and Uncover Secret are some of the most recognized tunes and definitely deserve a sheet too. Thanks for taking care of these overlooked themes!

And I think it's cool that the Hyrule Castle theme from Twilight Princess is a recall of this theme from Link to the Past. Music history really is fun!

And when did you become a staff member? Congrats on your promotion!
    Guitar and video games.

KefkaticFanatic

Don't you be spamming updates without thoroughly checking sheets AND having another staff look over the sheets as well.  We don't want to reacquire that shitton of shitty arrangements label.

me irl
    [close]