The Deku Trombonist's Arrangements

Started by The Deku Trombonist, August 28, 2009, 11:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: Sekter77 on September 22, 2010, 07:53:12 AMAlso, shouldn't measure 18 have an E flat on beat 3 in the left hand?

I dunno. I guess it makes sense but for some reason I can't really hear it. I'll put it in anyway. And I'll get to the copypasta section in a bit.

Edit: And, it's all done now.

Sekter77

Thanks man!  ;D

I really appreciate that and I can't wait for your next arrangement!
Guitar and video games.

KefkaticFanatic

Why did you upload another arrangement of Cauldron Keep?  Nothing is different besides the staccato spam.  If anything you should only show the staccato for a measure or two since it just repeats.  Though it didn't need staccato since it's obvious if you know the song.

me irl
[close]

Korados

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on September 22, 2010, 04:58:16 PMThough it didn't need staccato since it's obvious if you know the song.

But for those don't know the song? If you make arrangements, you should be sure that anyone can play it accurately and close to the original, even those who don't know the song.

Shadoninja

Agreed, I would probably have the first measure with quarter note staccatos and then put a simile.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Brassman388

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on September 22, 2010, 03:11:58 AMAlrighty, no-one said anything so I shall it assume it was fine then. On with the show ;)

[SNES] Super Metroid
  • Theme of Super Metroid - Mus | Midi - (Replacement)

I'm a bit uncertain as to where to put the repeat in this one. If you listen to the YouTube vid all the way through, you'll hear that the second time through, the percussion part after the "choir aahs" is a bit different. Is it worth putting this in or should I leave the sheet as is?

Do you mind if I tweak it a bit? That's if you're still not sure.

The Deku Trombonist

Yeah alright, I'll put a "simile" in. I'll leave the staccatos as hidden one's though so it still plays back correctly. It just won't show up when you print it.

Quote from: Brassman388 on September 22, 2010, 10:56:15 PMDo you mind if I tweak it a bit? That's if you're still not sure.
Sure, go ahead. Although I did make a couple of changes since I posted that (I updated the links).

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: Korados on September 22, 2010, 09:43:54 PMBut for those don't know the song? If you make arrangements, you should be sure that anyone can play it accurately and close to the original, even those who don't know the song.

That's silly.  You play arrangements because you want to play the song you know.

me irl
[close]

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Meta-Ridley

Because Kefka thinks it's "silly" to learn to play a song that you haven't heard before from other video games.

SlowPokemon

No, because Kefka likes to tick people off so they'll take the bait and start yelling at him, and it makes him feel better or something. ::)

We're so above that, though.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Korados

Errr... What is going up with you?! This thread is for discussing Deku's arrangements, please argue anywhere else!