News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

The Deku Trombonist's Arrangements

Started by The Deku Trombonist, August 28, 2009, 11:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Deku Trombonist

universe-X: Sure, you can PM me but do whichever is more convenient for you

olimar12345: That was only the second arrangement I did by ear so that's probably why it's odd and I'll get to fixing the title right away. I'm looking forward to see what you come up with  :D

Seeker

Just noticed that you did Banjo Kazooie Overture. Nice. At first I thought some of the triplet quarter-eights would be better as double-dotted quarter sixteenth, but then I realized that that was just because I was hearing it on Finale and not in real life.
This is a signature.

Cobraroll

You removed Rainbow Road 2 hands? Well, I can see why, but I'm still glad I printed it before you did. The two-hand version was a page shorter, so I don't need to rearrange pages all the time (can only fit 3 at the time on my piano without extensive use of Gaffa tape)

Title Screen (MK64) - I see you've shrunk the arrangement so it doesn't take as much space. Still, the last page is only a single line, so I think you should expand it a little to improve readability.

For some reason, I can't open Choco Mountain. The download never starts, then it times out.

Break the Targets is a brilliant arrangement. I don't know how it compares to the SSBM version in terms of diffculty, but it's probably not that far behind (check it out). They're even in awesomeness, though.

You're doing great with your other arrangements as well. But could you somehow point out to readers your last arrangements? Like posting
"NEW!!" after the new arrangements or something?
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

The Deku Trombonist

Seeker: I'm glad that you like the Banjo Overture   :D - took me almost a whole Sunday to transcribe but I had heaps of fun arranging it.

Cobraroll: I can put up the two hand version of that (and Koopa Troopa Beach) again if you want me to  :)

I fixed the other stuff that needed fixing. I think Mediafire just got hated at Choco Mountain because I had the same problem :P .

Mario Kart 64 Title Screen was kind of an experiment with the resize tool. I'd never even seen it before yesterday lol.

And thankyou sooooo much. The new tag's a great idea. I can't believe I didn't think of that earlier. I'll start adding those now.

Cobraroll

The Victory themes are cool. Do you plan on doing more of them?

I haven't really played Animal Crossing, so I can't comment on those songs.
What's next from you, by the way?

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

The Deku Trombonist

I'm pretty much out of ideas of what to arrange so I've just been filling requests and doing new versions of some of the more inaccurate sheets on the site (starting with the Animal Crossing section).

This week I've been working on Native Faith from Touhou Mountain of Faith. It's taking a long time though thanks to all the insane semiquaver runs but I'll hopefully have it done by the end of the weekend. To take a break though, I'll do the Slateport City arrangement for you.

I wasn't planning on doing more victory themes from SSBB but I could do some more. I'll take a look through the soundtrack tonight and see what's good.

Cobraroll

Woo! Thanks a lot!

Remember the "fulfilling the requests"-topic as well. Post there and claim the poins you deserve, in case WiiMan hasn't updated it yet. Or look there for ideas of more to arrange.

Well done.

WiiMan96

Sorry about being off-topic, but I apologise for not updating it since... September?! *curse words* I'll try to update it this weekend somewhat, but no doubt I'll screw up the points system real bad.  ::)

dahans

So many arrangments! That's awesome. I love your Paper Mario/Mario Kart and Mario Party arrangments, those were great!
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Cobraroll

I really like Outset Island. Really good. Looking forward to seeing more!

The Deku Trombonist

Thanks  :D I'm mainly focusing on revisions now so I put up a link to my revisions post in the Fixing the Sheets Project.

Olimar12345

Hey i wuz wonderin if u could separate the parts of ur outset island duet-a friend and i really want to play it-its a nice arrangement! ;D

oh, and also i finnished the awakening wood from pikmin 2-both olimar's and louie's-ill try to put em up somewhere soon ;)
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

The Deku Trombonist

Here are the separate parts:
Piano 1
Piano 2

Yay! You finished Awakening Wood arrangement. I'm looking forward to seeing it :D

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!