News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

The Deku Trombonist's Arrangements

Started by The Deku Trombonist, August 28, 2009, 11:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadoninja

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on May 01, 2016, 01:37:56 AMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-stx24zAhuQ

I have a YouTube now yay!
Quote from: DonValentino on May 01, 2016, 03:19:48 AMOoooohh fancy new sheet formatting. And awesome video, I love how you kept the sound effects xD
You might want to move your YT page picture a little bit to the right though, right now the avatar covers the "T" and it reads "He Deku Trombonist" xD

Spoiler
[close]

Looking forward to moar. Subscribed, my good sir~~
Quote from: Deku Trombonist on May 01, 2016, 05:25:22 PMThanks, glad you liked it!
Whoops I didn't realise, it looks okay on my screen. Thanks for the heads up, I'll tend to that.
It looks fine for me too. Seems like an issue with window size and/or screen resolution. https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2972003?hl=en&ref_topic=3290374
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

The Deku Trombonist

SHADOOOO!!!!

Ah, I see it changes when I resize the window. Maybe I'll try something other than just shifting the text over to the right. I think that might make it look a bit lopsided.

Sebastian

braix

Oh by the way when you're making channel art, make sure you have all your important information and stuff centered to be visible on a mobile device. The way it is right now, everything will be cut off when you're on a phone-you can only see the whole title when you're on a computer.
If you want YouTube helps lmk, I'm not a pro but I know people and I've been in this stuff for a while. I'll sub when I'm home and have some time
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

The Deku Trombonist

I had a fiddle with it, so hopefully it's an improvement.

braix

Might want to make the text a little brighter, the desaturated yellow blends in with the green bg
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

The Deku Trombonist

Okey dokey, how about now? (Thanks for the help too btw)

Also, new video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad2B8ilJX6I

mikey

please tell me the description for that video is "the heck is this thing?"
unmotivated

The Deku Trombonist

Shadoninja

[Redacted]
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

The Deku Trombonist

Here's a favourite of mine, it's a beautiful tune.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqpkCEEnYmQ

Also, I'm on the look out for something new to get me inspired. Has anyone got any suggestions or things that get you inspired? It's not really for requests as such, I'm not guaranteeing that I'll do anything.

Maelstrom

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on June 06, 2016, 08:16:44 PMAlso, I'm on the look out for something new to get me inspired. Has anyone got any suggestions or things that get you inspired? It's not really for requests as such, I'm not guaranteeing that I'll do anything.
So, do you mean songs that inspire us to arrange and stuff?

The Deku Trombonist

Yep. Or things that you love listening to. Individual tracks or games or composers or anything.

Maelstrom

This will be really aeclectic, but I'll put a spoiler around it for size.
This is just a few songs that make me just want to go arrange them, even if I don't have the time.
Oh, and song titles only. Feeling too lazy for youtube links
Spoiler
Gothic Neclord - Suikoden II
Downstream - Braid
Scars of Time - Chrono Cross
While I Think... - Xenoblade Chronicles (But I'm doing that one so don't steal it)
Hometown - Xenoblade Chronicles
Heck, most of Xenoblade Chronicles just inspires me.
Silence of the Forest - Bravely Default
Sinking Land - See above
Baby Bird - Same
Yep, most of that OST as well.
Just about anything from Chrono Trigger
Light of Nibel - Ori and the Blind Forest
Id~Purpose - Fire Emblem Awakening (Working on this one, but, if you want it, go ahead)
Yoko Shimomura's Battle/Final boss themes.
Not a vg song, but Colors (OP1 from Code Geass)
[close]
That's what I came up with off the top of my head.

PetrifiedLasagna

The music from castle crashers is especially inspiring. Just the way that it perfectly coincides with the mood of the game is great. I'll just throw in the title theme for convenience.

I also really love Glorious Morning from Castlestorm *cough*I found it in Age of War*cough* and I can not say how many times I have listened to it. I just love it. :)

Castle Crashers - Main Theme(Menu)