News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

The Deku Trombonist's Arrangements

Started by The Deku Trombonist, August 28, 2009, 11:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Deku Trombonist

Yeah, just for a laugh. Because in the game the second section plays on (or after??) the 64th time :P

And here's something I just knocked up since my last post.

[GCN] Super Smash Bros. Melee
  • Yoshi's Victory - Zip

Edit:
Aaaand here's one I just found lying around.

[GCN] The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
  • Aryll's Theme - Zip - (Replacement)

Brassman388

I was wondering when someone would do a replacement of Aryll's theme.

The Deku Trombonist

DonValentino

Certainly! By the way, any more Wind Waker replacements, Deku? We really need some more of those. :P

The Deku Trombonist

Mmmm not really, but I have this  :D

Super Smash Bros. Melee - Final Destination (Duet)

Meta-Ridley requested duets of SSBM ages ago and I started this one, got about half way through and haven't touched it in about a year :P
So I just wrote down the rest of the notes tonight. This is kind of a first draft, some of those harmonies are pretty insane to transcribe and the actual arranging isn't too flash. I'm just looking for feedback and ideas ;)

Jompa

Good!!!!

I only want to pick on something about the melody:
Ever since I first heard this song I have always interpreted the melody to be like this?
I don't know what you think about that..
Birdo for Smash

Banjoman

Gruntilda's lair was perfect,as was witchyworld and Banjo house blues keep up the AWESOME WORK!!!!!!!!

The Deku Trombonist

Nope, I slowed it down and that's not it. Having said that, it wasn't what I had either so it's fixed now.
The note you're putting on beat one is from the background chord hits, not the melody instrument.

Haha thanks Banjoman  :D

JDMEK5

Is it just me or do you think there maybe should be a key change at measure 17?
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

DonValentino

Quote from: JDMEK5 on March 27, 2013, 01:27:03 PMIs it just me or do you think there maybe should be a key change at measure 17?

It's not only you... I'm pretty sure it's B flat minor.

Jompa

This is a song that modulates very frequently - but I don't think it is such a big deal with this song.
It is a pain to read with key changes everywhere, so I wouldn't change the key.
That's just me though.
Birdo for Smash

DonValentino

Yeah, but that's a noticeable change. I would change it, but well, that's just me.

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

The Deku Trombonist

Yeah it moves up through the interval cycle of minor thirds (G min, Bb, Db(written C#) and then I forget what it does).

No I'm not putting a key change. You don't need it to indicate key, only to remove accidentals. And then I'd have to work out exactly where else it changes key because it doesn't stay in Bb for that long. The piece is still in G anyway, it just moves.

Dudeman

A very good arrangement! The only thing I have a disagreement with the first measure. I don't hear the A, in the left hand of the primo part, in the original piece. If it is there, it's very quiet and subtle, so maybe the note should be likewise? That's the only thing that I'm not liking in the piece though; great job overall!
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book