News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

The Deku Trombonist's Arrangements

Started by The Deku Trombonist, August 28, 2009, 11:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wariopiano

Rainbow road was deleted off of mediafire. could u put it back on please?

The Deku Trombonist

Wot? Deku arranged something?!?!

So I've had this replacement sitting around for a while, and I'm looking for some constructive criticism, mainly on the left hand. The first page LH is a bit of an experimentation to make it a bit more interesting.

[WII] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
  • Hyrule Field - Mus

TheZeldaPianist275

I'm always so impressed with you arrangements Deku.   :)

First off, welcome back!

I actually didn't feel like the LH was experiment at all.  The rhythm's the same.
EDIT: Just noticed something:  On measure 22, I feel like that F should be an E sharp.  Something similar with measure 24.

Sekter77

Yeah, it sounds fine to me! I can't hear any problems really. Also, that's a really long arrangement!  :P Kudos.
Guitar and video games.

Meta-Ridley

Hey Deku - I'm really glad you threw in all the field battle themes as well in this one.
My problem is not with the left hand, but rather the right hand. In bars 6, 8 and 12, as well as all similar bars throughout the piece, you have a long note, followed by quaver triplets. This clashes with the left hand (a bit) and it feels out of place. I think rather that you should say, for bar 6, have a dotted crotchet followed by two semiquavers.

Everything else was pretty damn good. I can't help but feel that there's not a lot happening at bars 67-83 but I know it's an accurate transcription of what's happening. What about a little experimenting?  ;)

Brassman388

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on November 20, 2012, 03:27:46 PMEDIT: Just noticed something:  On measure 22, I feel like that F should be an E sharp.  Something similar with measure 24.

I did actually think about these as I was writing them down! :P The chord progression from bar 22-23 is viio7- I in A major. Therefore the chord in bar 22 is G#-B-D-F. Same thing with bar 24, except the progression is a tone higher, in B minor.

Quote from: Meta-Ridley on November 30, 2012, 03:07:40 PMMy problem is not with the left hand, but rather the right hand. In bars 6, 8 and 12, as well as all similar bars throughout the piece, you have a long note, followed by quaver triplets. This clashes with the left hand (a bit) and it feels out of place. I think rather that you should say, for bar 6, have a dotted crotchet followed by two semiquavers.
Hmmmm... I went back to the original just to check, and the rhythm is definitely triplet-y and alot more relaxed than a semiquaver rhythm would be. I see what you mean though.... Anyone got any thoughts? Brassman?

Quote from: Meta-Ridley on November 30, 2012, 03:07:40 PMEverything else was pretty damn good. I can't help but feel that there's not a lot happening at bars 67-83 but I know it's an accurate transcription of what's happening. What about a little experimenting?  ;)
Haha, I need spare time to experiment.... :P

Quote from: Brassman388 on November 30, 2012, 04:15:42 PMStill arranging, Deku?

Haha, how've you been?
Too busy man, too busy :P Good to see you're back! Where'd you go, we missed you!

Nah, I haven't really arranged anything in ages, this was just something I had lying around.

New version. Same link, but I thought I'd put it here. I just carried the new LH through the whole thing.

[WII] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
  • Hyrule Field - Mus

Sebastian

I dont mean to intrude, but i think your the best arranger on the site!
This one is way to hard for me to do.
Could you do it if you have time? I dont care if you say no.

TheZeldaPianist275

Meta-Ridley

Well it's either Deku or Bespinben. Both are great at what they do.

Yugi

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

DonValentino

Deku, could you please re-upload the Secret of Mana arrangements? Please, please, please?

The Deku Trombonist

Yet, someone else who likes Secret of Mana. Sure, but probably not till Thursday.

DonValentino

Oh, ok, don't worry.

Well, I'm currently at what I think is the half of the game. But yeah, the story is pretty nice and the battle style is sweet! Much better than Final Fantasy imo.

Thanks! :)