The Deku Trombonist's Arrangements

Started by The Deku Trombonist, August 28, 2009, 11:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Deku Trombonist

[PS3] Final Fantasy XIII
  • Vanille's Theme - Mus

I wouldn't mind some feedback on the chords in the second to last bar, I kind of 'guessed' them.

Winter

I did notice that when it repeats back to measure 3, the red notes on the sheet have an E playing between D, and C twice in each measure. I was using this track, by the way.

I don't think it's that important, but it's all i could catch.

And as far as I can tell, the last few chords aren't much off. (If at all)

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: winterkid09 on July 12, 2011, 12:07:26 AMI did notice that when it repeats back to measure 3, the red notes on the sheet have an E playing between D, and C twice in each measure.

What? I don't get it?

Winter

The bass line written in quarter notes. In the audio track, when it repeats, the second time through, there's missing notes. On the off beats of beats one and three, there is a missing note. The bass like goes (D_C_D_C_)when it should go (DEC_DEC_)

The parenthesis represent a whole measure.

Only the second time through though.

It's hard to explain sorry.

Sekter77

Hey, a new Deku arrangement!
That one measure with the chords you're not sure on: I believe that the first two chords are correct. I'm not entirely convinced of the last one there, but I'm not too good with chords yet so I can't help much. I guess if I had to offer my opinion, I'd say my skepticism is with the lower notes in the chord. If you still can't figure it out though, it sounds good enough to pass submissions.

Also, winterkid, I do hear what you're talking about. There is an E between the C and D and it shows up both times that that section is played (i.e. before and after the repeat). I'm not sure how to include it in the sheet though since the first voice already has an E in it, so putting it in the red voice would be a bit redundant since the note would be getting played regardless. Maybe taking it out of the chord on that beat and putting it in the red voice would work since it kinda sounds like that's how it's being played in the original.

Anyway, the rest of it sounds great! Keep up the good work.
Guitar and video games.

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: Sekter77 on July 12, 2011, 08:27:19 PMHey, a new Deku arrangement!
That one measure with the chords you're not sure on: I believe that the first two chords are correct. I'm not entirely convinced of the last one there...

Lolz, it was the last one that I was most sure of. Anyway, I went back and looked over them and I reckon I'm pretty happy with it.

As for the other thing, it sounds like it's just a way of hearing it. Seeing as the E is already part of the repeated quavers, I'm inclined to leave it as it is.

Brassman388

You were just missing a few notes in that last section.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2ot4tcyyavyl0qg

The Deku Trombonist

Hmmm... I dunno about that first chord. I think perhaps the A could be moved down to a G, and maybe the bottom E can go? The other 2 sound spot on (except B# and C are the same note :P). Thanks

Brassman388

Yeah, I wasn't so sure about that first one either. I'd usually think you couldn't hear the A because the other tones were drowning it out, or something like that. As for the writing, I try to keep the note spacing even. You know, theory stuff.

I'm glad that helped.

The Deku Trombonist

[WII] Mario Kart Wii
  • Credits Part 2 - Mus - Replacement

Woah, Deku's actually been doing things!

DonValentino

Dudeman

...I got chills listening to that...

Measure 73: I'd go an octave higher in the right hand for that last phrase.

Also, I'm not so sure about the chords in the main theme (Measures 3-6, etc.). I'd double check those if I were you.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Nana1Popo2

I would also add articulation to the beginning/main theme (like.. the first page, for example?)

mainly staccatos.
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

Sekter77

Awesome! 2 in a row.

I actually never liked the Mario Kart Wii music as much as the other games. It has the same feel as the other games, but the melodies are just not as memorable to me.

Anyway, on to the song.
*In Measure 23, check the first two chords (C, D, and G) I think the first one is different than the second. It sounds like one of the middle notes is a bit higher, maybe another C major chord? SOmething like that anyway.
*Also, the E chords in Measures 68 and 70 sound like they have different inversions instead of being repeated the same way.
*And lastly, is there any way to make the very last note a chord and a glissando at the same time? Just having the single note there makes it kinda lack the impact of a full chord, but I don't know how Finale would react if it had a chord and the glissando line there.

Glad to see you're back on arranging again.
Guitar and video games.

The Deku Trombonist

Chords at the beginning: I changed one, the chord right at the end of bar 3 & 5 and wherever else that reappears. The rest seem fine
Bar 73: I left it where it is for the sake of continuity and minimising leaps etc
Articulations: Added
Bar 23: Nope, they're fine
Bar 68/70: Hmmmm... the thing is, the piano is split over two bits, the melody, and the chords behind the melody. So, the piano chord 'voice' is frequently in a different range than the melody but I've pretty much gone with the melody throughout. So, for that bit, I left it the way it was because the top Es stay there.
Chord+glissando: Done.

I'll update the link in my previous post in a sec

And I changed the left hand somewhere near the end