The Deku Trombonist's Arrangements

Started by The Deku Trombonist, August 28, 2009, 11:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

universe-X

^^hehe, no probs! :D Glad to see you're still alive, and I'm looking forward to Beach Bowl! Should be awesome! :D

Also, I'm doing some work on Mario Paint, and it looks like I'm using your version of Final Destination from Brawl as my next song! Hope you don't mind and expect the final versionin the next week or so. ;)

Meta-Ridley

Ok then i'll give you a song to work on - Space Pirate Battle Theme.
Just type that in youtube and listen to it. Would you mind doing it if your not busy?

universe-X

Quote from: metroid/bkfan on January 24, 2010, 07:58:38 PMOk then i'll give you a song to work on - Space Pirate Battle Theme.
Just type that in youtube and listen to it. Would you mind doing it if your not busy?

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdebQ-y15Dg

Cobraroll

That's better. Wonderful, actually.

*prints, sits down by the piano and plays happily*

The song was good to begin with, can't deny that, but with that little issue cleared, it sounds better (I've had the lyrics stuck in my head for months now, and when I hear it and the melody doesn't match, it drives me nuts).

Great work!
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

universe-X

Finished Final Destination:

http://www.mediafire.com/?de2ywewwhnd

What do you think? It's not as epic, but at least I tried. :P

The Deku Trombonist

I got there eventually... (sorry universe)

[WII] Super Mario Galaxy

metroid/bkfan: To me, the Space Pirate Battle Theme doesn't sound as though it would translate into piano that well. However, if you really want me to do it, I could give it a shot and see where it ends up.

universe-X: It might not be as epic, but it's got your own style in it, and that's good too! I think it would be cool if you stuck with the 8-bit theme a bit longer than just the intro (maybe for the first chorus?), or made an entire 8-bit remix.

universe-X

The 8-bit sounds were just a replacement for that little string section, and I added it as a deeper vocal with higher vocals in the chorus (right after the 8-bit part). I suppose I could do an 8-bit remix, but you wouldn't believe how much of a headache the 8-bit sounds were giving me while I was adding them in. So, maybe another day. Plus, in this soundfont, the 8-bit sounds stretch across 2 octaves from middle C. That's it. I'm glad you liked it, though!

As for Beach Bowl, I can't believe how fast you got it done, plus the accuracy! This as amazing, you really caught the mood of the song (this is coming from a guy who's only heard 3 other arrangements of yours). You really did the song justice here. Love it. I might just do a Mario Paint of this too. Just maybe... ;) I'm gonna finish the SSBB Main Theme first, though. What do you think?

dahans

Beach Bowl is amazing! Honestly, I love it! I couldn't have done it better. How long did it take you to do that? It would have taken me ages! Well done!
Universe-X: You have never done a Mario paint of my arrangments :(.
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

universe-X

Well, if you want me to do one, I could! But don't you remember Trials/Adventures of Glock? ;) I'll send it to you again if you want. Or you could just give me a song to do. I'm not very familiar with Pokemon arrangements, however, so if you're gonna give me a song from there, it would be a good place for me to start Pokemon arrangements! :D

The Deku Trombonist

Beach Bowl took me about 3-4 hours in total (some of the bass lines were a bit difficult) but I took a 2 month break after I got around halfway :P.

dahans

Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Nana1Popo2

I must say, Beach Bowl sounds really great!! well done!

except, one thing i think would be better: in measures 24 and 32, on the right hand, instead of having those two eigth notes, change them into a dotted eigth and a sixteenth. (so the sixteenth is still tied to the quarter).
it's just my opinion, but thats the only thing i noticed that could be fixed.. because, otherwise great job! :)
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

Cobraroll

I like DK's Snowboard Cross (PAL ftw!), but measure 20 plus the last few measures (from 38 on) probably need 8va to be easier to read. Other than that, fantastic.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Nintendude73

Man, your work makes me want to do an update...

Too bad the only reason I'm here right now is because I'm procrastinating homework. XD