Submissions for Aug. 11 Update [Update(s) up, new submissions thread incoming]

Started by Nintendude73, August 03, 2009, 04:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nintendude73

READ ALL OF THIS OR I WILL FEED YOUR SUBMISSIONS TO A SALAMANDER WITH AN EVIL TWIN.

THIS WEEK, DON'T POST REVISIONS OF EXISTING SHEETS IN THIS THREAD.  THERE IS A SEPARATE THREAD FOR THIS AT LEAST FOR THIS WEEK.

THE GUIDELINES TO FORMATTING ARE HERE, THEY ARE INCREDIBLY EASY TO UNDERSTAND: FOLLOW THEM.  IT WILL MAKE MY JOB SO MUCH EASIER AND I'LL LOVE YOU MORE.

For the next update. ;D  You may post a single post with 2 songs you think are ready for submission.  I will go through this topic over the course of the week and check the submitted songs.  Hopefully around Sunday-ish, I'll have a selection of songs that are ready for upload and I'll update.

SPECIAL NOTES:  If one or more of your songs did not get accepted in the last thread, you may repost those and ONE more song for submission. Unless I tell you otherwise.  Also, I'm willing to accommodate special interests, but don't just assume you have special permission if I haven't given it to you explicitly.

(All Submission topics are still in this thread, just no longer stickied.)

I now have Finale 2009, so I will be able to fix small formatting issues with songs if that's the only problem.  But PLEASE make this easier on me and just format it correctly yourself the first time.  The easier on me you all are, the longer I'll be able to keep up updates without hating myself and getting frustrated.I WILL ALSO CHECK FOR COPYRIGHT AND NEW NSM URL SO PLEASE EDIT THIS, TOO.  I don't care if the guidelines say it's optional.  I want it.  It looks nicer.

Any extra posts will be deleted.  I will edit your post with rejection reasons, or to tell you it's accepted.  I may accept both or just one or none of your submissions.

So, in a lovely step-by-step process:
1.  Perfect up to 2 songs for submission
2.  Make sure they are formatted PERFECTLY
3.  Post links to the submissions here, mus and midi
4.  Did I mention I want them perfectly formatted?  Repeat steps 2 and 3 if you didn't listen to me
5.  I will review submissions and either accept or reject, editing your post as necessary
6.  Around Sunday, I'll close the thread to submissions
7.  When I start the update, I'll close the thread to revisions
8.  All of the songs I have accepted will be uploaded and we'll start this circus again

Got it?  If yes, make your post and submit your songs!  If not, PM me with questions.  Don't muck up my nice thread.

Questions I've Received (or made up):
-Do I need to break up a medley? No, it counts as one submission
-Do I have to include copyright and the site URL?  Yes.  The copyright is just <Publisher> © <Year Published> without the <> obviously.  The URL is http://ninsheetm.us/
-How do I make a MIDI? Open the MUS in Finale, click File>Save As... and choose MIDI from the dropdown list.
-When can we submit? Now!  Just do it.
-How can I respond to your comments in my post? Edit your post or PM me.
-What if I disagree with your rejection comments? Edit your post to appeal.  If it starts getting too long-winded we'll take it to PM.
-Can I still submit after you've swept-through the posts? Yes.  You can submit up until I post that the thread is closed for submissions.

Tangy

[N64] Paper Mario - "Koopa Village"   MUS  ~  MIDI

Nintendude73: Accepted, yay Paper Mario!

Olimar12345

SUPER MARIOKART UPDATE!!!! MORE TO COME!!! ;D

[SNES] Super Mariokart-Princess peach's victory- MUS Midi
[SNES] Super Mariokart-Koopa Troopa's victory- MUS Midi

Nintendude73: Accepted.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mantis985

-[PS2] Dark Cloud 2 "Underground Water Channel" Arr. by mantis985
           mus-http://www.mediafire.com/?wcd4limljuu
           midi-http://www.mediafire.com/?wtlcm05ddmz

-[PS2] Dark Cloud 2 "Palm Brinks" Arr. by mantis985
           mus-http://www.mediafire.com/?zgi2ezwykgi
           midi-http://www.mediafire.com/?f12izjnjkf3

Nintendude73: Accepted.  You must really like this game, haha.

WiiMan96

Submissions:

[SNES] Lufia and the Fortress of Doom - "Shop" - WiiMan96
MUS | MID

[PC] The Sims 2 - "Building Theme One" - WiiMan96
MUS | MID

Nintendude73: Really nice job this week, as always.  I completely geeked out when I saw a song from The Sims, haha.  Instantly recognized the tune.  Nice job arranging it.  I've never heard the first song, but I like it.  Accepted. :)

Nana1Popo2

[GBA] Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire - "Wild Pokemon Caught or Fainted" - Nana1Popo2
MUS MID

Nintendude73: I'm always skeptical of wide reaches, but I see no alternative and this is otherwise perfect, so it's accepted.
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

Composer #40

Submissions:

[Wii] Super Smash Bros. Brawl - "Bramble Blast" - Commander6 (midi)
[Wii] Super Smash Bros. Brawl - "Dialga / Palkia Battle at Spear Pillar!" - Commander6 (midi) <- The key in this song shifts a lot and I couldn't track it.

Nintendude73: I think it should pretty much be a rule that Pokemon arrangements don't require a key signature. :P Most of them are all over the place.  Both of these are great.  Listening to your arrangement of Bramble Blast forced me to listen to the soundtrack because I love that song so much.

It happens Every. Day!

Dalonzo

[PC] - Maple Story - "Orbis" - Dalonzo
MUS
MID

Nintendude73: Wow!  Great arrangement!  I hope we'll be seeing more Maple Story stuff from you.  I've always liked that game's music for some reason.  Can't stand the game any more though...  But I digress.  Really nice job on this.

GreekGeek

[NGC] - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - S.T.A.R. Game Room - GreekGeek MUS MIDI
[NGC] - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - S.T.A.R. Game - GreekGeek MUS MIDI

Nintendude73: Nice job on these.  I love the STAR Game theme so much.  It always makes me happy.  I added quotes to the song titles (like I even care any more, everyone is so good about formatting now that I don't mind fixing something like that) and adjusted some slurs and second layer rests in STAR Game to make it look a little cleaner.  Hope you don't mind.  Both accepted. :)

Brassman388

[SNES] Super Metroid-"Sandy Maridia"-Brassman388

[SNES] Super Metroid-"Rocky Maridia"-Brassman388

Nintendude73: Sandy is fine, but if I'm not mistaken, in measures 22 and 26 of Rocky, wouldn't the notes on the first beat of each staff overlap?

Brass: Yeah, you're right. I sent you another.

Nintendude73: Got it, thanks. :)

Kimmel

[GC] Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles ~ Departure ~ Kim Duy Vo   Difficulty: Moderate   MUS | MIDI | PDF

I hope I didn't forget anything^^

Nintendude73: WOW!  Great arrangement of this song.  I recognized it right away!  The only thing you forgot was the quotes around the song title, but that's no big deal.  I fixed it.  Accepted. :)
Sorry for my English ^.^

Tranzlater

[SNES]-Earthbound-"Summers"-Tranzlater
MUS
MIDI

[GBA]-Mother 3 (Japan)-"Magypsy Party"-Tranzlater
MUS
MIDI

Nintendude73: Both are accepted.  They each had a couple of formatting errors, but I fixed them because I'm a pushover. :P
Quote from: Arison The Bat
oviosly so far i've only got "little unmature kids" to respond to this thread
After months of mediation and exams, I return.
Probably not for long.

Nintendude73

This week is now closed to new submissions.  I know I haven't even swept them yet, but as college gets closer, I get busier, whether it's shopping for dorm stuff or hanging out with friends I won't see for awhile.  This is probably the second to last update from me for a long time.  So the next one is the last.  I'll be looking at these later today (assuming my friends don't call me up and want to hang out together for a THIRD full day in a row :P ).

You guys can use this thread to discuss anything you want, by the way.  I never mentioned it before, but once submissions are closed, I don't care if you want to use this thread to discuss this week's submissions, suggest ways to improve the process, yell at me for caring about my friends more than all of you, etc. ;)

WiiMan96

Quote from: Nintendude73 on August 10, 2009, 06:56:41 AMYou guys can use this thread to discuss anything you want, by the way.  I never mentioned it before, but once submissions are closed, I don't care if you want to use this thread to discuss this week's submissions, suggest ways to improve the process, yell at me for caring about my friends more than all of you, etc. ;)

In which case...

Keep up the creepy animal with creepier condition or property. I mean, an ambidextrous chameleon? Really? It might be my sense of humour but they never fail to give me a laugh.  ;D

Nintendude73

Just my way of seeing if people actually read that. ;)

I really will be checking these today, it's just that we had an awesome thunderstorm here and the internet decided to asplode for awhile.  But it's back now and as soon as I'm done with the Revisions thread I'll work on these.