Final Fantasy Timeline

Started by Dalonzo, August 02, 2009, 06:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dalonzo

I'm sorry, but what is the Final Fantasy timeline, if there is one. I've never played any of the FF games and would like to, but in order, if there is one (btw the canon games, no crystal chronicles or tactics.)

KefkaticFanatic

There is no timeline between games, except for the spinoffs.  Each game is set in a different world.

me irl
[close]

Dalonzo

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on August 02, 2009, 10:58:21 PMThere is no timeline between games, except for the spinoffs.  Each game is set in a different world.

Apparently I found out after doing some research. Yes I feel like playing :D. I borrowed FF 1/2 remake from a friend. Liking it very much.

I asked since there are games that DO have timelines, and seeing how people talk about many FF [insert number here] I thought it'd be confusing to start later in the sequels (if they had been sequels). Nehways, I still want to go on order, see how the game mechanics evolve and the such.

And before this, I'd only played Tactics Advance.

Tranzlater

What? Well the games slowly get more advanced as they go- FFvii was more advanced than IV, XIII is more advanced than XII, but other than that, I don't knwo much- I'd have to agree with kefkatic
Quote from: Arison The Bat
oviosly so far i've only got "little unmature kids" to respond to this thread
After months of mediation and exams, I return.
Probably not for long.

SirIngusBingus

I know this was a while ago, but I feel I am obligated to post here.

There is no general timeline between games. Each is considered a seperate 'fantasy'. I must agree with Kefka, although it pains me.
However, a few games have recently come out set in what is known as the 'Ivalice Alliance.' These games are still rather seperate, but they all take place in the general world of Final Fantasy XII (Ivalice).