News:

Download Finale Notepad 2012 free here!

Main Menu

"Fulfilling the Requests" Project (Out of Service)

Started by WiiMan96, July 31, 2009, 07:37:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WiiMan's pretty cool.

He found every request
1 (3.7%)
Then he organized them all
1 (3.7%)
Made a thread that had progress
0 (0%)
Then made a site to organize them
1 (3.7%)
Yeah he's pretty cool.
7 (25.9%)
*claps*
11 (40.7%)
I agree  -Shadoninja
6 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 27

pumpy_heart

Hey now, I'm sure many people gave it a glance over. I personally did a time or two, seeing if there was any gem that affected me personally as well.

blueflower999

I check it regularly. I'm not an arranger, I just check to see what songs have been requested.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Shadoninja

Either way, I do want these requests fullfilled. Maybe i'll bump a random topic every once in a while.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

MoboMoga

Quote from: K-NiGhT on March 10, 2012, 03:37:58 PMJust to let you know, i took Sinjoh Ruins from Pokemon D/P/Pt

BUMP. Are you still working on it?

spitllama

Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Shadoninja

Doing some concept work for a new request system.

New Topic:

Console: No more fiddling with this when the console id is static. This could be expanded for the console name.
Game: As you type there will be a list of games that have been already requested and you can select from that.

No more Message Icons access for users since they don't need to mess with that. That would be changed solely by the moderator(s).

blueflower999

^That would be awesome  :o

How would you do it, though?
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Shadoninja

Quote from: blueflower999 on December 26, 2012, 01:35:17 PM^That would be awesome  :o

How would you do it, though?
It's possible to mod the forum.
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/

I would learn how if I can't find pre-existing mods that are similar.

Shadoninja

I'm starting to think that forums are not the best place to host requests.

The FtR website is a great base model for what I'd like to see.

I'd like to see requests in a completely sortable list. One where you can sort alphabetically by Console, Game, or Song and be able to filter out consoles. If one just wanted to see requests for SNES and DS they should be able to filter the other consoles out.

Requests, Submissions, In-Progress, and Sheets on the site would all be put into a single database. This would be done in such a way that if there's an active request and someone submits a song or it gets accepted and put on the site, that request is automatically fulfilled. Also, if someone requests a song that is already on the site it won't be added and the user will be notified as such.

If we can get a working database, the submission process could be made easier. Instead of having to copy and paste from your arrangement thread, you can press a button and zip that arrangement over to the submissions page.

Each request will listed individually as a single song, no more "multiple songs" listings. This will make it easier to see what has already been requested. It won't be impossible to request multiple songs, however. There could be a form that one can fill out. There would be a button to add more forms. then one just selects the console from a dropdown, put in the title of the game and song, and insert or be able to search for the youtube link. If they're all from the same game there would be a checkbox that would automatically fill the console and game boxes. There would be a limit of say 5 or so.

Each game will have it's own page with relevant information such as the developer(s), publisher(s), release dates, and composers and arrangers. There would also be the official soundtrack list if it has one with alternate titles and a youtube link for ease of use. There could be a request button on the songs with a limit to prevent spamming. The page would also list active requests, submitted sheets, in-progress, and all of the songs that are on the site.

Arrangers will be able to click a button to claim a song and then it will be displayed on their profile or some related page so that they can easily see all of the songs they should be working on.

The Deku Trombonist

Sounds good (I love organisation :P), but I'm wondering where and how discussions would take place?

Shadoninja

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on December 30, 2012, 06:52:00 PMSounds good (I love organisation :P), but I'm wondering where and how discussions would take place?
Maybe a comments section. There should be a way to segregate discussions for every sheet.

DonValentino

So I checked the website and found 3 requests made by me that are fulfilled, but there they are listed as unfulfilled.
Can I register and correct it myself or someone else does it?

Here they are, just in case:

Mega Man Maverick Hunter X - "Zero's Sacrifice": Done by DekuTrombonist (Also listed in the arranged section)
Nintendo 3DS - "Swapnote Theme": Done by Shado
Wario Land: Shake It! - "Gurgle Gulch": Done by fingerz

EDIT: And also, Deku arranged "Arctic Valley" from Bomberman Tournament, right?

Shadoninja

Quote from: WarioMan98 on December 31, 2012, 10:10:59 AMSo I checked the website and found 3 requests made by me that are fulfilled, but there they are listed as unfulfilled.
Can I register and correct it myself or someone else does it?

Here they are, just in case:

Mega Man Maverick Hunter X - "Zero's Sacrifice": Done by DekuTrombonist (Also listed in the arranged section)
Nintendo 3DS - "Swapnote Theme": Done by Shado
Wario Land: Shake It! - "Gurgle Gulch": Done by fingerz

EDIT: And also, Deku arranged "Arctic Valley" from Bomberman Tournament, right?
wait wut?

Yugi

Are we allowed to claim songs on the FtR website yet.

Shadoninja

Quote from: SocialFox on December 31, 2012, 08:56:50 PMAre we allowed to claim songs on the FtR website yet.
Yes but that site's not being updated.