Grand Thread o' Revisions [Update up, up to Concerto to update this if he wants]

Started by Nintendude73, July 28, 2009, 04:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nintendude73

READ ALL OF THIS OR I WILL FEED YOUR SUBMISSIONS TO AN AMBIDEXTROUS CHAMELEON.

DON'T POST SONGS THAT AREN'T ALREADY ON THE SITE IN HERE.  WHAT ARE YOU, STUPID?

THE GUIDELINES TO FORMATTING ARE HERE, THEY ARE INCREDIBLY EASY TO UNDERSTAND: FOLLOW THEM.  IT WILL MAKE MY JOB SO MUCH EASIER AND I'LL LOVE YOU MORE.

I've noticed a lot of people seem to be focused on replacing the old, crap sheets on the site with new, less crap sheets.  And I'm all for that because it improves our image, so I'm making this thread where you can make a SINGLE post with your revisions to songs already on the site.  Similar idea to the other submission thread, except this one will keep going for ALL TIME.  Maybe.  Go ahead and post all of the revisions you have.  Depending on how many are submitted, I may just take a single person's for the week or I may do them all.  We'll see.

I have Finale 2009, so I will be able to fix small formatting issues with songs if that's the only problem.  But PLEASE make this easier on me and just format it correctly yourself the first time.  The easier on me you all are, the longer I'll be able to keep up updates without hating myself and getting frustrated.I WILL ALSO CHECK FOR COPYRIGHT AND NEW NSM URL SO PLEASE EDIT THIS, TOO.

Any extra posts will be deleted.  I will edit your post with rejection reasons, or to tell you it's accepted.  I may accept all or some or none of your revisions.

So, in a lovely step-by-step process:
1.  Perfect your revisions to sheets for songs already on the site
2.  Make sure they are formatted PERFECTLY
3.  Post links to the revisions here, mus and midi
4.  Did I mention I want them perfectly formatted?  Repeat steps 2 and 3 if you didn't listen to me
5.  I will occasionally review submissions and either accept or reject, editing your post as necessary
6.  Usually, but not always, coinciding with the weekly update, I will add all or some accepted revisions to the site, replacing the originals
7.  Once I do this, I will clear your revisions and any discussion of them from your post in this thread, and you can edit in new revisions as you see necessary
8.  This process will repeat as long as people feel the need to prove themselves superior to others.  This thread will never be deleted (well, at least as long as I keep this going).

Got it?  If yes, make your post and submit your revisions!  If not, PM me with questions.  Don't muck up my nice thread.

Questions I've Received (or made up):
-Do I have to include copyright and the site URL?  Yes.  The copyright is just <Publisher> © <Year Published> without the <> obviously.  The URL is http://ninsheetm.us/
-How do I make a MIDI? Open the MUS in Finale, click File>Save As... and choose MIDI from the dropdown list.
-When can we submit? Now!  Just do it.
-How can I respond to your comments in my post? Edit your post or PM me.
-What if I disagree with your rejection comments? Edit your post to appeal.  If it starts getting too long-winded we'll take it to PM.

mantis985

4-D

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker - "Windfall Island" | MID
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island - "Castle" | MID

Nintendude73: Windfall is fine, really, but you use a ton of red notes and they aren't really necessary (if you look, the vast, VAST majority of them could easily be placed on the first layer where there is a rest or to create a chord).

Castle is great as well, but I'm a little concerned with the Gori Fater in the Arranger line.  Do you have his permission to use a modified version of his sheet?  I don't have a problem with DoKoCo (G-Han) for Windfall since he is (was) a part of this site, but Gori Fater is an outside arranger and I don't want to put up a modified version of his sheet without you having his permission or a good explanation.

These are both huge improvements over the ones on the site, but I need you to address those issues.

ALPRAS

ME :P

Super Mario Galaxy[Wii]

"Title" MUS MIDI MP3[NGC] Pikmin :

Pikmin[GC]

"Night Comes"  MUS MIDI  MP3

Nintendude73: Maybe I'm just blind, but I don't see the Title theme for Super Mario Galaxy on the site...  Your arrangement is very good, but it's supposed to not be on the site yet if it's in this thread.

The other one is obviously up for a replacement.  It's also very good, but in measures 13-20, it seems like it would make more sense for the red notes (which seem to be intended to played by the left hand), to be in the other staff, and the same with the last measure.  I just want these to look as nice as possible, but they sound very nice.

Composer #40

It happens Every. Day!

WiiMan96

Submission:

[NES] Super Mario Bros. - "Underworld" - WiiMan96
MUS | MID | PDF

Tangy

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Cobraroll

Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.