Submissions for Aug. 3 Update [Update is up!, GreekGeek, check your post :P]

Started by Nintendude73, July 28, 2009, 04:07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nintendude73

READ ALL OF THIS OR I WILL FEED YOUR SUBMISSIONS TO A LEFT-HANDED CHAMELEON.

THIS WEEK, DON'T POST REVISIONS OF EXISTING SHEETS IN THIS THREAD.  THERE IS A SEPARATE THREAD FOR THIS AT LEAST FOR THIS WEEK.

THE GUIDELINES TO FORMATTING ARE HERE, THEY ARE INCREDIBLY EASY TO UNDERSTAND: FOLLOW THEM.  IT WILL MAKE MY JOB SO MUCH EASIER AND I'LL LOVE YOU MORE.

For the next update. ;D  You may post a single post with 2 songs you think are ready for submission.  I will go through this topic over the course of the week and check the submitted songs.  Hopefully around Sunday-ish, I'll have a selection of songs that are ready for upload and I'll update.

SPECIAL NOTES:  If one or more of your songs did not get accepted in the last thread, you may repost those and ONE more song for submission. Unless I tell you otherwise.  Also, I'm willing to accommodate special interests, but don't just assume you have special permission if I haven't given it to you explicitly.

(All Submission topics are still in this thread, just no longer stickied.)

I now have Finale 2009, so I will be able to fix small formatting issues with songs if that's the only problem.  But PLEASE make this easier on me and just format it correctly yourself the first time.  The easier on me you all are, the longer I'll be able to keep up updates without hating myself and getting frustrated.I WILL ALSO CHECK FOR COPYRIGHT AND NEW NSM URL SO PLEASE EDIT THIS, TOO.  I don't care if the guidelines say it's optional.  I want it.  It looks nicer.

Any extra posts will be deleted.  I will edit your post with rejection reasons, or to tell you it's accepted.  I may accept both or just one or none of your submissions.

So, in a lovely step-by-step process:
1.  Perfect up to 2 songs for submission
2.  Make sure they are formatted PERFECTLY
3.  Post links to the submissions here, mus and midi
4.  Did I mention I want them perfectly formatted?  Repeat steps 2 and 3 if you didn't listen to me
5.  I will review submissions and either accept or reject, editing your post as necessary
6.  Around Sunday, I'll close the thread to submissions
7.  When I start the update, I'll close the thread to revisions
8.  All of the songs I have accepted will be uploaded and we'll start this circus again

Got it?  If yes, make your post and submit your songs!  If not, PM me with questions.  Don't muck up my nice thread.

Questions I've Received (or made up):
-Do I need to break up a medley? No, it counts as one submission
-Do I have to include copyright and the site URL?  Yes.  The copyright is just <Publisher> © <Year Published> without the <> obviously.  The URL is http://ninsheetm.us/
-How do I make a MIDI? Open the MUS in Finale, click File>Save As... and choose MIDI from the dropdown list.
-When can we submit? Now!  Just do it.
-How can I respond to your comments in my post? Edit your post or PM me.
-What if I disagree with your rejection comments? Edit your post to appeal.  If it starts getting too long-winded we'll take it to PM.
-Can I still submit after you've swept-through the posts? Yes.  You can submit up until I post that the thread is closed for submissions.

mantis985

-[N64] Jet Force Gemini "Eschebone" Arranged by mantis985
           mus- http://www.mediafire.com/?mmninlgznhm    
           midi- http://www.mediafire.com/?2zwytifzqty

-[PS2] Dark Cloud 2 "Flying Warship Death Ark" Arr. by mantis985
           mus- http://www.mediafire.com/?qjw5qtjgzjz
           midi- http://www.mediafire.com/?ttmwmjymgtm  

Again, I cant fix mistakes because I dont have a laptop or finale anymore.
EDIT:Nevermind, I found my 2009 notepad installer and serial number.

Nintendude73: Eschebone is fine.  I just changed the bass clef for measures 10-17 to treble for readability.

Flying Warship Death Ark is fine too (and awesome song name, haha).  Nice job this week, and thanks a lot for formatting correctly!

MaestroUGC

[N64] The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time-"Lost Woods"-MaestroUGC MUS MID
[SNES] Super Mario World-"Athletic"-MaestroUGC           MUS MID

Nintendude73: Both accepted, great work as always.  I still really want to see someone playing these themselves.  They're really creative arrangements and fun to listen to, but I think it would be awesome to see someone playing these live.  Just my thoughts.

Oh, you forgot to italicize the game name in Lost Woods, but whatever.  I fixed it.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Nana1Popo2

[GBA] Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire - "Wild Pokemon Battle" - Nana1Popo2
MUS MID

Nintendude73: Accepted, nice work. :)
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

Composer #40

Submissions:

[GC] Mario Power Tennis - "Mario Classic Court Exhibition" - Commander6 (midi)

[GBA] Advance Wars - "Drake's Theme" - Commander6 (midi)

Nintendude73: Come ooooooooon, just mess up once!  Please?

These are both accepted... :P

C#40: Never! or wait till I finish Mega Man 7 & 8

It happens Every. Day!

WiiMan96

[GCN] Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door - "Glitzville" - WiiMan96
MUS | MID

[N64] Harvest Moon 64 - "Bar" - WiiMan96
MUS | MID

NOTE: Yeah, both don't have a definite key sig, and they're as best as I could get them without too many naturals in the process. :P

Nintendude73: Holy crap, you don't know how hard I tried to arrange Glitzville a year or two ago.  I tried so hard but I just couldn't get anything that worked.  I'm really glad you were able to figure it out!  The sheet looks great and the playback sounds really good.  You got a lot more in there than I thought was possible.  Nice work!

Bar is accepted, too.  Yay, Harvest Moon. :3

Swordomar

Here's mine   :-\

[NDS] - Final Fantasy III - "A Dancer's Dance" - Nobuo Uematsu (.mus) (.mid)

I know... It's really freaking lame... but I've been busy plus I don't have my keyboard with me atm, so meh. There you go. This is a direct transcription of the mp3 from the OST.

Also, if anyone has any helpful hints on better formatting of the red notes, it would be greatly appreciated. all the random colored rests everywhere kinda bug me, but idk if there is anything I can do about them... -.- I guess if you can help you can PM me or something.

Nintendude73: Ah!  It's Dance of the Little Swans!  Just like in Little King's Story, hehe.  I made the red notes look a little nicer (and moved some to the first layer, you can see what I changed when I upload it), plus added quotes to the song title.  I must be in a good mood to fix all that. ;) It's accepted.

Swordomar: Thanks... I'll work some on my red note technique XP.  More FFIII to come. sry about the quotes -.-

Nintendude73: Haha, no worries.  The quotes are really not a huge deal, that takes all of 10 seconds to fix. :P
Visit my Submissions Page =D
Finale Reader, a free solution for opening .mus files

Kimmel

[GC] Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles ~ Goblin's Lair ~ Kim Duy Vo   Difficulty: Moderate - Hard   MUS | MIDI | PDF

Nintendude73: Nice arrangement.  Added an 8va to one section for readability.  I ask you again, please don't use the fancy fonts, follow the guidelines for formatting.  Quotes around the title, include NSM's URL.  Otherwise nice job.

Kimmel: Yeah... is it now ok? (Fancy fonts look much prettier, don't you think so, too? But well...^^)
Ah, and thank you :D I'm not very happy with that arrangement (the beginning part D:), but it's still ok I think ^^

Nintendude73: I already took care of the stuff I mentioned.  Fancy fonts are pretty and all, but we like to have some consistency with the formatting of the sheets.  It's a little more professional. :)
Sorry for my English ^.^

QWERTYkid911

[NGB] Pokémon Red & Blue        - "Title Theme"                   - QWERTYkid911 - MUS|MID

Nintendude73: Nice arrangement.  Umm, only problem was no quotes around the title, aka no big deal.

Olimar12345

mine:

[NDS]-New Super Mario Bros.-Snow battle Plains- MUS Midi

[GB]-Metroid II return of samus-Title screen- MUS Midi

Nintendude73: Both accepted.  Snow Battle Plains was having an identity crisis (this post, the file name, and the song title on the sheet were all different) so I changed the name on the sheet to Snow Battle Plains (since the one on the site is already called Battle Plains).  Nothing else to say, really.  Nice job.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Petpetfood

Submission
N64- Banjo Kazooie: Game Over. [Mus] [Midi]

Nintendude73: Accepted... not much to say about this.  Make sure all of the words in the title are capitalized... that's about it.

Tranzlater

SNES-Super Metroid-"Credits"-Tranzlater
MUS MIDI

SNES-Earthbound-"Good friends, Bad friends"-Tranzlater
MUS MIDI

Nintendude73: Both accepted.  Your formatting was correct, but you had some weird things going on with it...  It would have been a pain to explain, so I just fixed it.  I'm not so sure about some of those ridiculous reaches in the different layers in SM's Credits, but both of the layers represent important parts of the song, so I think it's reasonable to leave them in.  Some of them seemed like the lower notes could be taken over by the left hand if necessary.  I didn't see any problems at all with GFBF, besides the weird formatting I mentioned.
Quote from: Arison The Bat
oviosly so far i've only got "little unmature kids" to respond to this thread
After months of mediation and exams, I return.
Probably not for long.

GreekGeek

[NGC] The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - "Game Over" - GreekGeek
MUS

NOTE: For some strange, unknown but very annoying reason, I can't save files as a MIDI file anymore. Each time I try to do this, Finale says "to have run into an error" and is closed automatically. So could someone please make a MIDI file of it?

Nintendude73: I'll take care of the MIDI.

Err... this links to a bad version of Super Mario World's "Game Over" theme?  Wazzupwithat?

GreekGeek: It leads to a perfect version of the Wind Waker version of the "song". But I didn't know it was already on the site so I'll replace it for another arrangement ;)

Nintendude73:  Have you clicked that link?  I'm not getting anything for Wind Waker.  It's Super Mario World's Game Over.  I'm going to unsticky this thread, just PM me.

Nintendude73

The update is now closed to new submissions for this week.  I'll be sweeping through this today and maybe even putting up an update today.  We'll see. :P  I know I've been lazy this week, but I've been hanging out with friends a lot, since I won't see them for awhile after I leave for college on the 19th.  You probably won't see much of me after that, either. :-\