News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

What's the creepiest game you ever played?

Started by ALPRAS, July 26, 2009, 05:58:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dalonzo

Quote from: SirIngusBingus on July 31, 2009, 07:56:39 AMI was scared of Kaepora Gaepora for a loooooooong time.

You made me lol. To me he was just annoying, I didn't understand english back the first time I plyed OoT, now you know how he always asks at the end 'do you want me to repeat what I just said again?' or some shit so I always answered yes since MOST games asked 'did you understand', so I never  made it to Zelda nor Dodongo's cavern. Stupid Kaepora Gaebora.

@Cobraroll: yesh, I saw a friend play it once, SCARY AS HELL, but then again, everything scares me.

Roz~

Haha same, I didn't really understand english when I first played that game... (I think I was 6 years old) so I would just not read what he was saying... and I ended up choosing "Yes" to his "Do you want me to repeat again?" thing too. Hopefully we don't meet him too often.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

SirIngusBingus

Quote from: Cobraroll on July 31, 2009, 07:59:39 AMWhy haven't anyone mentioned F.E.A.R. yet? It scares the extrements out of me even though I've never played it, just watched some videos...

Cobra! Good to see you!

How about an Emergence update?

Cobraroll

^Nice to see you too! I'm working on it, but I've been away a lot this summer, and only get an hour here, an hour there to write. I'm going away again on Monday, but from next Saturday on, I'll be home. I'll finish it as soon as I can, within the borders of quality.

The Earth Temple in WindWaker is also quite creepy, by the way. The zombies are evil.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

KefkaticFanatic

They're not just evil, they're damn paedophiles.  They attack you by raping you.

me irl
[close]

Tranzlater

I've never really been creeped out by a game- umm... I didn't start gaming properly 'till I was about 7 or 8... I played the odd PC game when I was younger, but I don't remember much of that.

I'm not allowed to get 18's (high level R's) so I don't play many horrors.

Ah ha, I remember, the giant spiders in HP2 (I was an insane HP fan back then) freaked my bro out, and he was like 10, and he's 4 years older than me. I did the level for him =P.
Quote from: Arison The Bat
oviosly so far i've only got "little unmature kids" to respond to this thread
After months of mediation and exams, I return.
Probably not for long.

Cobraroll

Another reason why WindWaker is creeeeeepy: The Fire temple. Listen carefully to the background music. Something is snoring, or breathing heavily, barely audible over the background sounds. It makes you expect it to wake up and jump at you any second.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Gooch

Ocarina of Time was always creepy for me. I hated future Hyrule Market, and you had to go through it when you changed ages, so, it was the scariest part for me. Especially since you get paralyzed, then they suck the life out of you :P

Otherwise, things that scared me more than they should have was caused from too much gaming, and playing until Dead o' Clock. The first was playing CoD:World at War, playing Nazi Zombies. I'm just fine playing it now, but after playing through the last level for a few hours, being frustrated at the hordes of Nazis that are everywhere, being attack by what you just killed isn't the best medicine.

The other creepy moment was, once again, at night, playing Bioshock. It was the Sander Cohen level, and i got lost. When you get lost, trying to take pictures of dead guys, and having Spider Splicers jump down onto your head, you get freaked out and decide to stop playing for a few days :P

KefkaticFanatic

Gooch: Ah shit, that made me stop playing the game (OOT) for months when I was a kid.

me irl
[close]

SirIngusBingus

^Ooh, I forgot about that. I had the same reaction.

SuperFireKirby

ReDeads never really scared me, they were just creepy. Something that made me jump were the mimics in Dark Cloud 2. They would do a close up on a treasure chest and all of a sudden a mimic would just pop out! With big sharp teeth. Once I got older I was freaked out by the zombies and cyborgs in Return to Castle Wolfenstein but that's really it. And Silent Hill, can't forget about Pyramid Head.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Sir Awesomesauce

Well, like half the other people who posted here, Ocarina of Time scared the crap out of me in my younger days. I got to the Forest Temple (somehow I managed to make it through the ReDeads in Hyrule Market without ripping my eyes out) and stopped for like 2 years there. "Watch for the shadows of monsters that hang from the ceiling!". *Shudders*

Then I finally got to the Bottom of the Well which I beat... somehow without killing myself again. What stopped me for the second time was the Shadow Temple. The music alone would destroy me. So as a child, I reconnected the Audio/Video cables of my N64 and SNES so Yoshi's Island's "Athletic" theme would be playing in the temple instead. I finally beat it. :)

I don't play many first person shooters, so I miss out on a lot of survival-horror games. However, one game which still gets me jittery is Metroid Prime. Only one area of it: The 3 Phazon Rooms of the Phazon Mines. They're riddled with metroids. I don't even know why they freak me out. I guess just the suddenness of their attacks, their ominousness, their sound effects. (It's different from the silent dread I had for the OoT games; this is more of a jumpy, jittery, freaked out, blood-pumping kind of fear.)
You should read my post, it's probably above this.

Seeker

I thought MM was creepier that OoT, what with the Moon falling down and everything. I had a few nightmares about that.
This is a signature.

Shadoninja

"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

ALPRAS

Incredible the fact that nobody have mentioned Eternal Darkness here...