News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Best Zelda game ever

Started by GreekGeek, July 23, 2009, 11:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is the best Zelda game ever?

The Legend of Zelda
0 (0%)
The Adventure of Link
0 (0%)
A Link to the Past
2 (7.7%)
Link's Awakening
2 (7.7%)
Ocarina of Time
5 (19.2%)
Ocarina of Time Masterquest
1 (3.8%)
Majora's Mask
5 (19.2%)
Oracle of Ages
0 (0%)
Oracle of Seasons
1 (3.8%)
A Link to the Past: Four Swords
0 (0%)
The Wind Waker
3 (11.5%)
Four Swords Adventure
0 (0%)
The Minish Cap
0 (0%)
The Twilight Princess
4 (15.4%)
Phantom Hourglass
0 (0%)
Wand of Gamelon
3 (11.5%)

Total Members Voted: 25

GreekGeek

Sorry if it becomes a little cliché, but I just wanted to know what zelda game you like best. If there's already a discussion (dead or alive) 'bout this, please lemme know (in a subtle way, Gamer)

kotorfanboy

There's no Wand of Gamelon option =(

iDennis

I voted for Wind Waker. If you wanna kill me I won't hinder you guys. Just find me. ;P

My reasons:

-I enjoy sailing on that vast ocean
-the graphics are kinda cool
-the soundtrack is beautiful
-epic boss battle (too easy though)

I' probably the only one voting that game.  8)

SirIngusBingus

I actually like WW a lot too, but MM has a special place in my heart.

mantis985

Gu4n

Not sure which is the best, but Majora's Mask must be my favorite. Its apocalyptic theme and wonderful soundtrack remain fresh in my mind after all those years.

Swordomar

For me it's prolly a tossup between Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask.

now... I wonder what's for dinner? >.>

Squadalah, Swordomar
Visit my Submissions Page =D
Finale Reader, a free solution for opening .mus files

Composer #40

Quote from: kotorfanboy on July 24, 2009, 11:51:09 AMThere's no Wand of Gamelon option =(
Quote from: mantis985 on July 25, 2009, 12:29:06 PMUm...Wand of Gamelon?

"The Legend of Zelda: Wand of Gamelon" is a Zelda game released for the Philips CD-i in 1993. It's one of those games that make most Zelda fans vomit in disgust at how it portrayed Link which was similar to how he was portrayed in the cartoons about him. It also made Nintendo pull the rights to making Zelda games from Philips because of the fans overall opinions of the games and the games were eliminated from the canon and fans try to deny it's existence. Believe it or not Nintendo was considering a deal with Sony at this time before the deal with Philips (Sony's Rival). That brief time that Nintedo and Sony spent together created the product which we all know as PlayStation.

Sources: (sorry that's wiki but you're less likely to find this on a Zelda fan site)

http://zeldawiki.org/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Wand_of_Gamelon
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zelda:_The_Wand_of_Gamelon (notes game magazines' reception)
http://zeldawiki.org/Philips_CD-i_Games

If all of you are wondering what I choose...(processing)...Majora's Mask ≥ Ocarina of Time
I also don't like the CD-i games because I agree with other fans about the games (not the magazines' opinion). I've also seen the cartoons of The Legend of Zelda and its rather "cheesy" and its bad.

It happens Every. Day!

Davey

The(?) Twilight Princess.

Well, anyway. I voted for twilight princess because it was lengthy, fun, and it had a good soundtrack. I'm sure I would like OoT or MjM more if I had ever finished them.

Roz~

OoT, since it's the first Zelda game I ever finished. And even after all those years, it's still awesome to beat the game again.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Gu4n

It really is, indeed.

On my blog, I covered some Zelda-games during the past few months. I rated them as following:
QuoteThe Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past (SNES, 1991) ~ 9/10
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (GB, 1993) ~ 9/10
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (NDS, 2007) ~ 6/10
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii, 2006) ~ 8/10

Davey

Quote from: G-Han on July 30, 2009, 02:31:27 AM
QuoteThe Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (NDS, 2007) ~ 6/10

I second.

Roz~

^And I agree with you, it wasn't as good as they said.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Dalonzo

MM and OOT were good, but I like MM better, oh and WW takes a close third.

WiiMan96

To be perfectly honest, I've never finished a Zelda game. For me, it's a toss-up between OoT and TP. Ocarina of Time is awesome in every way, but Twilight Princess can be a good time-killer when I time myself riding from Ordon Village to the Zora's Domain for no apparent reason. :P

Never played all that much of the others, though.  :-[