News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

Bonus Update (July 21st): Commander6

Started by Nintendude73, July 21, 2009, 01:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nintendude73

Here's an extra update of 27 songs (only one of which is a replacement, the rest are new!) brought to you by Commander6 (Composer #40 on the forums).  His arrangements have consistently been well-made (and formatted correctly), and he had a huge backlog of songs just itching to make the jump to the site, so here are some of them!  Enjoy!

[NES] Mega Man 2 "Dr. Wily's Stages 1" (Replacement) - Commander6
[NES] Mega Man 2 "Dr. Wily's Stages 1 (Simplified)" - Commander6
[NES] Mega Man 2 "Air Man" - Commander6
[NES] Mega Man 2 "Crash Man" - Commander6
[NES] Mega Man 2 "Heat Man" - Commander6
[NES] Mega Man 2 "Metal Man" - Commander6
[NES] Mega Man 2 "Quick Man" - Commander6
[NES] Mega Man 2 "Wood Man" - Commander6

[NES] Mega Man 3 "Gemini Man" - Commander6
[NES] Mega Man 3 "Hard Man" - Commander6
[NES] Mega Man 3 "Snake Man" - Commander6
[NES] Mega Man 3 "Spark Man" - Commander6
[NES] Mega Man 3 "Top Man" - Commander6
[NES] Mega Man 3 "Wily Stages 1" - Commander6
[NES] Mega Man 3 "Wily Stages 2" - Commander6
[NES] Mega Man 3 "Wily Stages 3" - Commander6

[NES] Mega Man 4 "Bright Man" - Commander6
[NES] Mega Man 4 "Cossack's Citadel 1" - Commander6
[NES] Mega Man 4 "Cossack's Citadel 2" - Commander6
[NES] Mega Man 4 "Dive Man" - Commander6
[NES] Mega Man 4 "Skull Man" - Commander6
[NES] Mega Man 4 "Wily's Stages 2" - Commander6

[GEN] Sonic the Hedgehog 2 "Emerald Hill Zone" - Commander6
[GEN] Sonic the Hedgehog 2 "Hill Top Zone" - Commander6
[GEN] Sonic the Hedgehog 2 "Metropolis Zone" - Commander6
[GEN] Sonic the Hedgehog 2 "Sky Chase Zone" - Commander6
[GEN] Sonic the Hedgehog 2 "Wing Fortress Zone" - Commander6

ALPRAS

Wow.... no doubt that those are really important song for the site, but why he cant submit 27 (!) songs and we can sumbit only 2? Im not jealous at all, its just, i want to know :P

WiiMan96

Yeah! Why is he so special? ;)

Nah, it's good to see quantity with a lot of quality on the site coming from the one arranger. His name haunts me in the Mega Man section!  :P

Nintendude73

Everyone here has potential to have an update of their own.  Commander6's quality (and quantity of quality!) is consistent and he had a huge backlog of well-arranged songs to help expand the site that weren't going to put themselves up.  Like I said, if people show the consistency that he has, there's a chance I'll hunt you down for a special update.  It's very easy to check over songs when all you have to do is give them the once over because they're perfect. :P

Short answer: I play favorites. ;)  I won't accept crap from someone just because I've liked their stuff in the past, but I'm willing to do special updates for those that prove to be great all the time.

Composer #40

The songs that have been gathering dust for years have finally been submitted! ;D

Next up; more Megaman 4 and Final Fantasy! (brought to you by Nintendude73, to whom I can't think of anything to express my thanks.)

It happens Every. Day!

Nintendude73

No problem, dude, just keep up the good work.  I expect there will be another bonus update with your name on it, looking at all of the Final Fantasy stuff you've got in your thread. :o  Just let me know when it's ready.

ALPRAS

Well, my songs cant be consistent because Im arranging directly by ear, and its an arrangement Piano to ochestra, which is very hard...
I was invited to do Pokemon, sonic and Final Fantasy arrangements, but since I dont like very much FinalFantasy, 16-bits and GBA/DS songs I dont wanna too....

But I would like to ask you, maybe next year or something, if you could dedicate a Bonus update for me, with my SMG arrangements. I will not submit more SMG songs until November or December so....

Nintendude73

We'll see. :)  It could be like when grimace and I tackled every single song in Super Mario RPG (you wouldn't have to do EVERY song obviously, but an update with one person doing a lot of music from a certain game is definitely possible).

Shadoninja

"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

GreekGeek

Quote from: Nintendude73 on July 21, 2009, 04:51:05 PMEveryone here has potential to have an update of their own.  Commander6's quality (and quantity of quality!) is consistent and he had a huge backlog of well-arranged songs to help expand the site that weren't going to put themselves up.  Like I said, if people show the consistency that he has, there's a chance I'll hunt you down for a special update.  It's very easy to check over songs when all you have to do is give them the once over because they're perfect. :P

Short answer: I play favorites. ;)  I won't accept crap from someone just because I've liked their stuff in the past, but I'm willing to do special updates for those that prove to be great all the time.

I hate people who play favorites. You should tell me why Commander6 gots his own special update, while Brassman f.e. is far superior and means a LOT more to this site. No offence, but Brassman has far more quality and quantity.

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

Nintendude73

Quote from: GreekGeek on July 22, 2009, 11:56:13 AMI hate people who play favorites. You should tell me why Commander6 gots his own special update, while Brassman f.e. is far superior and means a LOT more to this site. No offense, but Brassman has far more quality and quantity.
You're not going to be a huge fan of me, I guess.

Let me try to explain this.  Commander has been around here since before the update drought.  I added songs of his to the site before the big update drought.  I know his work.  It has always been great.

The one you're playing favorites with, Brassman, is newer.  I never got to add any of his work to the site because he wasn't around when I used to update.  I have only updated with his stuff twice.  It has been great, as well.  I wouldn't say far superior; I would say they are both around the same level, which is a very good thing.  He's on his way to being a favorite.  But I don't know him that well yet.  I don't know you that well yet.

Would you like me to stop updating?  That's a lot easier for me to do than to continue.  If you have a problem with my way of doing things, I suggest you complain elsewhere.  I've learned time and time again as an updater that I definitely can't make everyone happy.  But when people start complaining when THE SITE IS BEING UPDATED after so long of having NOTHING, that's when I start to get angry and confused.

I could rant on and on, but I'll sum this up before I get carried away.  This is just the first special update.  I could do loads more.  I may not do any more.  But this is how I"m going to do things and if you don't like it, tell someone who cares.  I've been happy with your work as well, but you've just given me a very bad impression of yourself.  That is all.

GreekGeek

Quote from: Nintendude73 on July 22, 2009, 12:16:06 PM
Quote from: GreekGeek on July 22, 2009, 11:56:13 AMI hate people who play favorites. You should tell me why Commander6 gots his own special update, while Brassman f.e. is far superior and means a LOT more to this site. No offense, but Brassman has far more quality and quantity.
You're not going to be a huge fan of me, I guess.

Let me try to explain this.  Commander has been around here since before the update drought.  I added songs of his to the site before the big update drought.  I know his work.  It has always been great.

The one you're playing favorites with, Brassman, is newer.  I never got to add any of his work to the site because he wasn't around when I used to update.  I have only updated with his stuff twice.  It has been great, as well.  I wouldn't say far superior; I would say they are both around the same level, which is a very good thing.  He's on his way to being a favorite.  But I don't know him that well yet.  I don't know you that well yet.

Would you like me to stop updating?  That's a lot easier for me to do than to continue.  If you have a problem with my way of doing things, I suggest you complain elsewhere.  I've learned time and time again as an updater that I definitely can't make everyone happy.  But when people start complaining when THE SITE IS BEING UPDATED after so long of having NOTHING, that's when I start to get angry and confused.

I could rant on and on, but I'll sum this up before I get carried away.  This is just the first special update.  I could do loads more.  I may not do any more.  But this is how I"m going to do things and if you don't like it, tell someone who cares.  I've been happy with your work as well, but you've just given me a very bad impression of yourself.  That is all.

Understood. I'm a fan of your updating though, trust me. You do what JaMaHa and Composer #40 couldn't. And that's the problem with Composer #40 for me. I hardly see Composer #40 helping other people or doing any arrangements and that's the difference between him and Brass. The fact that you dedicate yourself to this updating and don't just say: "I don't got the time, so it might take a while" is the fact that I appreciate. And I'm sorry that I gave you a very bad impression, but Brassman is my friend who I sincerely admire and sometimes I feel like his work is a little undervaluated by some people. Everyone gets two songs to update and it makes me angry and confused when I see that a guy who hardly says anything on this forum (in my opinion) nor does as much as Brass can upload 27 songs! That doesn't sound fair at all to me. More like picking favorites, which you acknowledged.

I'm not jealous because I know I can't hit the level that Composer #40 and Brassman have and I don't mind. I like my arrangements and I contribute something, so that's fine too. But I just wanted to know why it is happening the way it is.

Sorry if I gave you a bad impression, but I find justice important and though you may think I'm whining about nothing, I think it might give a wrong signal if everyone can just upload 2 songs and one specific person can upload 27 or even 29.

Nintendude73

I'm choosing this kind of thing based entirely on arrangements.  I don't stray much from the top half of the forum, so that's probably why I don't know all of these things about Brassman.  I don't talk much on the forums, either.  I have about 200 posts.  Whether or not someone gets arrangements on the site doesn't depend at all on how they act in the community.  If the arrangements are good, they go up.  If the person's arrangements are consistently good, then I may feel inclined to add more from them.  I'm not paid to do this job.  I'm hardly even thanked. :P  So I do it how I want.  That may seem selfish and self-centered, but if you want me to stop, give me a salary and I'll do this job how YOU want me to do it.

Like I said, this was only the first of this kind of update.  Maybe I'll try to do a monthly featured arranger.  Maybe I won't ever do this again because of the reaction I've gotten from some people.  My advice is not to worry about it and just keep doing what you do.  I don't want to make enemies or tear this forum apart.  I just want to help update the site.