News:

It's not Opposite Day.

Main Menu

Know your song! OVER

Started by Dalonzo, July 17, 2009, 10:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirIngusBingus

There's only one hint up, most are missing...

Dalonzo

Quote from: SirIngusBingus on July 18, 2009, 06:56:16 PMThere's only one hint up, most are missing...

my internet is acting up on me...theyre all up now :)

GreekGeek

20. Lionel Richie - All night long? (this is my third one)

Dalonzo

Quote from: GreekGeek on July 19, 2009, 12:37:14 AM20. Lionel Richie - All night long? (this is my third one)

no wrong

SirIngusBingus

Man, all the ones I knew have been answered... :(

Nana1Popo2

Quote from: SirIngusBingus on July 19, 2009, 06:26:19 AMMan, all the ones I knew have been answered... :(

ya..same.. >.> (shadoninja took the last two i knew...)
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

GreekGeek

And Dalonzo is being quite bitchy, sorry =P

SirIngusBingus

Dalonzo

LOL , I declare game over, I was waiting for other people to guess, but I do confess that the last ones were a bit harder. Again, I do not know your personal music tastes, so I put varied genres. Here are the answers WITH explanations to the clues.

9. hello hi aloha [think of the opposites] BYE BYE BYE - NSYNC
15. russian [come on, the russian lesbians (ok a bit more random)] NOT GONNA GET US - TATU
16. what does everyone around you say? [a part of the chorus says ´and everyone around me says, my time is running out´] TIME IS RUNNING OUT - PAPA ROACH
17. i took a nap midjune [self explained] WAKE ME UP WHEN SEPTEMBER ENDS - GREEN DAY
18. my channel maybe? [if you had seen my other video, within my youtube CHANNEL, you wouldve seen that it has this song on it, with  me saying the name of the song on the description and video link ] THE MISSION - 30 SECONDS TO MARS
20. how will you wait for  me? [the song says 'Ill wait for  you there like a stone'] LIKE A STONE - AUDIOSLAVE

OK, I rly thought that 20 and 17 were pretty easy, as for the others, yes they are a bit more underground. But nehways, congrats to all the people who participated in this and those who got points and GREEKGEEK wins this edition.

oh and I would appreciate feedback, see if I can make more editions, suggest musical preferences for them or whatever you think would help the game. I'm thinking a 50 song edition with videogame themes (seeing as we ARE in NSM)

Also, sorry for the horrible hosting, I know I know I suck.

SirIngusBingus

This is actually a fun game. It's just too short-Everyone gets the easy songs in the first round, and then it kinda slows down. Still, the idea is great.

Dalonzo

Quote from: SirIngusBingus on July 22, 2009, 03:56:13 PMThis is actually a fun game. It's just too short-Everyone gets the easy songs in the first round, and then it kinda slows down. Still, the idea is great.

Thanks for the feedback
Maybe more songs? When I was going to start I thought start at 50 per edition, but thought it was too much for the first time, but now i know, and maybe just 2 guesses per round, 3 made it too quick, and maybe timed rounds, instead of based on turns (like 3 or 4 day timelines)

Also, are the clips long/short enough? these were 3 seconds long.

GreekGeek

Totally agree. The idea of the game is great, it just has to be polished up a little bit. Maybe 3 seconds is too short indeed and the hints could be a little with more clear :P

SirIngusBingus

I think four seconds would make it better.

GreekGeek

Quote from: SirIngusBingus on July 22, 2009, 05:05:36 PMI think four seconds would make it better.

I'm sure that one second is gonna make the difference, Ingus ;)