What are you playing right now?

Started by ALPRAS, July 14, 2009, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperFireKirby

Cave Story just keeps getting better and better. The plot is awesome. So is the gameplay. And the graphics. And the music.

This may be the greatest platformer ever. And you don't have to pay a penny for it.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Greg

I am definitely downloading NSMB3 and beating it on emulator. It looks AMAZING.

SuperRiolu

Wait. Did they just skip NSMB2?
I'm just going to spend my summer here in California doing so many things. There are a lot of things to do here!

SuperFireKirby

It's a hacked version of NSMB that looks better then the actual NSMB

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Dudeman

Super Mairo 64 DS. Beat final Bowser last night.  ;D
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Olimar12345

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on May 06, 2011, 03:54:50 PMCave Story just keeps getting better and better. The plot is awesome. So is the gameplay. And the graphics. And the music.

This may be the greatest platformer ever. And you don't have to pay a penny for it.
YES! Pixel truly did an outstanding job.  :)
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

fabbemannen

Quote from: olimar12345 on May 08, 2011, 09:48:34 AMYES! Pixel truly did an outstanding job.  :)
^this
It's an amazing game with stunning music =D

Cobraroll

Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Recently published, this is the third installment in the Mount&Blade series. This one is set in Eastern Europe in the 17th century, and introduces firearms to the fray. And I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing. Firearms are wildly powerful, wildly inaccurate, and take a long time to reload. However, now any little group of bandits will be able to kill hardened elite soldiers, which they could only dream about in the previous installments. It doesn't matter any more how tough your soldiers are, only how many muskets you can put on the battlefield, and how to support them. As another little kick between the players' legs, the dev team also nerfed bows and removed crossbows and throwing weapons, so that they are practically useless. Also, the player character is less involved in the battles now. Earlier, you could ride in front of your troops, mowing down enemies and create mayhem in their ranks. If you try that now, you'll only accomplish being the first one to die. Instead, your new place is behind the musketeers, directing your troops from afar (mostly putting a row of infantry before the musketeers, and put cavalry at the flanks, then wait. Attacking is suicide). Grab your gun and shoot at enemies while you're at it, that will be your best chance at nagging kills. Just don't expect to hit anything.
Also, the game's portrayal at Eastern Europe. I've only been to Krakow myself, but I don't think it is all one giant plain with forests scattered randomly around. From Balticum to Krim, that is how it looks like in F&S. Everything looks the same on the overworld map, and travelling around it is just plain dull. As TaleWorlds have a tradition of publishing games, then patching them until they become playable, I hope this issue will be adressed later. At the moment, M&B Warband is a far better game.

New review might come when I've played the game more.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

SuperFireKirby

It seems they made the game too realistic. :P

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Dudeman on May 08, 2011, 08:55:17 AMSuper Mairo 64 DS. Beat final Bowser last night.  ;D

That game is so awesome. I remember thinking it crazy that a handheld game could look that good.

Also, beat Partners in Time...now I'm on Explorers of Sky (lost to Dialga and I don't feel like going back atm), also Professor Layton and the Unwound Future. It's the only one in the series I haven't played too many times to be bored by.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

fingerz

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 08, 2011, 11:01:37 AMThat game is so awesome. I remember thinking it crazy that a handheld game could look that good.

Also, beat Partners in Time...now I'm on Explorers of Sky (lost to Dialga and I don't feel like going back atm), also Professor Layton and the Unwound Future. It's the only one in the series I haven't played too many times to be bored by.
First time for PiT? I loved how fricking difficult the last bosses were! It was a pity so many people complained and they lowered the difficulty in BIS. Loved Explorers of Sky and I'm sure you are enjoying it too, considering the amount of songs that are now on my to do list from that game... I love how they've brought back quite a few of the songs from Red/Blue in Sky!
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

SlowPokemon

Quote from: fingerz on May 10, 2011, 03:13:01 PMFirst time for PiT? I loved how fricking difficult the last bosses were! It was a pity so many people complained and they lowered the difficulty in BIS. Loved Explorers of Sky and I'm sure you are enjoying it too, considering the amount of songs that are now on my to do list from that game... I love how they've brought back quite a few of the songs from Red/Blue in Sky!

I've played all of the above before. xD

I actually thought that Elder Princess Shroob was more annoying than Final Bowser. :| Both were easy actually (BUT I HATE THE FOOT TENTACLE ATTACK FROM ELDER PRINCESS SHROOB)
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Greg

Final Bowser is SO MUCH EASIER.

Took me 2 hours to beat Elder Princess Shroob... it's pretty tedious  :-\

And then I beat Bowser in 5 minutes.

Geez.

SuperFireKirby

The Egg Corridor is alot more annoying the second time around. Especially with no save pint before those two dragon boss guys. <Cave Story

fingerz

Quote from: gzgregory on May 11, 2011, 07:08:07 AMFinal Bowser is SO MUCH EASIER.

Took me 2 hours to beat Elder Princess Shroob... it's pretty tedious  :-\

And then I beat Bowser in 5 minutes.

Geez.
Dark Bowser from BIS sucks. I like the concept of how to beat it, but it should have had triple the amount of HP or even more.
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn