News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

What are you playing right now?

Started by ALPRAS, July 14, 2009, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Or you could do it based on their species. :P

Ex.Meowth=Scratchcat/ScratchCat/Scratch Cat
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: SlowPokemon on November 01, 2010, 01:28:36 PMI evolved my Nidoqueen as soon as I could so it could learn Body Slam at Lv23. :P Not like it gets good moves anyway.

My brother did the same with his Nidoking. :P

Anyway, status update:
Cerulean City, battled 4/5 Nugget Bridge people, not faced the Gym Leader yet.
Team:
Ivysaur Lv19
Nidoqueen Lv19
Pikachu Lv19

Here's what I'm thinking for the rest of my team:

Meowth--it's pretty bad in this game, but relatively easy to train, and can learn a few good TMs. Plus, Pikachu and Meowth on the same team is coool. Was thinking Clefairy as well, but Meowth is cooler.

Omanyte--I really don't NEED this one since Nidoqueen can learns Surf (it already knows Water Gun lol), but Waters are always nice to have, and Omastar is really sweet. My brother's training a Kabuto, too, so. :)

Abra--Psychic-types are really good, and this beats Hypno, I think.

Here's what my brother's final team is going to be--
Venusaur
Nidoking
Pikachu/Raichu
Kabutops
Graveler/Golem (not sure if we can trade)
Hitmonlee

So, really if we wanted to do this "properly", I should choose Omanyte, Abra, and Hitmonchan. ;D

Any thoughts?
Slow, definately get an Abra. You'll need to train it to a Kadabra before it will be useful, but Kadabra/Alakazam is one of the most overpowered pokemon in R/B/Y.

As for your brother, having a a rock type and a fighting type one team may not be the best choice. I personally avoid fighting pokemon in R/B/Y all together as far as putting them on my team.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Roz~

Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Winter

So im playing mystery dungeon, and it annoys me that i got a zigzagoon and somehow after 20 battles, it's level 15, while my main character is still at 12... kinda weird

SlowPokemon

That's because your main character is probably a Pikachu or someone else equally hard to train.

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on November 01, 2010, 03:48:06 PMSlow, definately get an Abra. You'll need to train it to a Kadabra before it will be useful, but Kadabra/Alakazam is one of the most overpowered pokemon in R/B/Y.

As for your brother, having a a rock type and a fighting type one team may not be the best choice. I personally avoid fighting pokemon in R/B/Y all together as far as putting them on my team.

About Abra--I'm hesitating because I'm not sure if we can trade. Do you know if you can trade while using GBA SPs to play, with a GBA Link Cable? I don't think so, but I'm curious. I'll probably train one.

About Fighting--I personally agree (and Hitmonchan is out of the question because Fire, Ice, and ThunderPunch are all special), but he had this really good game with a team of Pokemon, all in their eighties, and his main Pokemon was a Hitmonlee. :P He really wants to train it again.

Also, the type setups are hilarious. Psychic is super against Ghost (so doubly effective against Gengar), and especially Poison--super against Bug, not Grass, and apparently just effective on other Poison-types. It's super effective on Beedrill and not very effective on Bulbasaur. Bug is super effective on Bulbasaur though. :D

SuperFireKirby

Abra- he evolves into Kadabra at lv.10 I believe and its really not neccessary to evolve him into Alakazam.

In R/B/Y Psychic is super on: Poison, ghost, grass, fighting, rock, and bug.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

It's Lv16, and that's hilarious. xD xD xD xD

How bad is this making you want to play a Gen I game now? ;)

Roz~

There's supposed to have a small switch on your cable so you can change from GBA to GBC. That's what I have on mine anyways.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

SlowPokemon

Hmm, I'll try it. :P My brother has a Geodude, but I'll wait till we have a Kadabra and Graveler.

Winter

On my leaf green cartridge I have a Golem, Alakazam, Gengar, and Machamp..... My file logged 216 hours..

SlowPokemon

On my FireRed I completed the Region Dex. :)

Winter

ARGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!! I hate you!

not really, just UNBELIEVABLY jealous. Do you know how hard I've been working on that??????????????

*pouts*

SlowPokemon

Aside from Dragonite, the only really irritating one is Rhydon. -_-'

Most of the others can be caught in the wild, or easily evolved.

dahans

I have never bought firered. SHAME ON ME! :(
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

SlowPokemon