News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

What are you playing right now?

Started by ALPRAS, July 14, 2009, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrP

Ahh... I see. I havent maxed my EVs out, I made them quite equal, since I used Macho Braces.

I think it would be hard to keep track of 6 Pokémon unless I kept marking them down after each and every battle.

Pokémon can be one of the most logic intensive games out there, making it an extremely hard video game. There are so many things to do

Roz~

Quote from: drpamplemousse on August 17, 2010, 11:21:00 AMAhh... I see. I havent maxed my EVs out, I made them quite equal, since I used Macho Braces.

I think it would be hard to keep track of 6 Pokémon unless I kept marking them down after each and every battle.

Pokémon can be one of the most logic intensive games out there, making it an extremely hard video game. There are so many things to do

Yep, the subtle mechanics of the game makes it a lot more interesting!
Also, shiny Shuckle's sweet. And I just remembered how much I love Mankey. Gotta breed one.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

DrP

I need to start studying RNG mechanics more in depth... probably when im not ready to take a nap at my desk, work can be quite too "on" for me. arrrgh

Roz~

Quote from: drpamplemousse on August 17, 2010, 11:44:17 AMI need to start studying RNG mechanics more in depth... probably when im not ready to take a nap at my desk, work can be quite too "on" for me. arrrgh

At first it looks quite confusing, but it actually is pretty easy. It takes a lot of time though, so I hope you're a patient person  ;)

DrP

NO! haha. I'm not usually a patient person, but whenever I'm ahead of schedule for the day, I can really lay back and be patient!

Is the RNG stuff done through a transfer to the DS card, or is it all done separately and the RNG thing is just a calculator? Youre going to have to walk me through if you ever have time!

Roz~

Quote from: drpamplemousse on August 17, 2010, 11:50:26 AMNO! haha. I'm not usually a patient person, but whenever I'm ahead of schedule for the day, I can really lay back and be patient!

Is the RNG stuff done through a transfer to the DS card, or is it all done separately and the RNG thing is just a calculator? Youre going to have to walk me through if you ever have time!

The RNG program is a tool that was designed to tell you when you should start your game to get the results you want. For example, if you want a Shiny Egg, you input the gender/nature/ability you want it to have. Here's an example of result I got when going for a shiny male Shuckle w/ ability 1:
Date : 2010/08/17
Time : 10:24:50
Delay : 676
Frame : 9

Looking at that, I know that I must change the date and time of my DS to August 17th, 10:24. I need to hit a delay of 676 and my egg is on frame 9.
You're probably going to need Pikatimer, an awesome tool that help you hit your delay.

DrP

Is that also on smogon?

I'll read the guides later when I get off work!

Roz~

Yep, you can download Pikatimer on Smogon. The guides are there to get you started; but to me they were incomplete. There are things I had to find out myself in order to be able to RNG. Anyway, you'll see when you read them.

SuperRiolu

Thanks Roz and Dr Grapefruit!!! I will look in to everything (I do know a lot about RNGing, so dont hesitate to ask me, DP!)

That's why Gamefreak made those separate Power Items, so they can have a larger EV boost than just the Macho Brace, which covers all around stuff.
I'm just going to spend my summer here in California doing so many things. There are a lot of things to do here!

Roz~

Quote from: SuperRiolu on August 17, 2010, 01:58:21 PMThanks Roz and Dr Grapefruit!!! I will look in to everything (I do know a lot about RNGing, so dont hesitate to ask me, DP!)

That's why Gamefreak made those separate Power Items, so they can have a larger EV boost than just the Macho Brace, which covers all around stuff.

What Pokemon have you bred using the RNG so far? I'm kinda curious about what other people are breeding.

SuperRiolu

I bred a Shiny Happiny with 31/30/30/29/30/30 Stats, with a Serious Nature, then I bred a Buizel, with Perfect IVs, and I also bred a Gible, Carvanha, Cacnea and Slowpoke. I'm currently working on a perfect Dratini, but that will have to wait until tomorrow
I'm just going to spend my summer here in California doing so many things. There are a lot of things to do here!

DrP

thats a nice list.

Im thinking of breeding a Horsea as my first Pokémon... a very underused Pokémon from what I've seen so far

SlowPokemon

Nah, pretty overused, actually.

And I am training Miltank with Lucky Egg... helps a bit, for sure. And the Pokemon holding it was a Lv20 Corsola... I'm thinking about swapping it for Sudowoodo! But I can't make up my mind! Dx any suggestions?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Roz~

Quote from: SuperRiolu on August 17, 2010, 02:30:07 PMI bred a Shiny Happiny with 31/30/30/29/30/30 Stats, with a Serious Nature, then I bred a Buizel, with Perfect IVs, and I also bred a Gible, Carvanha, Cacnea and Slowpoke. I'm currently working on a perfect Dratini, but that will have to wait until tomorrow

Yep, that's a nice list. Here's what I've bred so far :
NU : Girafarig w/ HP Fighting, Buizel, Absol, Shuckle, Spheal, Voltorb, Ralts
UU/BL : Skorupi, Cubone, Zubat w/ HP Ground 70, Growlithe w/ HP Grass 70
UU : Suicune w/ HP Electric 70, Machop, Swinub, Beldum, Larvitar.

All are shiny, except for Absol. I messed up, but ended up with the nature and ability I wanted, so it doesn't matter. They all are flawless except for Skorupi and those with different HP. I had time to breed Spheal and Shuckle before going to work :D
And I'm also working on a flawless Dratini, should be done in less than an hour.

Quote from: drpamplemousse on August 17, 2010, 02:35:28 PMthats a nice list.

Im thinking of breeding a Horsea as my first Pokémon... a very underused Pokémon from what I've seen so far

Actually it's kind of common.

SlowPokemon

New pic guys! Hooray. Tell me if it's better/worse.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.