News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

What are you playing right now?

Started by ALPRAS, July 14, 2009, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oni-Link

Quote from: Cobraroll on August 02, 2010, 12:02:19 PMRed's team has potential, but he does little with it. Why not do like the trainer in Trainer House and use Pokémon who set up? Like 99% of all the pro battlers? If that Lapras had used Calm Mind, for instance, or Venusaur Swords Dance, and they had actually held items that would help their case, it would have been a lot better. They should make him hard to beat, not just moderately difficult.
Like level 90-95 Pokemon.
That'd be hard.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Oni-Link on August 02, 2010, 11:54:01 AMIf SlowPokemon researched this topic instead of some stupid person's opinions, you'd know this.
Pokemon Red/Blue = 1996
Pokemon (Anime) = 1997

Oh my frickin' God, you are sooo confused, Oni.

Yes, the anime came after the game, but the anime came BEFORE Gold and Silver. They gave Red Ash's team and I didn't read that on some idiot's opinion site, I read it on an interview with the creators of Pokemon SoulSilver and HeartGold, quite a while ago on the OFFICIAL POKEMON WEBSITE. If you would stop being so out to get me and prove me wrong, and stop to think about it, you would realize that what I was saying made sense.

The interview can be found HERE and there is a part about the anime. It's the last little question in bold.

So please, why don't YOU do some research before you shoot me down?

EDIT: No, they don't actually say they gave Red Ash's team... but look at their replies...

"For example, we might say, "let’s do it this way in the game" because it was like that in a movie."

"Yes, of course, I watch the TV episodes and play the Pokémon Trading Card Game. Sometimes I draw inspiration for expressions, stages, and move names that I use in game development from them."
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Cobraroll

*hopping in*

This is clearly a misunderstanding. I guess SlowPoke knew that the game came before the animé, and thus Red as a character is the basis of Ash. However, the Red you meet in G/S/C/HHG/SS is based on Ash. Right? Both were right, both were wrong.

Peace?
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

SlowPokemon

Yeah, peace. If Oni's still willing after the insults I just threw at him. xP

Oni-Link

Quote from: Cobraroll on August 02, 2010, 12:07:09 PM*hopping in*

This is clearly a misunderstanding. I guess SlowPoke knew that the game came before the animé, and thus Red as a character is the basis of Ash. However, the Red you meet in G/S/C/HHG/SS is based on Ash. Right? Both were right, both were wrong.

Peace?
Pokemon developers sure make things confusing, don't they?
Especially in Mystery Dungeon.
Things.
Don't.
Make.
Sense.
For example: There's a chestnut trap in the game that makes chestnuts fall from trees and stuff.
THEN WHY ARE THERE TRAPS IN THE CLOUDS?
WHERE DO THE CHESTNUTS FALL FROM? RANDOM PLANES?
Also, there's sandstorms in regular forests.

SlowPokemon

KefkaticFanatic

You're all morons for arguing over something this insignificant.

me irl
[close]

Oni-Link

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on August 02, 2010, 12:41:32 PMYou're all morons for arguing over something this insignificant.
It's significant to us, not you.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Oni-Link on August 02, 2010, 12:43:32 PMIt's significant to us, not you.

Just ignore him, lol. He's far more insignificant than what we're arguing over.

DrP

The game people came before the anime people: Ash, Misty, Brock, May, Dawn... etc. Gamefreak put in Ash's Pokémon into Red's character because those six pokémon are quite powerful when not trained to that high of a level (especially if you EV train Pokémon while leveling up)... and like Slow said, they just wanted to give Red Pokémon that people could recognize as Ash (because Red's Anime Counterpart is Ash, as is Blue/Gary, etc...) It gives people the option to bridge both worlds

SlowPokemon

Got to playing my Explorers of Sky a while ago today... I am now in the future. Phanpy Lv30, Meowth Lv29

DrP

I stopped playing. Im soooo busy reconstructing my wiki page on bulbapedia... but itll be SOOOO awesome when its finished!

Oni-Link

Quote from: drpamplemousse on August 07, 2010, 06:42:06 PMI stopped playing. Im soooo busy reconstructing my wiki page on bulbapedia... but itll be SOOOO awesome when its finished!
But will it be constructive to the whole site?

Roz~

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 07, 2010, 06:33:59 PMGot to playing my Explorers of Sky a while ago today... I am now in the future. Phanpy Lv30, Meowth Lv29

Should buy it. I had EoD, but lost it.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

DrP

Quote from: Oni-Link on August 07, 2010, 06:54:04 PMBut will it be constructive to the whole site?

nope, but it was almost the same design for 2 years... i needed to do some under the hood changes and make it graphically appealing! I've done my share of synopses for anime shows!