What are you playing right now?

Started by ALPRAS, July 14, 2009, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

I'm playing LeafGreen before I play HeartGold. Going chronological, y'all. :3
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Oni-Link

SlowPokemon

Is it, though? The events of G/S take place three years after R/B.

That's why Red is freakishly strong. :P

Oni-Link

Let's not forget to mention the fact that he has higher-leveled pokemon than the Elite 4 Champion in any of the regions so far, doesn't talk, and is so badass that he trains his Pokemon in a mountain that is off limits to anyone that does not have permission from Oak.
Alone.
At the summit.

SlowPokemon

Yeah... his team is not all that great though. Obviously the three starters are nice, but Pikachu, Lapras and Snorlax are not that great imho

Oni-Link

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 02, 2010, 11:35:07 AMYeah... his team is not all that great though. Obviously the three starters are nice, but Pikachu, Lapras and Snorlax are not that great imho
Lapras is actually pretty tough for some people.
Most my Pokemon were level 100 so he was about medium, though.
He's not as hard as the trainers in the Battle Frontier, since they HAVE to be at the same level you do.

SlowPokemon

Yeah, and so is Snorlax I guess. But Pikachu is average at best.

Roz~

His team includes his anime team, so that's cool with me. Still haven't beaten him yet.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

SlowPokemon

What? You haven't beaten him yet?

:P I guess some people like to train really high before beating him.

Anyone know if you can face him again? Haven't tried, and I think you can't unfortunately.

Oni-Link

Quote from: Roz~ on August 02, 2010, 11:37:06 AMHis team includes his anime team, so that's cool with me. Still haven't beaten him yet.
Red is still better than Ash, even though Ash is based on Red.
Still, it takes like 20< episodes for ash to get 1 freaking badge.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Oni-Link on August 02, 2010, 11:39:52 AMRed is still better than Ash, even though Ash is based on Red.

Noooope. Red is based on Ash, actually, not the other way around. Ash was a Pokemon trainer from the anime, and the Pokemon game creators like to model the games after the anime. Coincidence that Red has all of Ash's Pokemon? I think know not.

I read it somewhere. :P

Oni-Link

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 02, 2010, 11:43:09 AMNoooope. Red is based on Ash, actually, not the other way around. Ash was a Pokemon trainer from the anime, and the Pokemon game creators like to model the games after the anime. Coincidence that Red has all of Ash's Pokemon? I think know not.

I read it somewhere. :P
Well you read wrong.
The game came before the anime, dummy.

Roz~

Quote from: Oni-Link on August 02, 2010, 11:39:52 AMRed is still better than Ash, even though Ash is based on Red.

Yeah, that sucks. Usually 18 of them are random things happening to them, and during the other 2 a Pokemon evolves. Woo.

Quote from: Oni-Link on August 02, 2010, 11:44:37 AMWell you read wrong.
The game came before the anime, dummy.

Yeah, but since so many people thought Red is in fact Ash - kinda like in Pokemon Yellow - they must have given Ash's anime team for that reason. I think.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Oni-Link

If SlowPokemon researched this topic instead of some stupid person's opinions, you'd know this.
Pokemon Red/Blue = 1996
Pokemon (Anime) = 1997

Cobraroll

Red's team has potential, but he does little with it. Why not do like the trainer in Trainer House and use Pokémon who set up? Like 99% of all the pro battlers? If that Lapras had used Calm Mind, for instance, or Venusaur Swords Dance, and they had actually held items that would help their case, it would have been a lot better. They should make him hard to beat, not just moderately difficult.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.