News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

What are you playing right now?

Started by ALPRAS, July 14, 2009, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roz~

You just said it yourself, you still mess your brain a little with those riddles. The game's graphics make it looks like it's a game designed for children. However, kids probably wouldn't be able to solve the riddles in that game. L'habit ne fait pas le moine.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Oni-Link

DrP

Quote from: Roz~ on July 24, 2010, 05:33:54 PML'habit ne fait pas le moine.

I do have a french grammatical question. I know im going out on a limb here, but shouldn't it technically be L'habit ne fait pas DE moine... please explain this to me!! (i know the saying already... just no one has answered this question for me)

And have you seen my overly-grand retraction to my comment on PMD?

SlowPokemon

My top three video game series:

1. Pokemon
2. Mario
3. Professor Layton

Most of my favorite games are Pokemon or Mario, but Professor Layton, despite the fact that only two games have been released in the U.S...

The storyline and replay value (not to mention the epic music) in both of those games, plus the fact that there are five games and one movie released in Japan, are enough to tell me that this is a very promising series. :) They're incredibly addicting, and tremendously well done. The animated cutscenes especially leave me speechless. And I love the bonuses at the end that let you watch the clips over and listen to the music tracks.

I'm a Professor Layton fanatic... if I can be called that after playing two games.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Roz~

Quote from: drpamplemousse on July 24, 2010, 05:59:54 PMI do have a french grammatical question. I know im going out on a limb here, but shouldn't it technically be L'habit ne fait pas DE moine... please explain this to me!! (i know the saying already... just no one has answered this question for me)

I'll do some literal translations here, just to show you the difference.  
L'habit ne fait pas le moine ~> The habit does not make the monk.
L'habit ne fait pas de moine ~> The habit does not make a monk.

I think it's pretty obvious when put that way. :P

Le/la/les usually are the equivalent of "the" in English, if I'm not mistaken. That's why, in that case, we say l'habit ne fait pas le moine.
...It's really painful to try and explain French grammar in English. x)

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 24, 2010, 06:13:54 PMI'm a Professor Layton fanatic... if I can be called that after playing two games.

Same here, except I'm a Phoenix Wright fanatic. What else can you do when games are awesome?
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

DrP

Pas de probleme... if that's right.

First pokemon just hit of 60!

Oni-Link

Found out that they play the original Team Rocket theme (the 8-bit version) on the radio on Sundays.

SlowPokemon

No, they play an album with a whole bunch of original 8-bit songs on Sundays. Every time you click off, then on, that station, it changes.

Oni-Link

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 25, 2010, 10:02:46 AMNo, they play an album with a whole bunch of original 8-bit songs on Sundays. Every time you click off, then on, that station, it changes.
I KNOW, gosh. Team Rocket's theme included >:[

SlowPokemon

lol no need to get mad

I thought you were saying that was the only one - when I first turned it on, I thought the only one they played was Professor Oak's Theme.

I'm not calling you stupid or anything. :)

DrP

I forgot about the GBP... well, back to celadon then!

Oni-Link

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 25, 2010, 10:10:46 AMlol no need to get mad

I thought you were saying that was the only one - when I first turned it on, I thought the only one they played was Professor Oak's Theme.

I'm not calling you stupid or anything. :)
I didn't get mad, I just thought you thought I didn't know.

SlowPokemon

The GB Sounds is the most amazing item ever!

And I know this is going to provoke a bit of hate comments, but I like the Goldenrod remix waaay better than the original.

I like the new New Bark Town as well.

Most everything was better done, really. I especially love the new Ecruteak and Cianwood. Ecruteak's is better, but Cianwood is so...peaceful.

Quote from: Oni-Link on July 25, 2010, 10:48:06 AMI didn't get mad, I just thought you thought I didn't know.

Understood. :)

DrP

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 25, 2010, 10:49:37 AMThe GB Sounds is the most amazing item ever!

And I know this is going to provoke a bit of hate comments, but I like the Goldenrod remix waaay better than the original.

I like the new New Bark Town as well.

Most everything was better done, really. I especially love the new Ecruteak and Cianwood. Ecruteak's is better, but Cianwood is so...peaceful.

Understood. :)

BOOOOOO! hahaha
I love to old Goldenrod sooooooo much better, but that's just me. they made it more... bouncy

Ecruteak was really nice and Cianwood can put you to sleep if listened for a ten minute loop.

What I really do love is the Viridian/Pewter/Saffron theme... I so want to play that on vibes right now its not funny!
The new Celadon theme is messed up... sounds too... marching band esque (though marching band music isnt bad... its just not fitting here when everything else is sort of a jazzy feel)

SlowPokemon

I like the FireRed/LeafGreen remix of Celadon better because... correct me if I'm wrong... it's supposed to feel relaxed and pleasant, and they made it too carnival-ish, and like a march.