News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

What are you playing right now?

Started by ALPRAS, July 14, 2009, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

I don't play Zelda games very much. Please don't put me down for that. :P

I have played Ocarina of Time. But I prefer Mario and Pokemon.

I respect that Zelda games are amazing and all, though. It's not like I'm saying you're an idiot if you play them.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Oni-Link

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 24, 2010, 12:05:42 PMI don't play Zelda games very much. Please don't put me down for that. :P

I respect that Zelda games are amazing and all, though. It's not like I'm saying you're an idiot if you play them.
Meh, I won't get mad for you preferring Mario/Pokemon over Zelda. My favorite series go in this order:
1. Zelda
2. Pokemon
3. Mario

DrP

Quote from: Oni-Link on July 24, 2010, 10:58:01 AMOf course, they should be hard. They're like a mixture of Puzzle and Action-Adventure.

I know right? They aren't crazy hard, but i've come across certain challenges (especially in Spirit Tracks, WW, and TP), but I was able to get through them all.

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on July 24, 2010, 11:59:12 AMThis means you're dumb and cannot figure out simple puzzles.

Me, dumb? You're sorely mistaken, bub.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 24, 2010, 12:05:42 PMI don't play Zelda games very much. Please don't put me down for that. :P

Everyone has what they like! I personally prefer LoZ to Pokémon (but that's because OoT was the first Nintendo VG i played EVER), and Pokémon has surpassed my Mario thing after Gen II was released.

EDIT: oh no, Oni-Link stole my ranking order for different video game series!! AHHH! I'm agreeing here FYI

SlowPokemon

My first video game that I played was, I think, either Super Smash Bros. or Super Mario 64.

My first Pokemon game was Ruby, but I liked Silver better. I got Silver before I beat Ruby.

My first video game that I owned was Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets for GBA. I have that game to this day, and it's actually pretty fun. Nowadays most games based on movies are absolute crap.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DrP

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 24, 2010, 12:32:15 PMMy first video game that I played was, I think, either Super Smash Bros. or Super Mario 64.

My first Pokemon game was Ruby, but I liked Silver better. I got Silver before I beat Ruby.

My first video game that I owned was Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets for GBA. I have that game to this day, and it's actually pretty fun. Nowadays most games based on movies are absolute crap.

I agree. Goldeneye 007 was a great game, though!

My first video game ever was Spyro for PSX... the original one. I miss all my PSX games (i just cant find the power cord)

Cobraroll

^One thing with 'eye, though:

Look at the time between the movie release and the game's release.

Most games based on movies are rushed, to tie with the movie's release. Quality is not important, what matters is that the game markets the movie and vice versa. Goldeneye took the premise of a long since released movie and turned it into a great game. More game makers should do that. Look at the LOTR games, or the Star Wars games, for example. Playing on the movie universe rather than the story.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

DrP

Still. If they only are able to start work on a video game earlier to create a better game. I only saw GoldenEye for the first time... oh 2 days ago (well, all the way through for that matter). but the game is pretty awesome, too!

Oni-Link

Quote from: Oni-Link on July 24, 2010, 12:11:26 PMMy favorite series go in this order:
1. Zelda
2. Pokemon
3. Mario
Actually, it's this:
1. Zelda
2. Mega Man
3. Pokemon

DrP

Quote from: Oni-Link on July 24, 2010, 03:39:05 PMActually, it's this:
1. Zelda
2. Mega Man
3. Pokemon

I've never played any Mega Man stuff. I'm not a huge Capcom fan anywho; im not a huge fan of the guy in a robotic suit (girl in a robot suit is different)... but i may give it a try one of these days just for giggles

Roz~

My first game was Lufia & the Fortress of Doom, such an amazing RPG <3 I was 3 at the time and didn't understand anything, but damn I loved that game.

Quote from: drpamplemousse on July 24, 2010, 04:24:25 PMI've never played any Mega Man stuff. I'm not a huge Capcom fan anywho; im not a huge fan of the guy in a robotic suit (girl in a robot suit is different)... but i may give it a try one of these days just for giggles

You should. Mega Man games are amazing. You know, the more I see you talking about video games, the more I feel like you've wrong assumptions about them. And Zelda games are actually pretty easy. The only hard thing is the damn water temple in OoT. ;_;
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Oni-Link

Quote from: Roz~ on July 24, 2010, 04:28:31 PMAnd Zelda games are actually pretty easy. The only hard thing is the damn water temple in OoT. ;_;
God I hated that dungeon.

Roz~

I was 6 when I first beat the game, and IIRC it took me a week to be able to get to the boss. Of course now it's easier, but it still pisses me off. I hope it'll be a little easier on the 3DS.

DrP

Quote from: Roz~ on July 24, 2010, 04:28:31 PMMy first game was Lufia & the Fortress of Doom, such an amazing RPG <3 I was 3 at the time and didn't understand anything, but damn I loved that game.

You should. Mega Man games are amazing. You know, the more I see you talking about video games, the more I feel like you've wrong assumptions about them. And Zelda games are actually pretty easy. The only hard thing is the damn water temple in OoT. ;_;

There are reasons why I have wrong assumptions... because I dont know anything about them. im just assuming by title or by pictures i've seen. I've never been a huge vg nerd like some people (im not pointing fingers here)... im just good at the video games i happen to really play. I try an give the best I know to my knowledge

And i was just giving an example that LoZ games are harder (and require more thought) than Mario games.
And yes, that Water Temple was FREAKING hard... plus it kind of creeps me out a little. i hate those crab things (their name is escaping me) and the clams... and the spiky things. working with only the hookshot/longshot under water was kinda tough (because im not the best at the aiming thing)

Roz~

I don't know anything about Professor Layton's games, yet I'm not assuming it's for children/boring. You never know until you try.

And yeah, I hate those fiends too.

DrP

Quote from: Roz~ on July 24, 2010, 05:08:36 PMI don't know anything about Professor Layton's games, yet I'm not assuming it's for children/boring. You never know until you try.

And yeah, I hate those fiends too.

Yep... in my business, you have to make assumptions for everything (its an economist's job to assume)... but i know i shouldn't in these cases

I have played Professor Layton and the Curious village for a bit, and it IS geared towards younger teenagers, but I can still mess with my brain a little with those riddles. Not to mention i like the scenery and stuff... it reminds me of un petit village in France... and the music is pretty cool!

from now on, if i say something that is an eyeraiser... just ignore it (unless its in all caps... then i probably mean it)