News:

It's not Opposite Day.

Main Menu

What are you playing right now?

Started by ALPRAS, July 14, 2009, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALPRAS

And finally someone who thinks Portugal is not a part from Brasil/Brazil! LOL

I want to finish SMG2 first, then Ill return to MK. I have about 8200 points...

DrP

Brazil came from Portugal!

Have fun finishing SMG II, especially if you beat the game. You're going to love the cut scene after you beat bowser!

ALPRAS

Yap. Ive heard so many stupid thing like "Portugal? Its a spanish/brazilian province right?" or "Portugal is in Africa"....

Well, I almost dont like Super Mario ends because of their predictability...
I miss the real good Super Mario games, like SM64 or SM Sunshine. Those were really hard and challenging. The Galaxy saga has more stars (a bit more than the double) but the levels can be beaten in 2,5 or 10 mins... In the other games the stars were harder to get and the levels were bigger and has more stars (8 or 7 in each level). This games are now very easy to beat and the levels (although the levels are really well created), they are very small and with so many little stars in each level that you cant appreciate them well...

universe-X

My thoughts exactly. There's not much exploration in SMG2 with only 2-3 stars in each galaxy.

SlowPokemon

Random subject change...

Super Mario 64... I was playing it recently...

I love the open-air feeling of Super Mario 64... I feel like there's so much more to explore than what you do.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DrP

Quote from: ALPRAS on July 17, 2010, 03:00:21 AMYap. Ive heard so many stupid thing like "Portugal? Its a spanish/brazilian province right?" or "Portugal is in Africa"....

Well, I almost dont like Super Mario ends because of their predictability...
I miss the real good Super Mario games, like SM64 or SM Sunshine. Those were really hard and challenging. The Galaxy saga has more stars (a bit more than the double) but the levels can be beaten in 2,5 or 10 mins... In the other games the stars were harder to get and the levels were bigger and has more stars (8 or 7 in each level). This games are now very easy to beat and the levels (although the levels are really well created), they are very small and with so many little stars in each level that you cant appreciate them well...

Yep! I agree. I loved the games like Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine, where there were fewer levels, but you can collect like 8 stars in each level

And only idiots think Portugal is in Africa (and I have to admit, Portugal is better than Spain... because Lisbon so beats Madrid!)

ALPRAS

Probably thats one of the reasons Ive prefered SMG1 to this one...

I didnt like Spain when I went there...

DrP

Yep, and I liked the galaxy domes instead of moving through a world map!

universe-X

The world map I kinda like, but it's tedious if you plan on doing a speedrun :P

SlowPokemon

Quote from: universe-X on July 17, 2010, 12:54:58 PMThe world map I kinda like, but it's tedious if you plan on doing a speedrun :P

Yeah, agreed....

Still, it helps people beat Bowser when they GET to him, rather than do a whole bunch more stars. ;P

DrP

They went back to the classic mario... i remember when i was in kindergarten, back before super mario 64 was really populat and all the 3rd and 4th graders hogged the NES... my has video gaming changed since then (this was back in 1997)

ALPRAS

The world map isnt pratical and its ugly. Its just a "detail" to make it retro and use the same world map system of the first NES Mario games... Like de side-scoll parts. I hate when they use retro things in games...

DrP

I like it, but in an offshoot, less mainstream version of a game. New games need to be new throughout (well, for about 95% new)

SlowPokemon

Quote from: drpamplemousse on July 17, 2010, 03:35:14 PMI like it, but in an offshoot, less mainstream version of a game. New games need to be new throughout (well, for about 95% new)

I'm fine with everything new, as long as they remix the Mario theme and underground theme. ;D

DrP