News:

NinSheetMusic is 1264 years old!

Main Menu

What are you playing right now?

Started by ALPRAS, July 14, 2009, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Quote from: drpamplemousse on July 12, 2010, 07:56:13 PMNot to mention Petal Dance, eventually causes confusion (but the pokémon can hold a berry to eradicate the problem)

Favorite Parts
Kanto - Probably Viridian cause it feels welcoming and Celadon cause it really has too much going on... dept store, game corner, gym, apartment building
Johto -  Azalea Town (cause my favorite tree flower is an Azalea) or Ecruteak, cause there's so much history there and the bell tower outside is STUNNING
Hoenn - Mossdeep City (cause space exploration is amazing) or Rustboro, cause it reminds me of Seattle (my favorite US city)
Sinnoh - Veilstone (cause its like Celadon... and kinda shady!) or Canalave, cause it feels like a place close to home (and probably fresh sushi out of the water)
lol I completely forgot about Mossdeep...
I also like Littleroot. Oldale is cool for me
I liked Pallet, New Bark and Littleroot as first towns because they had a "homey" feeling Twinleaf didn't. Anybody know what I mean?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Roz~

Yeah, I do. Mine would be Pallet Town. Just 'cause it's Pallet Town.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

DrP

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 12, 2010, 08:02:17 PMlol I completely forgot about Mossdeep...
I also like Littleroot. Oldale is cool for me
I liked Pallet, New Bark and Littleroot as first towns because they had a "homey" feeling Twinleaf didn't. Anybody know what I mean?

Same! Sandgem had more of a homey feel!!

universe-X

Quote from: drpamplemousse on July 12, 2010, 10:57:16 AM(but its better than typing on a wii)

lol, sorry, but typing on the wii isn't that bothersome, considering you can hook up a keyboard to it xP

Roz~

It is when you don't have a keyboard to hook up to your Wii.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

DrP

I forgot the Wii has USB ports!!!

Cobraroll

My favourite towns?

Kanto - Pewter, Lavender, Fuschia or perhaps even Cinnabar. Those are the places I would really want to visit in real life, not that there's much to do there in the games. Game-wise, Celadon wins it for me.

Johto - Blackthorn or Olivine. Mahogany is cozy as well. Cianwood looks just depressing. Game-wise, Goldenrod.

Hoenn - Slateport, no doubt. Then Mossdeep and Lilycove. Hoenn has so many nice coastal towns!

Sinnoh - Mixed bag, this. I never got to like Sinnoh that much. Don't know why, it's just not as atmospheric as the others. Possible Canalave, as you said, but I don't really like that one much either. Jubilife could have been way better, if they had given it a more central location and more things to do. Right now, it's just a big ghost town.

Orre - Gateon Port, or Pyrite Town. Oh, the atmosphere of Pyrite! The Under is cool too.

Least favourite, thrown in for good measure:

Kanto - Viridian. Not really much to do there. Generic town.

Johto - Cherrygrove. Viridian clone. Also, Violet isn't a favourite of mine. Neither is Cianwood.

Hoenn - Oldale. Really, the only city with nothing to do in, not close to any secret base locations, and a clone of Viridian.

Sinnoh - Jubilife. It has potential, but ends up being a chost town. The Global Terminal might be there, but that's it. It's not close to anything, you can't buy or do anything there, and why the bell didn't it get the Dept. Store? Contest hall? Other than that, Sandgem. Really, Game Freak, we don't need Viridian City in every game. Sunyshore is not cool either. The walkways kinda ruin the city. If they had made it more like Sootopolis, carved the roads carefully into the cliffs while minimal damage to them, instead of plonking a road over them, it would have been a lot better.

Orre - Hmm... Phenac, perhaps. It's not a bad place, but it's the least awesome of the (very few) towns and cities in Orre.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Maretocks

I am playing the game of life.

Leave no room for video games. :'(
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

SlowPokemon

Right, forgot a few places...
Orre - Agate Village/Pyrite Town/The Under (does that qualify?)
Fiore - Summerland
Almia - Vientown
Oblivia and Isshu - TBA ;)

SuperFireKirby

I'm playing a freeware Diablo clone called ShadowFlare. It's suprisingly good.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

So... I beat Bowletta in Superstar Saga.
That is to say, Bowletta was ridiculously easy, but I lost to Cackletta's evil ghost. In case you haven't noticed, the three games have many thing in common.

-Being sucked into giant things' stomachs. (All three)
-Fighting the final bosses back to back (Partners in Time/Superstar Saga)
-Professor E. Gadd is involved (Partners in Time/Superstar Saga
-Bowser is possessed by the villain (Partners in Time/Superstar Saga)

There are a whole many more plot twists that are reused, but I don't feel like listing them all.

DrP

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 13, 2010, 09:46:29 AMSo... I beat Bowletta in Superstar Saga.
That is to say, Bowletta was ridiculously easy, but I lost to Cackletta's evil ghost. In case you haven't noticed, the three games have many thing in common.

-Being sucked into giant things' stomachs. (All three)
-Fighting the final bosses back to back (Partners in Time/Superstar Saga)
-Professor E. Gadd is involved (Partners in Time/Superstar Saga
-Bowser is possessed by the villain (Partners in Time/Superstar Saga)

There are a whole many more plot twists that are reused, but I don't feel like listing them all.

Yep, what a pity. At least Bower's Inside Story was a little more original!!
Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 13, 2010, 04:21:27 AMRight, forgot a few places...
Orre - Agate Village/Pyrite Town/The Under (does that qualify?)
Fiore - Summerland
Almia - Vientown
Oblivia and Isshu - TBA ;)

Forgot about Orre!! Haven't played Gale of Darkness, but Pyrite and the Under are my favorite!!
Quote from: Cobraroll on July 13, 2010, 01:28:44 AMCobraroll's long list of towns and cities

I agree, the coastal towns are nice in Hoenn, but im not a huge fan of the coast (growing up on it with crazed people my age obsessed with the beach and all... me, not a huge fan... so that instantly let out Vermilion, Slateport (music is pretty cool)... the more laid back towns and cities there)

But i see your point with Viridian, its nothing... maybe someday in Gen VII or something it may have another purpose somehow! But my response to Viridian is probably the best I could offer... its welcoming and a gateway to the beginning of an adventure (though Pallet Town shares that responsibility, too)

and why does everything go on while I'm asleep... its not funny (though it is pretty funny when I find out I have 10 responses to reply to)

SlowPokemon

Yeah... while you're sleeping, we're waiting for you to wake up. T.T

So.

DrP

yep. i understand completely! hahaha,  but im up until its about 5 AM where you are (and then I wake up when its about... NOW... i need to get to bed early)

In gaming news: Just entered the rocket hideout (caught a red gyrados at lake rage... that was a HARD one... haha, and Entei appeared to me and me gots it (using about 30 ultra balls and a couple of timer balls)

SlowPokemon

Umm... Entei didn't flee right away? Or, if you used block, it didn't use roar?

...Or did you use a Wobbuffet?