News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

What are you playing right now?

Started by ALPRAS, July 14, 2009, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobraroll

One word: STAB. Same Type Attack Bonus.

Porygon-Z's Hyper Beam is boosted by its Adaptability, making attacks of its own type twice as strong (normally only 1.5 x). You sure know this. Alakazam doesn't get STAB on Hyper Beam, and doesn't learn any Psychic attack with a base power of 150 or upwards.

Rampardos' Giga Impact would have a base power of 150 coming off 471 attack, whereas Slaking's would have a base power of 225, coming off 460 attack, thanks to STAB.

Anyway, I'm sure Rampardos' Head Smash is way up there, as he gets STAB on it. Base Power 225, coming off 471 attack, choiced... still no match for Ursaring's Explosion, though. Base power 375 coming off almost 590 attack, and choiced.

Sorry for ranting back.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

DrP

I forgot about STAB...

and no problem about ranting. People need to have discussions to prove the second strongest Pokémon. The Pokémon creators do need to make either a 100 attack or higher move for Psychic and Dark Types... they're getting the short end of the stick on a bunch of things

SlowPokemon

Venusaur and Gardevoir are levels 41-43.

Right now Venusaur knows Double-Edge, PoisonPowder, Leech Seed, and Petal Dance.

Here's what I'm considering for final Venusaur move set -
Toxic (good in any case), Leech Seed (LOOOOVE this move), Petal Dance (for a decent STAB attack), and either Sludge Bomb (if I'm going for a slightly more offensive set) or Swagger/Substitute (for more defensive).

Defensive-wise - Good moves, but fairly useless against another Grass/Poison-type.

Offensive-wise - Thinking about teaching it Petal Dance, Sludge Bomb, third special move (would go with Double Edge but its Sp Atk is far higher) such as Hyper Beam, and then keeping Toxic if I can get the TM or Leech Seed.

Any suggestions (please try to do so without criticizing my previously mentioned ideas)?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Roz~

Hmm, if you really want to play with Leech Seed, then you may want to go with a support moveset consisting of
-Sleep Powder
-Leech Seed
-Sludge Bomb
For the last slot I'd suggest Energy Ball since Venusaur Sp.Atk is higher than is Atk, so it'd be better to teach it special moves, unless you plan to teach it Swords Dance. You might want to teach it Petal Dance instead of EB.
I think that could be a good moveset given the kind of moves you want to use.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

DrP

I agree, Energy Ball would be a better bet for Venusaur. It's my favorite offensive grass move (other than solarbeam, of course)

SlowPokemon

Great suggestions, guys! I appreciate it :)

This reply would most likely be longer but I'm posting it from my DS, it's irritating to type lol

Roz~

I hear you, it's as bad as typing on a Wii  :D

universe-X

105 stars on Super Mario Galaxy 2. So close, yet so far...

EDIT: You get used to typing on a DS. ;)

DrP

ive added a few posts from my iPod touch... but my DS should have better typing since the screen is bigger (but its better than typing on a wii)

SlowPokemon

Typing on a Wii would be TORTURE!
With the DS, you're actually touching the letters... none of that stupid motion stuff.

I say "WOULD BE torture" because I haven't used my Wii's internet because my Wi-Fi works for my DS but not for my Wii. o_-

Strange.

But you already know my Wii has problems. ;)

DrP

yep you have the Malladus Wii... haha

I went on facebook once from my wii... pretty cool, but it took me about a minute to type my login info into the fields

My DSi internet has no problems... and cause its on a bigger screen, its all good! They came out with a blue one and im mad... im stuck with a pink one (actually, more a merlot color (which I like))

Just arrived in Olivine City (after perfecting Voltorb Flip in an hour)... im ready to sail to Cianwood!

SlowPokemon

Quote from: drpamplemousse on July 11, 2010, 07:13:13 PMI agree, Energy Ball would be a better bet for Venusaur. It's my favorite offensive grass move (other than solarbeam, of course)

You know Petal Dance has 90 power, right? And Energy Ball has 80?

Energy ball is probably my favorite grass type move as well because it's practical (second to SolarBeam, mimicking you ;)) but I'll save the tm and keep Petal Dance with Venusaur. :P

Quote from: drpamplemousse on July 12, 2010, 07:16:24 PMyep you have the Malladus Wii... haha

I went on facebook once from my wii... pretty cool, but it took me about a minute to type my login info into the fields

My DSi internet has no problems... and cause its on a bigger screen, its all good! They came out with a blue one and im mad... im stuck with a pink one (actually, more a merlot color (which I like))

Just arrived in Olivine City (after perfecting Voltorb Flip in an hour)... im ready to sail to Cianwood!

Congratulations!
...What's y'all's favorite city/town in all the regions? (Not music, actual town ;))

Mine...
Kanto - Lavender Town because of the lonely feeling I get there, and Celadon because of the fun atmosphere.
Johto - Azalea because it feels...cozy, peaceful, and homelike, and Ecruteak because of same reasons of Lavender. There's also one patch of ground in Ecruteak that makes me sad. It has the "Welcome to Ecruteak" sign on it, and there's a huge patch of ground that is more than big enough for a house... but there is none. Gets me wondering what used to be there? Someone's house, maybe? Was it burned down in the fire that consumed Burned Tower? Are there sad spirits haunting the grounds? :P Or is that just me?
Hoenn - Sootopolis because it feels mystic...
Sinnoh - Canalave because of the library ;)

Sorry if this is off-topic, just a thought...

Roz~

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 12, 2010, 07:27:32 PMYou know Petal Dance has 90 power, right? And Energy Ball has 80?

Energy ball is probably my favorite grass type move as well because it's practical (second to SolarBeam, mimicking you ;)) but I'll save the tm and keep Petal Dance with Venusaur. :P

Base power of a move is not everything you know. You must think about other things while "creating" a moveset for you mons. ;) Even if it is stronger, you're locked on Petal Dance for 2-3 turns, which can be against you sometimes, especially if you'd need to sleep powder or leech seed a foe.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Roz~ on July 12, 2010, 07:37:53 PMBase power of a move is not everything you know. You must think about other things while "creating" a moveset for you mons. ;) Even if it is stronger, you're locked on Petal Dance for 2-3 turns, which can be against you sometimes, especially if you'd need to sleep powder or leech seed a foe.
Aha! Now I get what you're saying!
Thanks. I misunderstood.
Out of curiosity, would the repeat petal dances be powered up by a Metronome? Does that count? (same for rollout)

DrP

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 12, 2010, 07:27:32 PMYou know Petal Dance has 90 power, right? And Energy Ball has 80?

Congratulations!
...What's y'all's favorite city/town in all the regions? (Not music, actual town ;))

Mine...
Kanto - Lavender Town because of the lonely feeling I get there, and Celadon because of the fun atmosphere.
Johto - Azalea because it feels...cozy, peaceful, and homelike, and Ecruteak because of same reasons of Lavender. There's also one patch of ground in Ecruteak that makes me sad. It has the "Welcome to Ecruteak" sign on it, and there's a huge patch of ground that is more than big enough for a house... but there is none. Gets me wondering what used to be there? Someone's house, maybe? Was it burned down in the fire that consumed Burned Tower? Are there sad spirits haunting the grounds? :P Or is that just me?
Hoenn - Sootopolis because it feels mystic...
Sinnoh - Canalave because of the library ;)

Sorry if this is off-topic, just a thought...

Not to mention Petal Dance, eventually causes confusion (but the pokémon can hold a berry to eradicate the problem)

Favorite Parts
Kanto - Probably Viridian cause it feels welcoming and Celadon cause it really has too much going on... dept store, game corner, gym, apartment building
Johto -  Azalea Town (cause my favorite tree flower is an Azalea) or Ecruteak, cause there's so much history there and the bell tower outside is STUNNING
Hoenn - Mossdeep City (cause space exploration is amazing) or Rustboro, cause it reminds me of Seattle (my favorite US city)
Sinnoh - Veilstone (cause its like Celadon... and kinda shady!) or Canalave, cause it feels like a place close to home (and probably fresh sushi out of the water)