News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

What are you playing right now?

Started by ALPRAS, July 14, 2009, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrP

Cool! I think I will get a Bulbasaur when I beat red in HG. I also think that I will restart my SoulSilver in September when I get bored in college.

Arrgh (I smell like charcoal)... mmm burgers <---haha, totally random

I want to restart Emerald, but I have to get all the good Pokémon off first

SlowPokemon

I trained a Shuckle to level 54 in Emerald - Shuckle has the best Def/Sp.Def in the game in case you didn't know - and it knew Attract, Rest, Protect, and...get this...TOXIC. Also had the Sturdy ability. I then found out about the cloning glitch and got like eight of them! I was going to migrate one or two to my Platinum before restarting, but I forgot and deleted the game.  :(
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DrP

I knew that... I'm a Pokémon expert. I contributed a lot to Bulbapedia.

AND im a good little boy, so i dont use the cloning glitch

Roz~

You guys should keep the pokemon conversation for a pokemon topic. Just saying.
And I must say, I kinda lol'd @ pokemon expert. No offense there mate.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

DrP

Quote from: Roz~ on July 09, 2010, 07:50:15 PMYou guys should keep the pokemon conversation for a pokemon topic. Just saying.
And I must say, I kinda lol'd @ pokemon expert. No offense there mate.

well, we are playing pokémon games, just saying!

and none taken... bulbapedia loves me

Cobraroll

I once thought about joining Bulbapedia, but it seems like most of what can be said there has been said already, and most of the conversations and discussions are on the lowest of the low noob-levels (Hi u guyz sen pkmn black&wite they r new games lolz). So I'm staying off for now.

Question to a Pokémon expert: What is the second strongest move in the game? After Shuckle's Rollout given the right conditions? It has always bugged me.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

SlowPokemon

There's Porygon-Z's Hyper Beam ;P
I think that's strongest special attack.

Quote from: drpamplemousse on July 09, 2010, 07:30:53 PMAND im a good little boy, so i dont use the cloning glitch

Neither do I, I typically don't cheat. That was the one time. ;)
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Roz~

The cloning thing is not necessarily cheating. I use it so I can keep a copy of my Pokemon when I need to trade. They still are legit.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

DrP

Quote from: Cobraroll on July 10, 2010, 01:50:06 AMI once thought about joining Bulbapedia, but it seems like most of what can be said there has been said already, and most of the conversations and discussions are on the lowest of the low noob-levels (Hi u guyz sen pkmn black&wite they r new games lolz). So I'm staying off for now.

Question to a Pokémon expert: What is the second strongest move in the game? After Shuckle's Rollout given the right conditions? It has always bugged me.

They aren't like that. they really have good, detailed information!

And aside from what slow Pokémon said, given the right circumstances Miltank's Giga Impact its pretty strong

Cobraroll

Those are the ones I've come up with:

Kyogre's Water Spout with Choice Specs in the rain

Poisoned Guts Ursaring with Choice Band uses Metronome and gets Explosion (I've done some calculations and this seems like the strongest of the bunch)

Guts Machamp's Focus Punch while burned and yielding Choice Band

Choice Band Breloom's 1 HP Reversal

Choice Band Swarm Scizor's 5th Fury Cutter

And as for my slating of Bulbapedia, I mainly meant the forums and their Facebook Page. I love the wiki, but I tend to stand off Pokémon forums in general. The Serebii forums are even worse.

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

DrP

Quote from: Cobraroll on July 11, 2010, 02:33:29 AMThose are the ones I've come up with:
And as for my slating of Bulbapedia, I mainly meant the forums and their Facebook Page. I love the wiki, but I tend to stand off Pokémon forums in general. The Serebii forums are even worse.

It's bad. I went in just to check it out one day... never again will I enter into Pokémon forums... and I'll take your word for Serebii

Good choices with the Pokémon, its hard to find a "second" strongest Pokémon

Cobraroll

I think Smogon could help with this issue if I asked them, but... well, I'm busy enough with forums already, don't wish to join another one.

Also, I think Hippowdon's Spit Up with 3 stockpiles is up there (can't be choiced, though, but with a Silk Scarf, you get almost the same effect). As is any Ice Ball/Rollout, because of the massive power it racks up eventually.

DrP

Quote from: Cobraroll on July 11, 2010, 11:28:07 AMI think Smogon could help with this issue if I asked them, but... well, I'm busy enough with forums already, don't wish to join another one.

Also, I think Hippowdon's Spit Up with 3 stockpiles is up there (can't be choiced, though, but with a Silk Scarf, you get almost the same effect). As is any Ice Ball/Rollout, because of the massive power it racks up eventually.

Forgot about Hippowdon... but a properly trained Miltank with Rollout and Giga Impact, and your a dead man

Cobraroll

Why Miltank?

Spit Up has base power 300 with 3 stockpiles. Take that off Hippowdon's 355 attack, boosted by a Silk Scarf (or Life Orb, that's stronger)

Other Giga Impact abusers include Slaking, with an attack stat almost twice the one of Miltank, and Snorlax, who outclasses Miltank in almost every aspect (bar recovery). Smogon is down at the moment so I can't check, but I can't come up with any reasons why Miltank's attacks should be at the top, strength-wise.

DrP

Quote from: Cobraroll on July 11, 2010, 11:54:05 AMWhy Miltank?

Spit Up has base power 300 with 3 stockpiles. Take that off Hippowdon's 355 attack, boosted by a Silk Scarf (or Life Orb, that's stronger)

Other Giga Impact abusers include Slaking, with an attack stat almost twice the one of Miltank, and Snorlax, who outclasses Miltank in almost every aspect (bar recovery). Smogon is down at the moment so I can't check, but I can't come up with any reasons why Miltank's attacks should be at the top, strength-wise.

I said GIVEN THE RIGHT CONDITIONS... of course Miltank can't pull it off, but we can't talk at level 100 in all cases, you know.. if you want level 100, then Hippowdon would be strong. I have to admit, Theres a few Pokémon I really cant vouch for cause I have either never trained them, or just never really studied them (and Hippowdon and Slaking are both in that category). I stick to other then normal or ground types normally. But have you forgotten Rampardos? Rampardos can have 471 attack at level 100, making it the strongest Pokémon out there, and therefore the strongest with Giga Impact, Rollout and the other demanding attacks (and this is on sheer attack base). This comes at Slaking's mere 460 and Hippowdon at 355 (but the stockpile action does change things a bit). and who knows, Miltank can be max attack at level 100 with attack of 284 and Hippowdon being slightly above its norm and be at 250... it is a possibility you know!

Forgive my rant, but if you're looking at strength by numbers, Rampardos has it... Also since Porygon-Z and Alakazam have the same Sp. Attack rating, Porygon-Z's Hyper Beam can be matched with a Hyper Beam from Alakazam, but Alakazam would be able to withstand the Hyper Beam a lot better since its Sp. Defense is higher than Porygon-Z's