News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

What are you playing right now?

Started by ALPRAS, July 14, 2009, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrP

Well, I bought Pokémon Blue in November of 1998 (well, my parents did) that was the beginning of a beautiful era!

DrP

So I've officially started playing Pokémon HeartGold and New Super Mario Bros Wii (though I had it since a week before my birthday). Im starting with my favorite Gen II Pokémon, ãƒ'ノã,¢ãƒ©ã,· (or Cyndaquil for all of you who cant speak japanese)

SlowPokemon

I hate Cyndaquil myself...
so ugly.
I love Chikorita and Totodile is a close second.

And I got to world 2 in NSMB Wii but kind of got out of it... I didn't think it was as fun as the DS one. Of course, it was the first Mario Bros game I've played for a console. The only other ones were for the NES/SNES re-released for the GBA. I've played the one where you can be Mario, Luigi, Peach or Toad; Super Mario Bros 3 (my personal favorite); and Super Mario World (best music!).
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DrP

I think cyndaquil is the cuteist of them all (but i dont look for cute), chikorita comes a close 2nd (but bayleef is my favorite grass pokemon of them all [with budew too])

NSMB Wii got boring fast... world 4 and im done

Taser9090

Quote from: drpamplemousse on July 04, 2010, 06:26:11 PMI think cyndaquil is the cuteist of them all (but i dont look for cute), chikorita comes a close 2nd (but bayleef is my favorite grass pokemon of them all [with budew too])

NSMB Wii got boring fast... world 4 and im done
Cyndaquil is my favorite.

NSMB also got boring really fast. My sister likes playing it though :\

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

DrP

That whole evolutionary line is freaking awesome... im off to better things now. I have to finish the wii version of twilight princess, so that's what im playing next

SlowPokemon

Finished Mario Party Advance today. :P

Still playing Superstar Saga... I'm at that Joke's End place. It was hilarious when Luigi was hypnotized then forgot about it. And now that they have Peach's spare dress, I can only imagine who'll be wearing it. lol.

The game gets better as it progresses IMO. With the other two it's funny from the start.

DrP

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 07, 2010, 06:53:01 AMFinished Mario Party Advance today. :P

Still playing Superstar Saga... I'm at that Joke's End place. It was hilarious when Luigi was hypnotized then forgot about it. And now that they have Peach's spare dress, I can only imagine who'll be wearing it. lol.

The game gets better as it progresses IMO. With the other two it's funny from the start.
Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 07, 2010, 06:53:01 AMFinished Mario Party Advance today. :P

Those Mario and Luigi games are so much fun. Bowser's inside story was probably the easiest, but i liked Superstar Saga the best, hands down. There was so much stuff to do, even on the side and all. Wait until you face Bowletta!

Taser9090

I thought M&L:PiT was so boring. The only use of the touch screen was to rub off the dirt in the portrait, and there were no side quests like in Superstart Saga.

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

DrP

Quote from: Taser9090 on July 07, 2010, 12:38:38 PMI thought M&L:PiT was so boring. The only use of the touch screen was to rub off the dirt in the portrait, and there were no side quests like in Superstart Saga.

I didnt say side "quests" i said side "stuff"... eg finding beans, playing with Harhall's decorating stuff, the arcade in Toadtown... that type of side stuff

SlowPokemon

I like Bowser's Inside Story the best, followed by Partners in Time, followed by Superstar Saga. Superstar Saga is still really good though.

Partners in Time was my first Mario rpg game though.

DrP

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 07, 2010, 06:27:46 PMI like Bowser's Inside Story the best, followed by Partners in Time, followed by Superstar Saga. Superstar Saga is still really good though.

Partners in Time was my first Mario rpg game though.

Then it would make sense for you to view Partners in time that way. I remember when Superstar Saga came out, and all my friends had it... I was so envious, and then I got it and then I was happy!

SlowPokemon

See, when I got partners in time, it was one of the first ds games I got. I got my ds for my tenth birthday. It came with animal crossing ww, and my parents also got me Pokemon trozei (surprisingly fun sometimes).

Then I had some birthday money left over and my parents let me pick out a couple games. I got Super Mario 64 DS (I had loved the original), Partners in Time (looked kind of cool), and I think maybe Mario Kart DS, or that could have been later.

But I didn't know it was meant to be funny. It just struck me as hilarious. (Very memorable scene - Luigi in the Koopaseum [stadium in the desert]). So, I loved Bowser's Inside Story as well. Then I found out there was a first, so now I feel like I'm playing a prequel.

Downside (and also upside) - the graphics have not changed ONE BIT. Maybe the battles were improved a bit, but Partners in Time could easily have been made for the GBA, other than you using the x and y buttons. I loved that you didn't have to use the touch screen.

Also...
Quote from: drpamplemousse on July 07, 2010, 12:40:58 PMI didnt say side "quests" i said side "stuff"... eg finding beans, playing with Harhall's decorating stuff, the arcade in Toadtown... that type of side stuff

The arcade (which is actually in Little Fungitown ;)) is beast.

DrP

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 07, 2010, 06:45:51 PMSee, when I got partners in time, it was one of the first ds games I got. I got my ds for my tenth birthday. It came with animal crossing ww, and my parents also got me Pokemon trozei (surprisingly fun sometimes).

Then I had some birthday money left over and my parents let me pick out a couple games. I got Super Mario 64 DS (I had loved the original), Partners in Time (looked kind of cool), and I think maybe Mario Kart DS, or that could have been later.

But I didn't know it was meant to be funny. It just struck me as hilarious. (Very memorable scene - Luigi in the Koopaseum [stadium in the desert]). So, I loved Bowser's Inside Story as well. Then I found out there was a first, so now I feel like I'm playing a prequel.

Downside (and also upside) - the graphics have not changed ONE BIT. Maybe the battles were improved a bit, but Partners in Time could easily have been made for the GBA, other than you using the x and y buttons. I loved that you didn't have to use the touch screen.

Also...
The arcade (which is actually in Little Fungitown ;)) is beast.

Wanna know something? I remember when Super Mario 64 came out (and im holding the cartridge as I type... ahh lost time)... I loved the DS version much better. Partners in Time was originally made for GBA, but when the DS came out, they stripped down the game and redid it to make it adaptable to the DS (and redid the storyline). I loved Bowser's Inside Story as a game... it was pretty epic! There's only certain video game series I even consider buying, if that... and the Mario and Luigi series is one of them! And I loved that game where you had to put the mario objects on the sides of the screen to get points (Hee beans galore)

Taser9090

Quote from: drpamplemousse on July 07, 2010, 12:40:58 PMI didnt say side "quests" i said side "stuff"... eg finding beans, playing with Harhall's decorating stuff, the arcade in Toadtown... that type of side stuff
Oh, I was just saying what I thought about the game. :p