News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

What are you playing right now?

Started by ALPRAS, July 14, 2009, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Me too! I'm going to get the Goomba and Koopa Troopa amiibo as well haha
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

LeviR.star

Super Mario Maker for 3DS is so disappointing. You can't share your own levels outside of StreetPass, which was one of the biggest features in the Wii U version. There is no usable Mystery Mushroom feature, which also means amiibo functionality is also gone, added to the fact that you can't play any courses that include a Mystery Mushroom. Online, though, is the worst. Not only can you not upload your own courses, but you can't search for certain courses, either, through search query or course ID. The only way you can find them is through a randomized batch through Course World, or through the 100 Mario Challenge, which is another thing. No matter what the difficulty setting is, one minute you'll be cruising through 10-second levels made by 5-year-olds, and the next you'll be trying to figure out a ridiculous "Kaizo" level. It's miraculous finding a level made by an expert, or even a decent designer. Too many trolls.

Yes, I'm sure some of it has to do with limitations of the 3DS.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Tobbeh99

Cleared Spyro: A Hero's Tail! Have been playing it for a while and now finally completed it. :D

Pretty ok game. But nothing special. Don't really recommend it, as it... really isn't that great. Especially the mini-games, which are pretty poorly made and hard and annoying. :-\
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

SlowPokemon

I downloaded Tomodachi Life since My Nintendo was offering a discount.

That game is really pretty fun, huh? I don't see why anyone would pay more than $15 or $20 for it, but it's kind of hilarious. I made all of the people my apartment and one of our professors so far and we're having a good laugh about it.

SlowPokemon

FINALLY 100%ed Chaos;Child on Tuesday night (I started it on January 2 and it's just insanely long) so I have time for more things.

I ALMOST beat Ocarina of Time 3D Master Quest—I'm at the final Ganon and just don't want to bother with it. I feel like I can probably count getting this far as beating the game, right...? I'm past everything that's different from the original.

In the meantime, I finally picked up A Link Between Worlds and good lord is that game fun.

mikey

I would count that.

The best part about ALBW is the dungeon design.  The Dark Palace is probably one of the coolest dungeons I've seen.
ALBW's biggest flaw is the renting system- you make so much money that you just buy them all right at the start and it removes any real critical decision making.  I'm glad you think it's fun, cause it's one of my favorites
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

It's weird. I actually downloaded ALBW as a sort of "I'll give 2D Zelda one more shot" thing because with both Link's Awakening and ALTTP I played for a few hours and was just incredibly bored. But ALBW feels much different—kind of like BOTW but with an open world map that's actually possible to see everything. Or in other words, like BOTW but I don't feel overwhelmed.

SlowPokemon

After a year and a half and over 58 hours, I 100% finished Picross 3D Round 2, meaning that I have 100%ed EVERY Picross game developed for 3DS, on hard mode with no assistance

This is not a gigantic accomplishment for most Picross games but Picross 3D Round 2 was insanely difficult and I got the highest jewel type in every puzzle so I'm really proud

(Ignore the fact that I'm not even halfway through Picross S for Switch)

LeviR.star

Wow, good job, Slow! That must feel so rewarding.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 22, 2018, 12:34:08 PM(Ignore the fact that I'm not even halfway through Picross S for Switch)

I need to get back to that, too.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

SlowPokemon

It does, LOL I'm kind of addicted to Picross!

SlowPokemon

I've had a really involved week with my Switch!

1. Layers of Fear: Legacy -- I downloaded this on sale a month ago or so, and finally got around to playing it. I started out playing it with headphones, but eventually had to switch to docked mode with my roommates in the room because I scare easily. I got each of the three endings to the game, and had a really good and pretty legitimately scary time! I haven't touched the "Inheritance" mode, which I'm pretty sure was paid DLC on the other consoles but comes included with the Switch version, but that's probably up next for me.

2. Splatoon 2 -- Finally gave this a shot after not really clicking with the first Splatoon despite loving everything about the concept and presentation. I'm not sure if the games are really that different in execution, but I'm definitely enjoying this one more than I did the Wii U one. I'm really having a blast with the single player mode--even though the game tells you to play online right away, I, uh, don't have any idea how to play well. I'm bad at action games. The campaign is a lot of fun though, and I love that the missions are just little ten to fifteen minute affairs--makes it really easy to pick up for a bit and then hit a stopping point.

3. I am Setsuna. -- Downloaded this a good while ago with 1-2-Switch, as they were both on sale at the same time. The latter title took precedence for me at the time since it was first-party Nintendo, but it's been quite a while since I've played a classic-style JRPG and I kind of got the urge this week. I've played about three hours and I'm actually already hooked. It plays like something out of the late 90s or early 2000s, the kind of RPGs you'd play on a GBA. In other words, it's great nostalgia bait for me, and I really enjoy that the story and gameplay sections are divided up so well. The game has a really neat premise, and the combat system is easy enough to get the hang of without being so simplistic that it's boring. I hope it keeps up the good pace, because I really dig the game's moody snowy melancholy aesthetic.

4. Picross S -- following up on my Picross 3D Round 2 total completion achievement last week, it's bugging me that I own a Picross game that I haven't finished. I did all the puzzles in regular mode and am now working through the Mega Picross puzzles. It's all really fun, and again I find that it makes for a great "study break" game to keep my mind stimulated.

Anyway, it's odd considering that I've played Zelda AND Mario, but this is the first time since I got my Switch over a year ago that I've actually felt connected to the console. My 3DS and Wii U both instantly resonated with me, but something about the Switch is a little more impenetrable to me--maybe it's the cold, non-Nintendo aesthetic of the menus or something? Either way, I finally am having a great time with it and couldn't be happier about this development, lmao.

mikey

splatoon 2 is a huge improvement over the first one, so it's understandable that you like this one and not the original (especially since you say you like the concept, that stayed the same while they vastly improved gameplay and balance n stuff)
unmotivated

swimswamit

Anyone played hyper light drifter and was it any good?

AwesomeYears

I'm scared that I'll be beaten up, stuffed in a bag and get shipped to Madagascar if I ever mention something other than Kero Blaster in the stupid-ass Kero Blaster sale topic. And no screw you Ollie, I didn't get Kero Blaster.

However, I've decided to lower my spending for games during Steam Sales from $50 AUD to $20 AUD and that's made a hella difference on how empty my wallet is. I've grabbed up the Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition, the 2013 Tomb Raider and the Director's Cut of Deadly Premonition all for $15.45 USD! That brings my total external funds on Steam (just Steam not Humble Bundle or any other crap like that) to around $212 AUD! I'll be diving into New Vegas first as my first Bethesda game, wish me luck!

Olimar12345

Shit, at ease man. Idgaf how you waste your shitty money.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!