News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

What are you playing right now?

Started by ALPRAS, July 14, 2009, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeviR.star

Playing the mobile version of Sonic CD. Christian Whitehead is quite the guy.

If Nintendo fangames were as good as Sega fangames, Nintendo probably wouldn't be trying to shut them down all the time.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Trainer Ave

No. The better a Nintendo fangame is the more they try to shut it down.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

Dudeman

AM2R, anyone?

I mean yeah, I guess they were actually working on their own Metroid 2 remake, but still.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Dekkadeci

Quote from: BoywithoutaFairy on August 28, 2017, 04:33:05 PMNo. The better a Nintendo fangame is the more they try to shut it down.
I suspect this is true--I remember stuff like Pokemon Uranium being shut down (it was almost certainly better than whatever fake Pokemon games I've seen on the fronts of Chinese boxes).

Admittedly, on another sour note, I've seen trailers for games that are clearly ripping off real Digimon and putting fake names on them. (I caught Hackmon and even Jesmon images being used in one trailer, so those guys are extracting some of the most recently released Digimon.)

LeviR.star

Quote from: Dudeman on August 28, 2017, 05:12:46 PMAM2R, anyone?

I mean yeah, I guess they were actually working on their own Metroid 2 remake, but still.

I think AM2R is fantastic, but in a fan game sense. Nintendo probably wouldn't have made it in that graphical style. Then again, that's no reason to shut it down, that's for sure.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

mikey

IP theft is a good reason to shut something down

on the other hand that's what makes a company like riot so great because they encourage IP theft lol
unmotivated

Trainer Ave

Everyone should just market their fangames as parodies. If they do that no company has rights to the game at all unless it's based on a rom
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

LeviR.star

Just replayed Mega Man III for the Game Boy during a car trip today. While it was certainly easier than my first time, I still had a considerable number of Game Overs, (especially with Dust Man and Drill Man's stages) Usually, when I have a hard time with a Mega Man game, replaying it is so much easier. That was not the case with this game. The enemy placement and stage length is so annoying.

Replaying Mega Man IV. Stone Man was harder here than he was in 5.

swimswamit

Ah anyone remember the old pokemon omega? Favorite of the little pokemon mmo's, got shut down when omega was announced, sadly.

Nebbles

I bought Dual Destinies! So now I can do more lawyer shenanigans.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Maelstrom

Have I mentioned Hollow Knight is great? Because it is.

mikey

Which order of no quarter is that?
unmotivated

LeviR.star

Maelstrom

100% serious here, Hollow Knight is much, much better than Shovel Knight

LeviR.star

How so? I'm curious how these separate games will be compared.