What are you playing right now?

Started by ALPRAS, July 14, 2009, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mastersuperfan

I like how you say that the game was packaged with the Zapper instead of the Zapper being packaged with the game.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Olimar12345

^well in all seriousness we knew the zapper was coming long before we knew about the spinoff.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

LeviR.star

Quote from: mastersuperfan on July 20, 2017, 08:12:55 AMI like how you say that the game was packaged with the Zapper instead of the Zapper being packaged with the game.

No, seriously, the zapper was in a box and in the box was a jacket with Link's Crossbow Training inside.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

Skyward Sword update: I lost to Levias, the big floating whale, then hit quit instead of continue, failing to realize that my last save had been two hours ago. There's no way in hell I'm redoing everything since then again, so it looks like I'm not finishing the game. Maybe I'll cool off in a few days but I don't really feel like doing all of that again.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

AmpharosAndy

I'm playing through the main story of Oblivion again as I've never actually finished it before. It's funny conjuring creatures from oblivion to help fight creatures inside the gates.
innit

SlowPokemon

I ate my words and played zelda for a while. The game somehow remembered I'd seen some of the cutscenes before, so I could skip them. And I just went straight for Levias instead of redoing the side quests so it took me all of like thirty minutes.

But goddam how many fetch quests does this game HAVE

the song of the hero is in three parts, and the Faron woods part was itself in seventeen parts

The woods being flooded is cool but oh my god let me finish this game stop beating these areas to death
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Dudeman

And now you know why Skyward Sword ends up being regarded as so sub-par.

the sandship was cool though right
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

I liked revisiting the areas because I knew where to find everything.  Flooding the entire woods was a brilliant idea too

I don't remember fetchquests being a problem and I just recently had been playing it.  The only criticism I understand is the imprisoned battle, everything else is still really well done.
unmotivated

Dudeman

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on July 27, 2017, 01:47:32 PMI liked revisiting the areas because I knew where to find everything.
That's kind of why it's regarded as a bad thing, though. There's no new sense of discovery or progression; it just becomes an arbitrary point you have to go to instead of a new adventure.
And the fetchquests really ramp up in the latter portions of the game so it does get tedious quickly. Pretty much every sidequest in the game is a fetchquest.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

except you interact with the areas in different ways each time because of new items or whatnot.  Like Eldin is not the same place after all your items get taken away, for example.  You spend most of the time in the same area, but each region even has a second separate area too.  It's like complaining that zora's domain froze instead of actually having a new ice region to explore
unmotivated

Bloop

Yeah if we're talking about adult link ocarina of time stuff the only real new big area would be gerudo desert

Trainer Ave

Honestly idk how anyone can stand to play a Zelda game more than once or any other adventure game for that matter. Always seemed like it defeats the purpose of it being an adventure.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

Dudeman

There's thing called "the game is fun and I want to play it again." There's also this other thing called "I might have missed a few things the first time through and I want to give them another shot."

Trainer Ave

Ok that last part I understand but most of the fun of an adventure game is in the adventure game is in the adventure itself. After you've been through it once you already know where everything is so it's no longer an adventure which always killed the fun for me.

Side note: I'm going through as many Pokemon games as it requires to catch 1 of every shiny Pokemon including all alternate forms. Are there post-gen 4 Pokemon that are shiny locked in every method to obtain them? Also is there a way to get a legit shiny Arceus (fuck I need 18 of those)?
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server