What are you playing right now?

Started by ALPRAS, July 14, 2009, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebbles

Jeez, everyone's been saying that lmao
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SlowPokemon

You think Edgeworth 1 is okay until you play the second one and then it's like wow

(Also your order is fine since AJAA came out first, just stick to release order)

I will say that as someone who identifies with Edgeworth a LOT, his games are both awesome for me just based on him being the protagonist. His reliance on super logic and reasoning is more resonant for me than the psychic lawyer stuff of the other games.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 14, 2017, 11:11:19 AMYou think Edgeworth 1 is okay until you play the second one and then it's like wow

Basically this

Except the third case of Edgeworth 1 is pretty much the worst case in the series

On a related note, it's not really what I've been playing right now per se, but I've given up on hope for a localization for DGS and started watching the subbed videos (actually, I gave up a long time ago but I didn't realize the subbed videos were finished until the recent news about the subbed vids being taken down and then brought back up). I'm on Case 2 and it's actually really good. Not the best game (the end of Case 1 dragged out way longer than it needed to), but I'm certainly loving the characters more than I expected to.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

mikey

I was tossing around the idea of doing one of those text and image let's plays like alti and I was either gonna do psmd or a Zelda game.  Anyone have input?
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

I beat the first three dungeons of Skyward Sword. Am I halfway through the game yet?

Also I watched my brother play the rest of Twilight Princess since I gave up in the Arbiter's Grounds, and god what a terrible game. Midna and Ooccoo are hilarious and awesome, but the gameplay was so tedious and bad. I don't know why anyone likes that game.

mikey

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 17, 2017, 06:32:32 PMI beat the first three dungeons of Skyward Sword. Am I halfway through the game yet?
kinda sorta
Basically there are only the three areas but they're very complex and you interact with the environment each time you visit for the main story
You'll hate the imprisoned battle but probably like everything else
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Huh neat okay

Also can we talk about how terrifying Ghirahim is, he actually scares me

mikey

Top 5 Zelda villains easily, probably top three
unmotivated

Dudeman

Ghirahim is just the best and I wish that somehow we could have him in a future game (Hyrule Warriors notwithstanding).
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

SlowPokemon

He's legitimately terrifying haha and also the uncomfortably sadistic talk about punishing Link is so unsettling

Also his music theme is awesome so there's that

Honestly, this is a really good game so far and I don't know why people I know don't like it? The motion controls are kinda finicky but they're still way better than I expected

Zunawe

Ghirahim is one of the more unique Zelda characters. Definitely one of the most unique Zelda villains. I think I would say Zant is probably the most interesting, which is one of few redeeming qualities of TP compared to the rest of the series. And Imprisoned is so bad it's hard to call it a villain. TP and SS are probably my least favorite console Zeldas.

I think my dislike of it boils down to the uninteresting story, uninteresting boss battles, lack of open world, and boring sidekick.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Dudeman

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 17, 2017, 07:00:08 PMHonestly, this is a really good game so far and I don't know why people I know don't like it? The motion controls are kinda finicky but they're still way better than I expected
Now that you've finished the first three dungeons, you'll probably start to understand why. There's a lot of backtracking and repetition with little variation in what you're exploring (except for the expansion on Lanayru, that part's awesome) and the story drags while you do it. You're about to reach the Ancient Cistern though and that's probably the best dungeon in the game.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

Little variation in what you're exploring?

What

I'm dumbfounded
unmotivated

Dudeman

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on July 17, 2017, 07:29:29 PMNow that you've finished the first three dungeons, you'll probably start to understand why. There's a lot of backtracking and repetition with little variation in what you're exploring (except for the expansion on Lanayru, that part's awesome) and the story drags while you do it. You're about to reach the Ancient Cistern though and that's probably the best dungeon in the game.

Also best boss in the game, imo.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel