What are you playing right now?

Started by ALPRAS, July 14, 2009, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman

Galaxy is a wonderful platformer and certainly among the greatest Mario games ever made, but yeah, I don't know if I'd agree that it's the best game ever made. That said, I'm the guy who doesn't think there is objectively any way for a game to actually be the "best game ever."
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Maelstrom

It's not Mother 3.
You're doing it wrong.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Dudeman on July 12, 2017, 06:43:52 PMGalaxy is a wonderful platformer and certainly among the greatest Mario games ever made, but yeah, I don't know if I'd agree that it's the best game ever made. That said, I'm the guy who doesn't think there is objectively any way for a game to actually be the "best game ever."

^^ Dudeman says the truest things. I'll just say now that I mean, "my favorite game".

Quote from: Maelstrom on July 12, 2017, 06:44:18 PMIt's not Mother 3.
You're doing it wrong.

No, Nintendo is. Hence why it's not localized.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Olimar12345

Oh boy here we go well I had better bring out the trump card and say simply: Pikmin

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mikey

Quote from: Dudeman on July 12, 2017, 06:43:52 PMGalaxy is a wonderful platformer and certainly among the greatest Mario games ever made, but yeah, I don't know if I'd agree that it's the best game ever made. That said, I'm the guy who doesn't think there is objectively any way for a game to actually be the "best game ever."
there are a few games that you look at and think, "this game deserves more."  Galaxy was one of the best games on the Wii for sure but it didn't make the impact that super Mario 64 did.  While you're right that you can't quantify best ever, you can pinpoint qualities similar to what you'd expect from a theoretical best game ever

A claim that earthbound or final fantasy is the greatest game ever, for example, is also not quantifiable but arguable and likely defensible

On another subject,I bought the dlc for botw and I am outraged.half this stuff should have been included in the main game.  So imo the full game costs like 75 bucks and I just spent 5 bucks on a tingle costume

So unbelievable, should have been free dlc
unmotivated

Olimar12345

Doesn't it also pay for the next dlc wave?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Dudeman

It's a season pass last I checked, so it should.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

Then it may end up being worth 20 at that point
most of this stuff still shoulda been free
unmotivated

MaestroUGC

The way I look at DLC is if its absence makes for a poorer game then it should've been part of the release; if the game is fine without it then it's fine as DLC.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

SlowPokemon

Hard mode definitely should have been in the original game. The outfits are exactly the kind of unimportant things that qualify as a DLC, maybe except the Korok mask. Trial of the sword is up for debate.

Either way, it seems like the bulk of the DLC will be the holiday release.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

Master mode, korok mask, and trial of the sword are all things that are reasonable to expect without dlc

Hero's path is really cool, I haven't used the medallion yet, and the costumes are medium with majoras mask being insanely useful
unmotivated

Nebbles

Started Apollo Justice and holy moly this OST is amazing so far
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SlowPokemon

That's a fantastic score. AJAA's version of "Pursuit" is among my favorite tracks from any game.

Also, enjoy the first couple episodes. The second case is one that seems frivolous at a first impression, but actually quickly turns into one of your favorites. I love it. And the first...that one is really memorable.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nebbles

I plan to play the Edgeworth games too, since I have an inherit Edgeworth bias. I just wanted to continue the story really badly, so I jumped to AJ first.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Maelstrom

Brace yourself for the mediocrity of Investigations 1 and for the greatness of Investigations 2