News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

What are you playing right now?

Started by ALPRAS, July 14, 2009, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

I actually played it back in 2007.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mikey

I remember freaking out when I beat the elite four in diamond because it was so hard
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Can't remember if I've posted about this before. Against all odds, I restarted Breath of the Wild a few weeks ago and have absolutely fallen in love with it. I don't find it tedious anymore and, having put in even more hours than I did on my original file, I'm having an absolute blast.

One question -- I forgot to take a picture of the Rudania boss for my compendium. Does anyone know how to fight it again or how to get a picture of it?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

unmotivated

swimswamit

So how would you guys rate ORAS and Kero Blaster? Deciding on those two maybe

Nebbles

ORAS disappointed me greatly, and I have yet to play Kero Blaster.

I'd say Kero Blaster.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

mikey

oras is good if you drop it before say the fourth gym and then pick it up again after someone completes the game for you
unmotivated

Olimar12345

Pokémon and kero Blaster are two completely different genres. I'd just YouTube search the trailers and see if I were you.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

swimswamit

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on June 25, 2017, 02:46:14 PMoras is good if you drop it before say the fourth gym and then pick it up again after someone completes the game for you
o.o

Ok well I really, really disliked X and Y so I think I'll go with Kero Blaster. Thanks, saved a lot of money that way :s

Olimar12345

You can't go wrong with Kero Blaster.

BlackDragonSlayer

Playing Amnesia: The Dark Descent on PS4. It's a pretty good game so far, though it bothers me that there are like a dozen things you could pick up and use as a weapon, but you can't use as a weapon because reasons. I get that they want to encourage the player to run and hide instead of fighting, but honestly, being able to use a shovel or a pipe as a way to stun enemies (even as a one-time thing!), at least, would allow for the challenge to be ramped up a bit and make things a little more interesting overall.

Highlights include locking myself in a room with a monster I was trying to avoid (looking behind yourself is hard :() and dying because of it, and on a different occasion simply HIGHTAILING IT OUTTA THERE from a monster that could one-shot me, and getting away from it by climbing a ladder.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

swimswamit

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Olimar12345 on June 25, 2017, 03:55:17 PMYou can't go wrong with Kero Blaster.
Can confirm. Beat the game in one sitting and it's pretty good.

Mini-review; mild spoilers
Weapons are great, but by the time you have everything fully upgraded, the spread shot and flamethrower are pretty much the only two weapons you'll be using, with using the other two for niche purposes (tons of games involved inherently unbalanced weapons have this though; just look at Axiom Verge; coincidentally, AV's overpowered "one size fits most" weapon is also a flamethrower). Jumping can be finicky some times (the jetpack upgrade feels like it needs just a tiny bit more "oomph" to it, as I at several times felt I didn't have enough height to make required jumps and at time also felt like I had to do some things that weren't intended just to achieve that extra height), and some of the bosses are a little bit cheap in their randomness and/or making you guess at what you need to do (mostly in regards to the boss of the lab, plateau, and the final boss; if you damage the boss of the lab too quickly, you can actually put yourself in a position where you're guaranteed to be instakilled, as I died that way twice). Otherwise though, the difficulty progression is good and the platforming and shooting is good, the latter especially in regard to the gradually increasing weapon diversity. Some of the music in the early stages is a bit on the "eh" side, but everything else is amazing, especially the post-boss "completion" music, or whatever you'd call it. I also love the art style and the weirdness of it all, especially in regards to the enemies (which I lightheartedly lampooned... to myself, mostly... during my playthrough).

Solid 8-8.5 at least. And that's without even touching the content you unlock after beating the game once (yay more difficulty!).
[close]
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Maelstrom

Quote from: swimswamit on June 27, 2017, 08:03:18 AMSo VA11a Ha11a is worth it?
If it looks like a game you'd hate, no. If it looks interesting, yes yes yes.

mikey

I beat earthbound again
Game is gud
unmotivated