News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

What are you playing right now?

Started by ALPRAS, July 14, 2009, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeviR.star

I've gotten back to Team Kirby Clash Deluxe, and it is annoying. Everything costs Gem Apples!! I even need Gem Apples to regain vigor, which lets me play in the first place! I'm getting tired of asking my dad to enter in his credit card number, and I've only done it twice so far, because he gets annoyed each time I ask. I've had the game since the day it was released, and I'm only at Level 17/50. It's not like it gets easier to Level Up each level, and there is no real way to "grind". Each harvest is every 12 hours, and you need to purchase Gem Apples to grow the tree. Past Level 5 Gear, everything costs at least 50 Gem Apples, and according to the chart Dude pulled up, it will take 1691 days from beginning to end to harvest enough Gem Apples to beat the game 100% without making any purchases. I've already bought at least 750 gem apples to grow the tree, and harvests are still only 20 every 12 hours. Either I'm being impatient, or this is poor game design. No Kirby game should ever again be free-to-play yet have in-game purchases. Ever.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: LeviR.star on June 16, 2017, 01:42:53 PMEither I'm being impatient, or this is poor game design.
Poor game design. This is just ridiculous.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Nebbles on June 16, 2017, 01:10:15 PMYessssssss you got Echoes!!!!

Ha, I've had Echoes since release day but I hadn't actually played it much until now. :P
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Zunawe

Quote from: LeviR.star on June 16, 2017, 01:42:53 PMNo Kirby game should ever again be free-to-play yet have in-game purchases. Ever.
You're right, they should spend a bunch of money on development and then donate the result to the public.

Games made by professionals are going to either cost money or have microtransactions. Some might have just ads, but putting enough ads in to cover the cost of something developed/produced by Nintendo really hurts their reputation, and they'll probably never do it.

A game that requires microtransactions to progress is doing it wrong, and it sounds like that may be the case here. But microtransactions for conveniences and customization is one of the best ways for a free game to make revenue. In fact, it's probably their only option.

Blame the bad math and game design, not their only viable business model.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Nebbles

Quote from: mastersuperfan on June 16, 2017, 02:32:13 PMHa, I've had Echoes since release day but I hadn't actually played it much until now. :P

:U Still!!! Why aren't you talking to me about it. Hmph.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

swimswamit

Replaying Emerald, cept I hooked up an emulator to the wii for it so I could try it on the big screen. Forgot how good some of the route music is, usually just hear route music from diamond and pearl/red and blue but route 104 in emerald really caught me off guard.

SlowPokemon

I always felt like Route 104 was a play on the melody in Ever Grande City
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

wouldn't it be the other way around
unmotivated

Nebbles

I've made it to Trials and Tribulations on my AA journey. Loving this series.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

mastersuperfan

Prepare yourself for the best game yet

(And also the hardest)
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

K-NiGhT

training to be an ARMS master

(also just biding time until Splatoon 2 comes out)
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

LeviR.star

I've finally taken the time to level up a bit without spending anything on potions or EXP orbs. I beat Taranza today at Level 26, and one of his heroic missions was to beat the him after reaching 25. I think I'm all caught up! :D

One thing I liked about the battle: it was the first (excluding Colossal Waddle Dee) boss to not reuse coding from Return to Dream Land, Triple Deluxe or Planet Robobot. Plus, his model was very well polished, and his fight was clever. I especially enjoyed him going "eeny-meeny-miney-moe" in the background to choose which Kirby to throw an electric web ball at. I can't wait to fight the last bosses.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

BlackDragonSlayer

Flinthook finally got another PS4 update; though I don't think it's quite caught up yet to the PC version, I hope the balance on some stuff is a bit better now.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Olimar12345

Currently trying to toggle Pokémon diamond with EarthBound. Trying to hurry though, since I still have to get to disgaea 5 and ever oasis. Gotta get those done before hey Pikmin, splatoon 2, and Metroid Samus returns. Not to mention the zelda dlc pack one releases next week. I'm going to be pretty busy 9_6
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

swimswamit

Quote from: Olimar12345 on June 24, 2017, 09:44:40 PMPokémon diamond
yeeah you're going to enjoy that a lot if you haven't played it before (I think)