News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

What are you playing right now?

Started by ALPRAS, July 14, 2009, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WaluigiTime64

Already did. Agile is far worse than the rest of them.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Dudeman

Oh absolutely. In general, there's parts about X2 that I like, but most of it is just kinda ehhhh in my opinion.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

WaluigiTime64

It's more upbeat than X1, so I'm enjoying it more. Also you can't go wrong with robots called Overdrive Ostrich or Wheel Gator.
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Dudeman

True, those tend to be my high points.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

daj

Quote from: daj on March 21, 2017, 01:54:04 AMWelp, tried going back to Chrono Trigger and failed xD

I stopped playing just before the Black Omen appeared, so um...somehow all the enemies out there are killing me instantly now? Plus, the mechanics are actually kind tricky, with the whole active timer thing going on. Yeeaaahh.

Probably going to restart, ahaha

A little less than 72 hours on, aaaand well, I finished the game! :D Turns out the active timer was a terrible decision, and the game is actually possible when you turn that thing off.

(proceeds to do one of those millenials' rambles about how the old stuff was actually good and i couldn't appreciate it at first and now i love oldies and am officially a hippie or some shit idk)

Spoiler
Ahh, but that last battle though. Such a beautiful fight. Just ooone tiny ramble here k :p

Won't spoil it for you, Trains, but I might as well put this out there - it is really quite difficult, yet extremely beautiful. Yep, I called a boss fight beautiful. <3 I thought my team and gear was overlevelled/overpowered, but nope. Kept me on my toes for a whole half an hour (well, most of it). And the atmosphere, the exchanges and all - beautiful. The major plot points all tied in nicely in that one fight, and it was the perfect way to end a game. Love it.

And then there's the music - dang, I finally appreciate what makes it so charming, and I have the context to go learn from it now. Yayy~
[close]

Next stop, FFVI! ^^

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: daj on March 23, 2017, 11:10:06 PMA little less than 72 hours on
72 hours straight sounds painful.

daj

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on March 23, 2017, 11:28:44 PM72 hours straight sounds painful.

naaah it only took 15. somehow played about five hours a day with an actual schedule.

much sleep was sacrificed.

WaluigiTime64

daj

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: daj on March 24, 2017, 12:07:25 AMno ragrets. go nerdism!
Lol yeah, I agree.

I just beat Mega Man X2, which was moderately fun, except for the part where the final boss looked stupid, didn't put up much of a fight, and lasted for 7 minutes or so.

LuxraySpiral

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on March 24, 2017, 01:04:45 AMand lasted for 7 minutes or so.
Is 7 minutes a long duration, and is it better to have a long/short duration for the final boss fight?
Quote from: LuxraySpiral on March 20, 2017, 07:37:23 AM
(Also, I might try to concrete my position as the parentheses guy)
Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on March 20, 2017, 08:18:57 AM
(Sorry, (but (that (role (is (already (taken.)))))))

WaluigiTime64

Well, in a SNES platformer, I don't expect myself to be fighting a boring and repetitive fight for 7 minutes, so I would say that the bad thing was that it was too long.

Maelstrom

Quote from: daj on March 23, 2017, 11:10:06 PMNext stop, FFVI! ^^
Don't do that to yourself. FFVI has such a similar battle system​ you will experience burnout. Not to mention that FFVI has random encounters and a heck of a lot of things that just don't work as well as CT. Oh, and it's at least twice as long. Don't get me wrong, you should play it. Just play a few other things first.

daj

Quote from: Maelstrom on March 24, 2017, 04:12:23 AMDon't do that to yourself. FFVI has such a similar battle system​ you will experience burnout. Not to mention that FFVI has random encounters and a heck of a lot of things that just don't work as well as CT. Oh, and it's at least twice as long. Don't get me wrong, you should play it. Just play a few other things first.

ahhhh thank you for that! somehow didn't think about random encounters in FF games :p

welp, guess that means its time to play super mario world! and maybe some fire emblem too ^^

Dudeman

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on March 24, 2017, 02:20:18 AMWell, in a SNES platformer, I don't expect myself to be fighting a boring and repetitive fight for 7 minutes, so I would say that the bad thing was that it was too long.
The lack of health bar doesn't help things any :P