News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

What are you playing right now?

Started by ALPRAS, July 14, 2009, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maelstrom

Started Danganronpa 2 and I'm loving some of these characters.

SlowPokemon

Finished Root Letter, but I'm taking a detour from my visual novel adventures to play Twilight Princess HD before I take on Steins;Gate 0. Current progress: I beat the Forest Temple. Current thoughts: possibly the worst and most boring intro to any game I've ever played, but by my third or fourth hour I was glad I stuck it out because the dungeon design was hella fun.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

Whenever I play that game I always find myself wishing the first third of the game didn't exist
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

It's like passably fun by the time you turn into Wolf Link, and it's totally fun and classic Zelda stuff when you turn back into hero Link and enter the Forest Temple, but damn those first couple hours were borderline torturously dull
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Dudeman

Twilight Princess easily takes the cake for me in terms of dungeon design. The introduction portion is notorious for being agonizingly slow-paced so I'm not surprised you found it boring.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

LeviR.star

About to download Mega Man IV on the 3DS Virtual Console. It's certainly better than two, I'll bet, but not much different than III; same sound effects, same recycling of music.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Lkjhgfdsa_77

oh yay we're talking about zelda again

I'm just going to dump my opinions of Twilight Princess at the moment here because I have an excuse to, note that I played the game a while back so some details may have been muddied by time.

Twilight Princess probably had one of the most drawn out beginnings to any Zelda game to date, it may have been Nintendo's attempt at creating a more detailed plotline (but if I remember the Ilia subplot doesn't reappear until after the second dungeon). I played the game a while back and after a trying to play it again all I could think about was how depressing the intro is, being that the entirety of the village's children are kidnapped. I don't remember much about the dungeon design, but I am able to remember the Water Lakebed Temple in the first half. I liked how there was a central mechanic (releasing water into the central room) which affected the entire dungeon.
Talking about late game (or enough to be spoiling)
[spidermidna]
While I felt that the Midna-is-brutally-injured-by-Zant-by-surprise-because-you-decided-to-rebuild-a-dangerous-artifact-that-was-literally-sealed-away-by-the-goddesses-because-of-said-danger felt sudden and I felt that a bit of player interaction (i.e. warping the player to the outside of the temple and nudging them to go to the spring) could have made it not so... in your face (or mask if you're Zant). I also liked exploring the original wolf Link section again to build up to the second encounter with Zelda. The overworld gets extremely large once all of the main areas are unlocked, and by the time you get the horse call it's completely obsolete because of the teleportation mechanic. I really don't like how Gerudo Desert is implemented, it always seemed odd that was inconveniently separated from literally every other traversable land mass in Hyrule and I thought that something similar to the broken bridge from Ocarina of Time would have been better. I know that Twilight Princess was originally a GameCube game and it likely would have been done for loading reasons, but I didn't like how they segmented Hyrule Field. It makes the overworld feel like a series of rooms instead of an open space. (this seems to be a trend in other 3D Zelda games, and to me it seems a bit unnatural to have only one space ~20ft(6m) wide to get from one highly populated area (or as populated as they get in Zelda, Skyloft probably has like 30 people tops, makes you wonder how they reproduce) to a main hub of transportation.) I don't remember any real defining features of the areas of Hyrule Field, so they all feel the same and kind of bland. I really liked the way that Snowpeak Ruins was executed, I liked how the dungeon seemed more alive and not the classic abandoned. I would like to see more dungeons like that in future Zeldas. I also liked the Temple of Time in terms of design; although very linear, I liked the "retrieval" aspect of bringing the second statue down from the top of the temple down the path which you came. However, I missed the big key; it could've been me but I felt like they could have pointed the player towards it more. I found the Zant battle to be one of the best in the game, and I thought it was fun to redo the earlier boss battles from the game.
[/spidermidna]
[close]
Note: Ninja'd by Levi, this was relevant when Dudeman posted
- Lkjhgfdsa_77
Arr | Tran | LiPo | Intro | YT | Blog

Maelstrom

Got my PS3 games from Amazon. Just started Shadow of the Colossus. 1 down, 15 to go.

Dudeman

Quote from: Maelstrom on January 06, 2017, 08:34:55 PMGot my PS3 games from Amazon. Just started Shadow of the Colossus. 1 down, 15 to go.
YYAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

daj

Bastion on iOS! Best game score I've heard in very long, really cute concept, whole bundle of awesomeness ^^

Also re-playing through Zelda:OoT haha, i do wanna master quest this time~

Nebbles

FUCK YEAH BASTION IT'S SUCH A GOOD GAME
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Maelstrom

Finished Danganronpa 2 and man, what a ride. I didn't expect it to get so meta at the end.

LeviR.star

Playing Mega Man 7. Dudeman was right; this game is fun. But I had to look up on YouTube some of the Rush Search locations. And Turbo Man's stage is a bit tricky right now.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

WaluigiTime64

Oh, so I'm the weird one. Ok then.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Nitro Indigo

Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.