News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

What are you playing right now?

Started by ALPRAS, July 14, 2009, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-NiGhT

Dragon Quest IX. Memorizing songs so i can arrange them :D
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

MassiveMayhem

I'm playing:

Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IV
Metal Gear Solid Peacewalker
Skyrim
Arrangement Project? It's a maybe.

SlowPokemon

Cave Story 3D. I finished the Egg Corridor.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

GreekGeek

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.

It's ossim.

spitllama

Replaying Twilight Princess. It's fun to play games when you've forgotten most of it.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Bespinben

Quote from: spitllama on January 10, 2012, 08:52:29 AMIt's fun to play games when you've forgotten most of it.

I so know what you mean. When I first picked up my copy of Pokémon HG/SS, it felt like a fresh, new adventure because I hadn't played the original Gold version in 10 years. Only a few of the town names were familiar-ish (of course I remembered the Pokémon native to Johto though :P).
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Jamaha

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Olimar12345 on January 10, 2012, 09:38:06 AMYou're in for a treat.

I love the added depth to the game. Obviously it will never be as great as the original. But it's super cool and the remixed music is AWESOME.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Olimar12345

I absolutely LOVED the music to Cave Story. Don't forget to go for the Booster 2.0!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Cobraroll

Medieval II: Total War.

Not quite sure if I like it or not. The graphics are good, it's realistic and all that, but oh how very monotonous and quite sluggish. The difference between units appear to be minuscule. A pikeman is a pikeman, regardless of there being forty different types or whatnot of them. You set them to attack, and a big brawl later, someone flees. Sieges are cool at first, but after a while you realize that all the castles look the same, and if the opponent has artillery and you have not, you might as well give in at once, unless you have a mahoosive army garrisoned, and are willing to sacrifise it all at once. Likewise, if you attack a castle using artillery, and the opponent doesn't have it, just pop a can of soda 'cause you've won.

I've always been an advocate for realism in games, but it might turn out that that isn't my preferred style after all. The turn-based overworld map just seems too slow and sluggish, and I like to play defensively, a tactic that will get you absolutely nowhere in this game. I like to construct epic forts and compose great armies, and then play with my enemy until the game is over. Perhaps seizing a foothold and slowly conquer my way into enemy territory, inch by inch until he's weakened enough for a final devastating assault. Hold a place against waves of incoming enemies until reinforcements arrive and Here, both the forts and armies are extremely formulaic, hard to control and you can't do much with them anyway. Your settlements sit in place, generating money, and your armies follow their general and fight. Exactly what it says on the tin. And it's turn-based. Meaning that once you've repelled an attack, another one follows and you have to start from scratch again. No terrain advantages. Defending or attacking a fort, it's just a matter of controlling the ram or not. Elite forces or regular forces, who cares, it's just a big brawl anyway and the difference is hardly noticeable. Sure, you can fire hundres upon hundreds of arrows towards your enemies, they will all miss anyway. Ten archers or two hundred, the difference appears minuscule. It might be my noobishness, but all my battles end in a giant clusterfuck no matter who does what. And then, it's back to the overworld map for a new turn of doing exactly the same somewhere else.

All in all, this is probably a great game, but not entirely my cup of tea. I like to play with games, not just play them. And Medieval II: Total War leaves way too little to the imagination for my liking. Perhaps it will grow on me later.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

MassiveMayhem

Quote from: JaMaHa on January 10, 2012, 09:23:07 AMMass Effect.
I played Mass Effect, loved it.  I played Mass Effect 2, loved it.  I tried replaying Mass Effect...I couldn't do it. The game is so different from it's sequel. It's like going back and playing Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. You say "What the hell were they thinking?!"

It all ends well, because they needed to make these games to perfect the combat system.
Arrangement Project? It's a maybe.

K-NiGhT

I just got saints row the third...not able to play it till tomorrow...GRAAAAAH!
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

EFitTrainr

Guys, is there any extra content in CS3D?
I like food.