What are you playing right now?

Started by ALPRAS, July 14, 2009, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jub3r7

Mystery Dungeon, recruited Regirock, Regigigas, Mesprit, Uxie, Azelf, and Phione.
Yay.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

spitllama

Quote from: blueflower999 on November 07, 2011, 01:40:25 PMAllow me to present the tragic story of EarthBound. (Short version)

Mother was in Japan. Big hit. Planned to be released in the US, never happened.
EarthBound WAS released in the US. Everyone who played it loved it, but it didn't sell well for advertising flaws.
Mother 3 was originally in development for N64, but was cancelled and released 11 years after the release of EB in 2006 for GBA, but only in Japan.

Wow marketing fail
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

blueflower999

The EarthBound slogan was "This Game Stinks". I'm not kidding.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

triforced1

I'm still pretty pissed at Nintendo for not releasing Mother 3 here yet -.-

blueflower999

Don't expect them to. Despite the bombardment of emails from Mother fans, they give no response. That's why there's the fan translation. But still, I'm ticked too. I mean, why the heck would they go and take the Mother 2 demo out of Super Smash Bros Brawl for the American release?
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Olimar12345

...because there never was an amarican mother 2. And apparently they want to keep it that way.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

blueflower999

But Mother 2 IS EarthBound, just with some censorship of course. There's the same game, just some removed content and changed dialogue.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Olimar12345

perhaps lazyness? idk/idc. Im playin' pikmin 2 and it is so fun!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

blueflower999

I hear you. Pikmin and EarthBound are my 2 favorite games.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Roz~

Quote from: blueflower999 on November 07, 2011, 02:11:53 PMDon't expect them to. Despite the bombardment of emails from Mother fans, they give no response. That's why there's the fan translation. But still, I'm ticked too. I mean, why the heck would they go and take the Mother 2 demo out of Super Smash Bros Brawl for the American release?

You forgot to mention that Mother 3 was released at the end of the GBA's lifespan, in 2006. the DS had been released in 2004. That's why they didn't release it here, they didn't think it'd sell well for that reason.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

fabbemannen

Epic-topic-bump

Well, I think I have said it in at least 3 threads now, but...Skyward Sword!
Except for that:
PC: GTA IV and San Andreas Multiplayer (since I'm developing servers)
Wii: SS
Phone: Pokemon Trading Card Game 2 (japanese ain't easy to read :X, still beat the game fully, just some cards left)
360: ...hm...probably Test Drive Unlimited 2...
3DS: Next week I'm getting one, and then it's Ocarina of Time all the way! (with Skyward Sword ofc, I won't beat it before that)

SlowPokemon

New Super Mario Bros. update: finally managed to nab that coveted middle star coin in world 7-5...so difficult to maneuver and stay alive with a Mini Mushroom... now I have to get 7-A, and then a few missing ones in World 8, and I will have one hundred percent completion!

Game is so fun... I was counting on my replay of it to hold me over to SM3DL, but I will have to find another pastime game for a month. XD
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DrP

SuperFireKirby

Skyrim: Best game beginning with the word 'Sky' coming out this year(or any) year.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.