News:

You just lost the game.

Main Menu

What are you playing right now?

Started by ALPRAS, July 14, 2009, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainer Ave

Meanwhile I'm over here playing...pfft, Phantom Hourglass.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

Maelstrom

I've been playing The Last of Us, about 3 years late. It's really, really good.

K-NiGhT

So I recently took on the challenge of doing a nuzlocke every generation of Pokemon in a predetermined order. The order I went with was Kanto>Alola>Sinnoh>Unova>Kalos>Hoenn>Johto.

I'm currently replaying Sun and my god this game is not fun to play the second time. I hate how they pull it into a cutscene every 20 steps and pummel me with like 10 minutes of dialogue. However, I've gotten some crazy good encounter luck and am running a team of almost entirely Gen 7 Pokemon and they are fun to use.

As for the difficulty, I finished Red before moving to this game and I've gotta say that this game is actually quite a degree harder than Red ever was at any point. I breezed through Red in a couple of days, but I've had some pretty scary moments in Sun that have made me hang back and grind a lot before moving on to the next point.

I'm worried for Sinnoh and Unova, since I played those games the least and they're probably two of the most challenging generations.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

Nebbles

Playing FE7 for the, what, 6th or so time? :')
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Trainer Ave

Just warning you Cynthia (sinnoh champion) is probably going to be your hardest challenge
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

mikey

Have fun with that
I think I disagree with gen 7 being harder than 1 though
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on July 12, 2017, 12:19:51 AMHave fun with that
I think I disagree with gen 7 being harder than 1 though
I think the most difficult part of Gen 1 is that it just takes so long to level up... or at least it feels that way. With some basic grinding in Gen 7, I was always overleved.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

Gen 7 has the new exp share mechanic as well as z moves which probably make it even easier
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Using the exp share makes the game boring as fuck. Without it, Sun and Moon are fairly challenging at times.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 12, 2017, 05:10:47 AMUsing the exp share makes the game boring as fuck. Without it, Sun and Moon are fairly challenging at times.
I was still overleved without using Exp. Share (by the end of the Elite Four, my top two Pokemon were levels 64 and 63). I eventually gave up and turned it on around Poni Island because I realized I was just wasting time.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mastersuperfan

I had the Exp. Share for half the game and fought every trainer and when I got to the champion I had one Lv, 54, one Lv. 52, two Lv. 50's, and two Lv. 49's.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

MaestroUGC

Started replaying Galaxy.

And by replaying I mean recording.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

LeviR.star

Quote from: MaestroUGC on July 12, 2017, 01:35:09 PMStarted replaying Galaxy.

Ah, the greatest video game in existence! Excellent choice.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

mikey

Quote from: LeviR.star on July 12, 2017, 03:11:00 PMAh, the greatest video game in existence! Excellent choice.
I challenge that claim
unmotivated

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.